PDA

View Full Version : A returning players thoughts

Waxfacts
10-13-2017, 09:10 PM
I havent played this game in months and recently jumped back on only a few days ago. The connection issues, balance issues, and general matchmaking issues still remain. Ive noticed every game is filled with a teams of only centurions and gladiators with the occasional highlander. As someone who stopped playing before the first dlc character they feel way too powerful. I get it dlc characters should be powerful but now theres no reason to play anything else. They are fast, heavy hitting, stamina efficient, and have spam that cant be countered, interrupted, or dodged also throw in a good amount of stun. Now technically you could dodge or counter it in some way, but its so fast that even if you react in the split of a second your character is never fast enough to avoid getting stuck in the chain. Unless you also are playing a very meta character.
Every game i go into its my team with gears of 2 whites, a max, and a purple vs 3 max gears with a white who all play centurion and gladiator. I like the 4v4 gamemode, but gear levels make it pretty annoying. If they added the same mode without gear levels that would be pretty cool. However even if they did that i feel like these characters really disturb the balance of the game.
The only thing i can say has improved and not degraded like the balance of the game, is probably the connection. Improved is a bit of a weird word to use, more like instead of lagging constantly players just get kicked at all times of the game and no one ever gets rewards, but hey thats better than the whole lobby crash that happens only 40% of the time now instead of 80%. Dedicated servers seem to still be a taboo to ubisoft, and if they did add them well you can see how bad they are if i can confuse them with non dedicated. The community seems pretty bad too, im sure that some people responding to this will be people who go "get good" or "SALT" and honestly im not bothered by it. Its the same people who use these op strats that act like that. Which i get people want to use the most powerful things in a competitive game, but some of their egos get in the way and they think its all skill or something now. Then there are trolls which granted are everywhere, a plague that enjoys the frustration of others and dont see the real misery that is their life.

UbiJurassic
10-13-2017, 09:32 PM
I havent played this game in months and recently jumped back on only a few days ago. The connection issues, balance issues, and general matchmaking issues still remain. Ive noticed every game is filled with a teams of only centurions and gladiators with the occasional highlander. As someone who stopped playing before the first dlc character they feel way too powerful. I get it dlc characters should be powerful but now theres no reason to play anything else. They are fast, heavy hitting, stamina efficient, and have spam that cant be countered, interrupted, or dodged also throw in a good amount of stun. Now technically you could dodge or counter it in some way, but its so fast that even if you react in the split of a second your character is never fast enough to avoid getting stuck in the chain. Unless you also are playing a very meta character.
Every game i go into its my team with gears of 2 whites, a max, and a purple vs 3 max gears with a white who all play centurion and gladiator. I like the 4v4 gamemode, but gear levels make it pretty annoying. If they added the same mode without gear levels that would be pretty cool. However even if they did that i feel like these characters really disturb the balance of the game.
The only thing i can say has improved and not degraded like the balance of the game, is probably the connection. Improved is a bit of a weird word to use, more like instead of lagging constantly players just get kicked at all times of the game and no one ever gets rewards, but hey thats better than the whole lobby crash that happens only 40% of the time now instead of 80%. Dedicated servers seem to still be a taboo to ubisoft, and if they did add them well you can see how bad they are if i can confuse them with non dedicated. The community seems pretty bad too, im sure that some people responding to this will be people who go "get good" or "SALT" and honestly im not bothered by it. Its the same people who use these op strats that act like that. Which i get people want to use the most powerful things in a competitive game, but some of their egos get in the way and they think its all skill or something now. Then there are trolls which granted are everywhere, a plague that enjoys the frustration of others and dont see the real misery that is their life.

Gladiator is definitely considered strong among members of the community, but Centurion should be a lot more manageable now with the recent patch. A good number of the community members might be able to help give advice on how best to deal with him, as some of the exits from his combos can be hard to perceive.

As far as the dedicated servers go, the team is still working on preparing the game for the move to the new network architecture. However, we do still have a team that is working on P2P improvements until we make the eventual move to dedicated servers.

Jarl.Felix
10-13-2017, 11:06 PM
In my humble opinion I would say this : don't bet your money on dedicated servers. Time will tell.

Waxfacts
10-14-2017, 03:12 AM
Gladiator is definitely considered strong among members of the community, but Centurion should be a lot more manageable now with the recent patch. A good number of the community members might be able to help give advice on how best to deal with him, as some of the exits from his combos can be hard to perceive.

As far as the dedicated servers go, the team is still working on preparing the game for the move to the new network architecture. However, we do still have a team that is working on P2P improvements until we make the eventual move to dedicated servers.

To be fair, being a returning player the new characters are a bit foreign to me. They seem pretty powerful but i think some of my frustration will be resolved by learning what they are more. However since ive been gone ive heard nothing but praise for ubisoft's efforts to fix this game (and that guy who won the tournament using an exploit and gloated about it) honestly most of the glaring problems that made me leave still remain or were barely improved. Such as connection, and balanced matchmaking. Ignoring all character related problems i have, i still find myself annoyed with things.