PDA

View Full Version : We got enough........

RatedChaotic
10-14-2017, 04:54 PM
Spam......How about some eggs. Or Reeses.....lol....peanutbutter cups...

I'll help but only for a paycheck. lol

Ubi-Valkyrie
10-14-2017, 06:21 PM
Thanks for letting us know. We don't like spam either, and we take it down as soon as we see it.

Halvtand
10-14-2017, 08:35 PM
It's a viking thing....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

UbiJurassic
10-14-2017, 09:56 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/iQbUZdceDtKRG/giphy.gif

We'll be sure it gets taken care of promptly. ;)

Tundra 793
10-15-2017, 03:50 AM
While I appreciate a good Clarkson gif, it just isn't enough. You guys need to implement better safeguards, yesterday. Almost every single day for at least 7-8 months while I've been here, the first 1-4 pages on the General forum have been nothing but spam at some point. It's unacceptable, and unprofessional.
Either put in some code to ban more phrases from thread titles, or appoint a whole new herd of volunteer moderators to help purge the spam as it's coming in.

It's straining the bounds of reason why nothing more is being done.

ChampionRuby50g
10-15-2017, 04:09 AM
Tundra is right. I haven't seen it this bad before either. When I look at the forums when I wake up in the morning, (usually between 7am-9am local time and sometimes 5am due to work) there are multiple spam posts. 1 month ago I never saw them in the morning, around now (2pm) is when they really start to let themselves be known, and then another 5 hours down the track this place is a minefield. They are even getting smarter, there is literally one posted before with the same title as a thread made by a community member. This spam bot titles their post "Fast Lights (console)" Copied the title to a letter.

Tyrjo
10-15-2017, 11:59 AM
While I appreciate a good Clarkson gif, it just isn't enough. You guys need to implement better safeguards, yesterday. Almost every single day for at least 7-8 months while I've been here, the first 1-4 pages on the General forum have been nothing but spam at some point. It's unacceptable, and unprofessional.
Either put in some code to ban more phrases from thread titles, or appoint a whole new herd of volunteer moderators to help purge the spam as it's coming in.

It's straining the bounds of reason why nothing more is being done.

I just want to highlight how this makes Ubisoft look incompetent.