PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, Ubisoft.

brashtralas
10-13-2017, 07:44 PM
Get. It. Together.

I give you all every benefit. But, somehow, you manage to make the most basic aspects of the game a little bit more unbearable with every patch. To make matters worse, it seems like you never actually release the patch for Xbox(people still afk whole matches and stay in the game)....

Your most recent patch has seemingly reduced block/dodge capability further by making many attacks so instantaneous that theyíre impossible to react to. Knowing an attack is coming, knowing what it will be, then dodging as soon as the indicators appear and still getting hit is the antithesis of fun. Period.

Please, PLEASE, fix the (timesnap)instantaneous attacks/unblockables/shield bash/pokes/pushes. Your game is swiftly reaching the point where the annoying and infuriating aspects outweigh the innovative entertainment.

UbiJurassic
10-13-2017, 09:52 PM
Get. It. Together.

I give you all every benefit. But, somehow, you manage to make the most basic aspects of the game a little bit more unbearable with every patch. To make matters worse, it seems like you never actually release the patch for Xbox(people still afk whole matches and stay in the game)....

Your most recent patch has seemingly reduced block/dodge capability further by making many attacks so instantaneous that they’re impossible to react to. Knowing an attack is coming, knowing what it will be, then dodging as soon as the indicators appear and still getting hit is the antithesis of fun. Period.

Please, PLEASE, fix the (timesnap)instantaneous attacks/unblockables/shield bash/pokes/pushes. Your game is swiftly reaching the point where the annoying and infuriating aspects outweigh the innovative entertainment.

Even though you see the attack coming and dodge when the indicators initially show, its still very important to consider which direction you dodge in and when you initiate you dodge. Some attacks will still track depending on the direction you dodge. For example, the Gladiator's Skewer will track if you choose to dodge back instead of to the right or left. Timing the dodge correctly is important as well. For example, Kensei's lights tend to come very late into the attack indication, so you would want to slightly delay your dodge or else the lights may track. A lot of this will vary from hero to hero, so it takes a lot of practice to recognize defensive options against certain heroes.

ChampionRuby50g
10-13-2017, 10:59 PM
Since this last patch I've been hit by attacks I know for a fact I shouldn't of been hit by. My guard was to the right, the Centurions second heavy was coming in from this direction and still hits me. My guard indicator was in that direction, I literally looked at my thumb real quick as the attack was coming in (already happened once before to me in the same game) because I wanted to know if my guard was in fact in the right direction, my thumb was hard right on the stick. Still got hit.

brashtralas
10-14-2017, 12:24 AM
Even though you see the attack coming and dodge when the indicators initially show, its still very important to consider which direction you dodge in and when you initiate you dodge. Some attacks will still track depending on the direction you dodge. For example, the Gladiator's Skewer will track if you choose to dodge back instead of to the right or left. Timing the dodge correctly is important as well. For example, Kensei's lights tend to come very late into the attack indication, so you would want to slightly delay your dodge or else the lights may track. A lot of this will vary from hero to hero, so it takes a lot of practice to recognize defensive options against certain heroes.

Wow. So I know youíre trying to be helpful, but Iíve been here since the beta and youíre coming off as patronizing. Itís on your end, not mine. The game is degrading on console, specifically xbox.

And the biggest offender I faced today was the conqueror running shield bash. Which way should I dodge? Doesnít matter. I tried them all. They(yes, they. Iíve seen more conquerors today than ever before) would just back off the fight, get a bit of a run, then slam me without fail.

As I said, I know youíre trying to help, but your equivalent to ďget gudĒ isnít cutting it. You need a console only division.

brashtralas
10-14-2017, 12:26 AM
Since this last patch I've been hit by attacks I know for a fact I shouldn't of been hit by. My guard was to the right, the Centurions second heavy was coming in from this direction and still hits me. My guard indicator was in that direction, I literally looked at my thumb real quick as the attack was coming in (already happened once before to me in the same game) because I wanted to know if my guard was in fact in the right direction, my thumb was hard right on the stick. Still got hit.

Right? I feel like Iím talking to a wall, here. Each subsequent update has reduced the playability of the game.

Antonioj26
10-14-2017, 12:44 AM
Right? I feel like Iím talking to a wall, here. Each subsequent update has reduced the playability of the game.

Time snap removal ruined the game for me. They did it with no sort of feed back from the community or solution for the negative impact it was going to have on the game, and rather than reverting it back they are just telling us to keep waiting, they will eventually come up with the fix but in the meantime please continue to play our broken game

ChampionRuby50g
10-14-2017, 01:06 AM
Right? I feel like I’m talking to a wall, here. Each subsequent update has reduced the playability of the game.

You are completely right. Each patch solves many issues, there's no doubt about that. But its a case of one step forward, two steps back. Each patch has not solved issues that have been around from day one, while making others worse. I still love to play the game though, and it will keep pulling me back in for more.

brashtralas
10-15-2017, 09:15 PM
Time snap removal ruined the game for me. They did it with no sort of feed back from the community or solution for the negative impact it was going to have on the game, and rather than reverting it back they are just telling us to keep waiting, they will eventually come up with the fix but in the meantime please continue to play our broken game

Sadly, Iím such a sucker I will keep playing their broken game. Theyíre lucky they have a very unique and innovative design, becaus everything else is subpar. Iím not trying to be insulting, thatís just how it is.

I still canít figure out how it takes months and months and months of deliberating and testing and debating on how to balance a class(warlord and centurion come to mind), but somehow timesnap is a spur of the moment instantaneous and unanimous decision without testing.

Something is wrong, there.

Add in poor latency for other players, frame rate drop with the new patch, and some assassin light spam, and itís game over.

gj4063
10-15-2017, 11:04 PM

Why was timesnap removed again?

Do you really expect us to memorize animations and when to cgb or dodge vs individual attack animations of every toon?
I don't feel like i needed to do this before timesnap removal. If this is a design goal, it'd be nice to know.

Antonioj26
10-15-2017, 11:07 PM
Why was timesnap removed again?

Do you really expect us to memorize animations and when to cgb or dodge vs individual attack animations of every toon?
I don't feel like i needed to do this before timesnap removal. If this is a design goal, it'd be nice to know.

It's been proven it's not just the indicators so even if you did memorize the animations it wouldn't help