PDA

View Full Version : Unlock Tech Fix Nerfs Kensei.

OnyxCoffee
10-13-2017, 06:29 PM
Ok, I get why they made the changes. Because people would use it to make attacks unparryable if they were sent in the same direction as the opponent. But this is a HARD NERF to Kensei. Kensei's attacks being among the slowest, one of the only safe ways to get to your third hit mixup was through a light attack that your opponent would block, into unlock turn around whiff light, and relock top heavy into mixup. Now, there's literally nothing kensei can do but dash forward light.... thats it. literally. and heavy/gb feint. which isnt even a thing thats kensei exclusive. everyone can do that. so......now that he has to dash forward which is the most obvious thing in the world, he's even MORE open to parries than he was before.

I don't understand why they couldn't simply remove the immunity of parries from unlocked attacks (which shouldn't have been there to begin with) and leave kensei (and potentially anyone else with fast lights) with the option to whiff an attack. It's in EVERY OTHER MAJOR FIGHTING GAME. You have the option to miss an attack on purpose to bait out options. and yet, here it is strictly removed for the sake of fixing something that shouldn't have been a problem to begin with. :confused:

The upcoming Kensei changes better be damn amazing considering he's now even worse, even if just slightly, than before which is a dumb sentence that i shouldn't have to say this far in for honor considering all the stuff thats WAY more busted. Do i sound crazy? I think i make sense but just in case, please let me know why kensei missing an attack and pointing it in a direction that wasn't the same as the opponent (as opposed to the people who abused unlock to make their SAME direction attacks unparryable) which can't be parried anyways because its not towards the opponent, is unfair or too good. Like, you can find the footage of kensei players using this online everywhere. And it's not busted. because it doesn't put them in any better of a position than the opponent. If they feel the need to attack while im whiffing and I turn around with an armored side heavy to punish, thats THEIR problem. Otherwise, the option to roll away from ALL of kensei's heavies upon starting his mixup is still there.

(sigh) it gets worse before it gets better i suppose. unless of course, kensei's somehow nerfed again, when they mean to buff him. I guess i really do have to play someone else. Unusable.

Antonioj26
10-13-2017, 06:35 PM
Yeah they really screwed those who relied on whiffing to the side to get their mixups going which funny enough are the same classes that are already some of the worst in the game (valk, zerk, kensei)

Tyrjo
10-13-2017, 08:22 PM
Ok, I get why they made the changes. Because people would use it to make attacks unparryable if they were sent in the same direction as the opponent. But this is a HARD NERF to Kensei. Kensei's attacks being among the slowest, one of the only safe ways to get to your third hit mixup was through a light attack that your opponent would block, into unlock turn around whiff light, and relock top heavy into mixup. Now, there's literally nothing kensei can do but dash forward light.... thats it. literally. and heavy/gb feint. which isnt even a thing thats kensei exclusive. everyone can do that. so......now that he has to dash forward which is the most obvious thing in the world, he's even MORE open to parries than he was before.

There is nothing slow about Kensei's attacks compared to other heroes. In fact his attacks are pretty much base line overall in terms of speed, with the exception of his lights doing 20-25 damage. No one else has that amount of damage in their light attacks.

Antonioj26
10-13-2017, 08:24 PM
There is nothing slow about Kensei's attacks compared to other heroes. In fact his attacks are pretty much base line overall, with the exception of his lights doing 20-25 damage. No one else has that amount of damage in their light attacks.

What does the damage of his lights have to do with the speed of his lights?

Tyrjo
10-13-2017, 08:31 PM
What does the damage of his lights have to do with the speed of his lights?

I just wanted to bring to his attention the ratio of dmg/speed of the lights.

Antonioj26
10-13-2017, 08:48 PM
I just wanted to bring to his attention the ratio of dmg/speed of the lights.

It's not really relevant if you can never hit anyone with them.