PDA

View Full Version : Shinobi is the new 4v4 cancer!!

Vonnivek
10-12-2017, 09:03 AM
Ok I'm talking about dominion.
I can deal with their fast light, or there kick,
or there ranged GB in 1v1 situation,
they are annoying but still I can feel that I'm still playing the game.
But when they gank with others, it's like…wtf
How can you react to their ranged GB or kick when you can't even see them.
You have to pay like 120% attention to avoid there attack, and they only need like 20% attention to do their attack.
Before patch their hp is lower, so they have to be more careful, but now with larger hp pool, they can do whatever they want with little risk.
If you can't kill them when they made a mistake, they can jusy runaway and then harass you when you face their teammate.
Since shinobi has invisible feat, you can hardly notice when they come.
Compare to pk, pk also have invisible feat, but pk's attack range is small, so u can see pk on your screen.
Pk's only ranged attack is jump attack, which is easier to block than to counter GB a shinobi ranged GB.

I just feel like dominion isn't fun anymore when there are shinobi everywhere.
He's like the new cent, really don't like their design.

Charmzzz
10-12-2017, 09:30 AM
I just feel like dominion isn't fun anymore when there are shinobi everywhere.
He's like the new cent, really don't like their design.

Totally agree. Fun fact: Ubi nerfed Centurion's range on his charged heavy Attack because of the "out of screen" possibility. But they buffed Shin who can do this so much better...

PDXGorechild
10-12-2017, 11:28 AM
Don't see how all this has suddenly only just become a problem since they got 20 more HP (Still lowest in the game) and reduced stamina on one or two moves. They've always been a bit of a pain if you're not paying attention to them, but if you single them out they still go down like a sack of sh*t. Keep a Berserker on your team and task him with tying up any Shinobi's running about, I eat them for breakfast.

Charmzzz
10-12-2017, 12:27 PM
Don't see how all this has suddenly only just become a problem since they got 20 more HP (Still lowest in the game) and reduced stamina on one or two moves. They've always been a bit of a pain if you're not paying attention to them, but if you single them out they still go down like a sack of sh*t. Keep a Berserker on your team and task him with tying up any Shinobi's running about, I eat them for breakfast.

Problem is Shinobi now has only 10 HP less than the lowest other Characters in the game, but has superior movement with double dash, backflip and supersprint. This means he can always, literally, leave a fight without any problem. No other Character can do that. Ok, PK can run away, but you can follow her without such a huge gap. The reduced stamina consumption means that a Shinobi can do like 5-6 double dodges. You will never catch a good one unless he does a mistake.

Vonnivek
10-12-2017, 12:32 PM

You do realize 20hp is a lot right?
Warden is 130hp and LB is 150hp, and LB feels much more tank than warden.
Also orochi is 120hp, he is way more fragile than warden although he is only 10hp less than warden.
With 20hp more hp, shinobi can now run in and run out of the battlefield without pressure.

Aarpian
10-12-2017, 01:54 PM
Shinobi is AIDS but Nobushi has always been far more disgusting in 4v4

PDXGorechild
10-12-2017, 02:54 PM
Problem is Shinobi now has only 10 HP less than the lowest other Characters in the game, but has superior movement with double dash, backflip and supersprint. This means he can always, literally, leave a fight without any problem. No other Character can do that. Ok, PK can run away, but you can follow her without such a huge gap. The reduced stamina consumption means that a Shinobi can do like 5-6 double dodges. You will never catch a good one unless he does a mistake.

You do realize 20hp is a lot right?
Warden is 130hp and LB is 150hp, and LB feels much more tank than warden.
Also orochi is 120hp, he is way more fragile than warden although he is only 10hp less than warden.
With 20hp more hp, shinobi can now run in and run out of the battlefield without pressure.

I gotta admit 20hp boost did seem a bit over the top. Giving him 10 more for a nice round 100 seems fairer. Even pre-buff he was capable of double dodging back a couple times and doing a runner. He'll always be able to get away and stay away due to having super sprint, which I agree is stupid. Giving a class in a game like this the ability to run at almost double the speed of other characters doesn't seem fair whichever way you spin it, and i assume will be a nightmare in tribute. It's also always been a problem in elimination, as some cancerous players will pick shinobi and run off getting power up's as soon as the game begins, which nobody can do anything about.

BTTrinity
10-12-2017, 03:30 PM
I hate you guys lmao, Shinobi is fine. If anything they need to add in a ranged guard-break indicator that lets you know when one is coming so you can actually react to it and pull him on his *** while focused on another person, also make it so people recover immediately after someone else hits the target being grabbed & sliced up by the "Sickle Rain" combo. His HP is what kept him from being viable, pre-buff Shinobi you pretty much had to be top tier to be effective with him. If his HP is gonna get nerfed then they should bring it no lower than 100.

I play quite a bit of him (and against for that matter) and hes still not that bad to deal with compared to people like Gladiator, and Warlord, Raider and Lawbringer in 4v4's

SenBotsu893
10-12-2017, 04:13 PM

wow dude im dissappointed in you. arent you a pk main? and you complain about a character that is fast enough to run away? seriously dude?
that is basically pk before shinobi was introduced.

and if you make an enemy run away thats good in dominion. if he wont be able to capture an area that means no points for theire team.
also his double dodge is inferiour to a single dogde the other assasins have if you think about it.
he needs to do 2 dodge inputs for any kind of evade attack while other assasins only need a single dodge input to make the counterattack meaning a bigger timeframe to simply gb him out of his dodge. simple as that. lol you dont even need to gb just throw a heavy into his dodge an hit him becasue the second dodge has like no i frames whatsoever.

furthermore his double dodge costs him stamina. thats right stamina consumption for dodging. NO other assasin in the game has to use up stamina to simply dodge.

so why is a shinobi now a problem if you just have to hit him like 1 more time? serously i feel like you guys immideatley go nuts if a samuria character has some sort of fighting chance in the game. but no one bats an eye about 50/50 and unblockable spam from non samurai characters

Helnekromancer
10-12-2017, 06:20 PM
wow dude im dissappointed in you. arent you a pk main? and you complain about a character that is fast enough to run away? seriously dude?
that is basically pk before shinobi was introduced.

and if you make an enemy run away thats good in dominion. if he wont be able to capture an area that means no points for theire team.
also his double dodge is inferiour to a single dogde the other assasins have if you think about it.
he needs to do 2 dodge inputs for any kind of evade attack while other assasins only need a single dodge input to make the counterattack meaning a bigger timeframe to simply gb him out of his dodge. simple as that. lol you dont even need to gb just throw a heavy into his dodge an hit him becasue the second dodge has like no i frames whatsoever.

furthermore his double dodge costs him stamina. thats right stamina consumption for dodging. NO other assasin in the game has to use up stamina to simply dodge.

so why is a shinobi now a problem if you just have to hit him like 1 more time? serously i feel like you guys immideatley go nuts if a samuria character has some sort of fighting chance in the game. but no one bats an eye about 50/50 and unblockable spam from non samurai characters

Is this really a problem? These squishy guys who feats are only good at killing, who can't heal unless attacking, who takes a little bit extra to kill? I still have no problem with them, aslong as I know they are there they serve no threat, hell you can use minions to block the Shinobi's long range attacks and if you are fighting 2 be prepared to counter guardbreak alot. This caught be surprise once before they got buffed, 2 Shinobis made my Nobushi look silly but after that it never happened again because I don't like making the same mistake twice, and putting your gear towards debuff resistance lessens their bleed dmg.

These guys are no where near on the level of chain kicking, sword pinning, double leaping cents. No its little ninjas trying to gb you.

BTTrinity
10-12-2017, 09:28 PM
Coming from someone whos played LOTS of Shinobi, the only things they should do to him are:

-Add in indicators that point out when, and from which directions ranged attacks are coming from

-Make it so the target being grabbed & sliced up by the "Sickle Rain" combo recovers instantly after being hit by someone else OTHER THAN THE SHINOBI THATS GRABBING HIM, making him far less powerful in a gank situation.

-MAYBE decrease HP to 100

Seriously though, it does seem like when the Samurai has a strong character the community goes absolutely nuts, but when the other two factions get buffed everythings fine.

Charmzzz
10-12-2017, 09:59 PM
Coming from someone whos played LOTS of Shinobi, the only things they should do to him are:

-Add in indicators that point out when, and from which directions ranged attacks are coming from

-Make it so the target being grabbed & sliced up by the "Sickle Rain" combo recovers instantly after being hit by someone else OTHER THAN THE SHINOBI THATS GRABBING HIM, making him far less powerful in a gank situation.

Seriously though, it does seem like when the Samurai has a strong character the community goes absolutely nuts, but when the other two factions get buffed everythings fine.

Your changes are good. But seriously only Samurai get hate? What about Warden and PK? Raider Stampede? Centurion? Yeah I know, all got more buffs than nerfs... *sarcasm off*

PDXGorechild
10-13-2017, 08:23 AM

These would actually be good changes @ubi!

Dunno why all the Samurai have a chip on their shoulder about this. Warlord and Centurion have been the hottest topic in terms of balance for the past 5 months...

tumenergia
10-13-2017, 09:38 PM
If shinobi is getting nerfed it would ruin him. IF the want to make a change they should make it so that 4v4 with shinobi is less effective.

Maybe indeed only allow sickle rain if YOU perform the GB or whatever. Don't nerf Shinobi please..