PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den October 12th

CandleInTheDark
10-12-2017, 02:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVCsgdl8P8g

Most people here know my faction so I am not going to ham it up (about run out of ways to in any case). Congrats to the knights, good luck vikings and samurai next season, samurai pushed the last two rounds and vikings could have taken one or both of the first two.

No info dump from Eric, I believe new content is an elite outfit.

Apparently next week is going to be pretty exciting.As for this week, Luc will talk more about the upcoming tournament event, Bio will talk about faction war, there will be a Q&A.

Known issues that they are looking into.

Unlock whiff tech has been removed due to them fixing unlocks. People say the zone is unreliable, some people might need to relearn this (the example Eric gave was some people said they push one button after another, no,you have to hit both together) but they are looking into it to be sure. Matchmaking issues on PC, it affects people who had PTS. Galaxy 5 pattern has been changed and people are unhappy about that so they are looking into that. Out of stamina bar used to blink,it isn't now, next patch it will be fixed. Minions can stagger players which isn't intended. Too much tracking on warlord shield charge, they know about that. Placeholder IDs on some legendary items. Match freezing at the end, they are working on that. Quit penalty when the freeze happens, they are looking at that. Sickle rain is happening to allies, they need to look into if that is intended. They are getting feedback on valkyrie not being able to cancel shieldbash.

Realistic elimination this weekend.

Elite outfits are content of the week.

The captains they named for the dominion tournament last week have built their teams. Some of these are 0.1-3% players in terms of wins,time spent and kills. Keep tabs on forhonorgame on twitter for when matches are taking place.

Faction war update.

Season has gone to the knights,knights had started dead last in territories leading up to the last turns from14 territories in turn 55.In the last turn the knights won all of their contested territories which is very rare. First time the season has been won before the last round. Vikings can still be second by the end of the last round. The vikings and the samurai apparently spent much more of the round attacking each other than the knights. Apparently the volcano territory received over four million assets, 26% more than any other territory. Next time Bio is on, they will talk about updates for the faction war in the new season. Knights will receive rewards at the end of the season as usual as second place is still up for grabs.

Q&A

They will tell us about the Mask slot in outfits next week.

Something slipped through the cracks in the patch notes, the two new heroes have new gear sets which they showed pictures of.

Apparently the guardbreak on stairs fix didn't make it into the alst patch, it will be in the next one.

What are their plans to address current issues in ranked beta? They are working on a new rank as currently there is no incentive once people have reached diamond. People will need to keep fighting to stay in that rank.

None gold weapons coming or not? Yes and no, depending on the character.

They investigated if it was possible to invite friends to open matches, that would take a rework of the system, it is not something they can do easily for the moment.

Duel find new opponent, they don't exclude the last person you fought so there will always be a chance, it is something they are working on but no ETA on that currently.

Flashing out of stamina bar, this will be fixed in the next patch.

Unlock tech, they addressed a lot in the last patch, yes people are finding more, that is an ongoing project. There are some nasty ones still,more prevalent on PC.

They are looking at allowing people to be attackers in bot games, they would need to change how the current match initiation works.

Size of patches, a lot of this is maps and variations, one map is actually a whole different number of maps like with characters and gear. They are working on making patches smaller with the same amount of content and they want to fix it but not yet.

There was a question on incentives for lesser played modes. They have ideas but nothing they can talk about yet. To answer the specific question over more rewards on lesser played modes, they don't think that is a good idea as it is currently balanced for time and it would force people into game modes they don't want to be in.

Creating new fighters is 6-9 months work, maps are 5-6 months.

Community corner.

Next week's show is apparently going to be a fun one, a bunch of surprises. That's it for this one.

RatedChaotic
10-12-2017, 03:20 PM
I wanna hear some stuff about these Red Nat players or more on the Dedicated Servers. Instead of "No ETA YET"..... Anything else wont have much of an impact on me. Unless its that response I'm waiting to hear....If the Faction War is rigged Why would we let the Knights win before it was over? I just have that feeling that is going to be the response instead of going into more detail. More detail than we usually get..... I'll be waiting for it..

FinnOfTheHorde
10-12-2017, 03:55 PM
Did Knights won season? I got new pc so im downloading For Honor... They WON? Rly?

bmason1000
10-12-2017, 04:54 PM
Many thanks to candle, as always. Got a lonnnng shift today, can't wait to get out and see what i missed.

CandleInTheDark
10-12-2017, 05:52 PM
They've gone into community corner, this is usually news light but will keep listening.

TheTKOShow
10-12-2017, 08:33 PM
Last weeks patch has made it very hard to complete games, I'm on Xbox and my best bet is to turn off all effects. Helps a little bit, but not always.
Also I have been in more lagged out games where we are just staring at each other and then I'm dead. Idk if that's me or the other guy or you but it's happening more and more often.
I can't really say if the tweks you guys made are good bc I maybe finished a dozen games this week. I usually do twice that in a night.

lol half of the videos at the end were buggy clips. That says enough on how the last patch was.

felor_metlock
10-13-2017, 01:17 AM
I love you CandleInTheDark for doing these posts ;)

Vakris_One
10-13-2017, 02:56 AM
Did Knights won season? I got new pc so im downloading For Honor... They WON? Rly?
It was their turn to win the round robin gift basket.

PDXGorechild
10-13-2017, 08:36 AM
I'm gonna tattoo my firstborn child's face with candle's name.

DeXZoR
10-13-2017, 11:54 AM
When do the new Highlander and gladiator gear go live ?

RatedChaotic
10-13-2017, 06:53 PM
They need to fire the sound check guy. How ironic the issue was during the Faction War segment. Less time to explain yourselves....I seen what you did there....Epic....We did get a few numbers kinda. "4 million 800 th <mouth noise>. It was alot." and 26% more assets were deployed at the volcano than the surrounding 4 territories.

I'm not a math guru but even I know 4 million assets for 3 platforms on a popular territory is not much when we get roughly hundred for each match. Its enough to prove their 1 million players in july was a rubbish number. If there it was anywhere near that number now. I'm sure it wouldve been higher. Alot higher..I put down over 60k myself...

hmmmmm Funny how one doing the calculating cant hardly see whats on the paper and a number like 4 million is too big of number to say all of it....No wonder the faction war is a mess.

The technical difficulties, the issues with reading the paper, and the reading of the number...seemed odd to me. They wanna say they care deeply about the game and the way its running but when developers act so unprofessional like this...Its hard to take anything they say seriously.

Still stickin to my gut feeling....broken/rigged. Cant wait for the new changes and fixes to it <--- hmmm. Then again it may be so broken it has to be rigged for it to even work. Just look at the rest of the game or the bug videos in the community corners. I've seen the looks they give each other when they notice a bug in those videos. Which are in every Warriors Den. They both look at each other like oh ****..we gotta fix that. It happens every time.

The big news better be dedicated servers are now live....or they can just shove their big news where the sun dont shine. This next Warriors Den will surely be the one that decides whether I keep going...or just find a better game. So sad....and tired of waiting...Just my thoughts

mrmistark
10-15-2017, 10:07 PM
so....nothing too new really. It's always one step forward 2 steps back until about the 3rd time, then bounds forward, just for new content which again puts it into the foraward and back cycle again. I love this game...but man ubi, I'm starting I get tired....

gj4063
10-16-2017, 07:38 PM
Reading that issues list reminds me of the boy who put his finger in the leak in the dam. We don't need bandaids; we need a cure.