PDA

View Full Version : Dominion is now just a stupid "running" game

We.the.North
10-12-2017, 03:25 AM
Lawbringers, Raiders and Warlords everywhere. All they do is run and poke/bash/grab. Repeat.

This is especially toxic when you are in 1v1 or even 1v2 and then bam, they come straight at you like a homing missile and there's little you can do. When your focus is on someone else, even the ******ed LB poke lands most of the time.

Nerf those ******ed running attacks already. The dominion game mode is becoming more and more toxic with every seasons. Tribute is going to be a Lawbringer gank fest.

Antonioj26
10-12-2017, 04:30 AM
They were made even better with this last patch. In their attempt to remove unlock tech they've made it so these attacks snap right on their target, every patch means more problems

We.the.North
10-12-2017, 04:48 AM
It wouldn't be such a problem if it didn't garantee so much damage. Warlord either instant kil you by environment or wallsplat into a heavy ; Raider knee and light you, then you're stuck in his vortex of unblockable / stunning tap ; dont even ****in get me started on lawbringer taking half your hp from a single poke + wall splat.

I run with premade groups quite often and we also run into some premades. By now, we can identify before the game even begins who's playing "cancerous". Teams with multiple of those three "running attack" characters are common in these cancerous premade groups.

Ubisoft should REALLY identify this problem QUICKLY before they implemend ranked 4v4, otherwise, the next tournament will also be a stupid joke with characters just running circle and spamming running attacks.

Antonioj26
10-12-2017, 04:59 AM
It wouldn't be such a problem if it didn't garantee so much damage. Warlord either instant kil you by environment or wallsplat into a heavy ; Raider knee and light you, then you're stuck in his vortex of unblockable / stunning tap ; dont even ****in get me started on lawbringer taking half your hp from a single poke + wall splat.

I run with premade groups quite often and we also run into some premades. By now, we can identify before the game even begins who's playing "cancerous". Teams with multiple of those three "running attack" characters are common in these cancerous premade groups.

Ubisoft should REALLY identify this problem QUICKLY before they implemend ranked 4v4, otherwise, the next tournament will also be a stupid joke with characters just running circle and spamming running attacks.

Yeah its lame but stop exaggerting, Lawbringers 50 damage isn't half your life and Raider doesn't have a vortex. You had a point, don't dilute it with false info.

Charmzzz
10-12-2017, 08:37 AM
Yeah its lame but stop exaggerting, Lawbringers 50 damage isn't half your life and Raider doesn't have a vortex. You had a point, don't dilute it with false info.

LB: Impale 15 - Wall Stagger (or instant death...) into Heavy for 30 Damage - Shove into Light for 15 Damage? That would be 60 Damage. Ok, the last Light is dodgeable, but come on, you know it is not that easy to do because LB can mixup into GB or side Heavy.

And that Raider "Vortex" is really hard to counter, at least for me. Stunned into endless UB Heavy parry bait / stunning tap / heavy getting through. You cannot see the indicator when stunned, so you have to rely on the animation or dodge (for a free GB if the Raider decided to feint the UB into GB)...

Both of those running moves are, by faaar, the best in the game. They encourage cheesy play. They frustrate the most. There is mostly "nothing" you can do when you are involved in a 1vX. Same for Shinobi ranged GB. I can block his Attacks, maybe evade his Kick because I hear it from behind, but that GB? Almost impossible to see when I am concentrating on the other guy. Also that running knockdown from Shinobi...

PDXGorechild
10-12-2017, 10:48 AM
Played against a premade in Dominion the other night. Raider, Lawbringer, Centurion and Warlord. Hanging around in a gank squad of 4 constantly of course, and unfortunately I was with a group of noobs who hadn't the foggiest how to deal with it. If the raider or lawbringer weren't running you into a wall for an insta-death gank, the warlord would throw you off a ledge or the centurion would pin you down whilst the others stood round and circle jerked over you. Even playing Zerker with some superior dodging skills I couldn't stay on my feet long enough to lay into someone.

Not a lot of fun.

S.J.Lannister
10-12-2017, 11:32 AM
Lawbringers, Raiders and Warlords everywhere. All they do is run and poke/bash/grab. Repeat.

This is especially toxic when you are in 1v1 or even 1v2 and then bam, they come straight at you like a homing missile and there's little you can do. When your focus is on someone else, even the ******ed LB poke lands most of the time.

Nerf those ******ed running attacks already. The dominion game mode is becoming more and more toxic with every seasons. Tribute is going to be a Lawbringer gank fest.

We've had Brawl - No revenge Event, what about Dominion - No Lawbringer, Raider, Warlord, Centurion, Shinobi, Peacekeeper, Gladiator event?

It's not that bad, you probably run into premade team ;) Which isn't happenning often ;)

Antonioj26
10-12-2017, 12:07 PM
LB: Impale 15 - Wall Stagger (or instant death...) into Heavy for 30 Damage - Shove into Light for 15 Damage? That would be 60 Damage. Ok, the last Light is dodgeable, but come on, you know it is not that easy to do because LB can mixup into GB or side Heavy.

And that Raider "Vortex" is really hard to counter, at least for me. Stunned into endless UB Heavy parry bait / stunning tap / heavy getting through. You cannot see the indicator when stunned, so you have to rely on the animation or dodge (for a free GB if the Raider decided to feint the UB into GB)...

Both of those running moves are, by faaar, the best in the game. They encourage cheesy play. They frustrate the most. There is mostly "nothing" you can do when you are involved in a 1vX. Same for Shinobi ranged GB. I can block his Attacks, maybe evade his Kick because I hear it from behind, but that GB? Almost impossible to see when I am concentrating on the other guy. Also that running knockdown from Shinobi...

Raiders maybe up there with the one of the best moves in the game but not LBs. You can completely neutralize it by having your guard to the left when you see a 7ft, 300lb man running towards you.

I get that it's difficult to counter raiders mixup but it's not a vortex. If he follows through with the zone then the mixup is over, vortex implies it will go forever until you defend correctly.

Charmzzz
10-12-2017, 12:24 PM
Raiders maybe up there with the one of the best moves in the game but not LBs. You can completely neutralize it by having your guard to the left when you see a 7ft, 300lb man running towards you.

I get that it's difficult to counter raiders mixup but it's not a vortex. If he follows through with the zone then the mixup is over, vortex implies it will go forever until you defend correctly.

"Completely neutralize" a 7ft 300lb man running at you FROM BEHIND. Yeah sure buddy, you can completely negate that 100%... You know that the Impale indicator is 300ms? I can defend vs a PK attacking from the side with 400ms attacks because I CAN SEE HER. But not vs a running guy from behind / the side on which I cannot even lock on until he impaled me already into insta-death or wall stagger. Btw. the Gladiator Reflex Guard is totally useless against that Impale BS because it lasts so short...

I know that Raider does not have a real Vortex, still he has one of the best mixups in the game (at the moment) to force a reaction from the opponent.

Antonioj26
10-12-2017, 12:54 PM
"Completely neutralize" a 7ft 300lb man running at you FROM BEHIND. Yeah sure buddy, you can completely negate that 100%... You know that the Impale indicator is 300ms? I can defend vs a PK attacking from the side with 400ms attacks because I CAN SEE HER. But not vs a running guy from behind / the side on which I cannot even lock on until he impaled me already into insta-death or wall stagger. Btw. the Gladiator Reflex Guard is totally useless against that Impale BS because it lasts so short...

I know that Raider does not have a real Vortex, still he has one of the best mixups in the game (at the moment) to force a reaction from the opponent.

Yeah its difficult for glad, but thats one of his downsides. His defense sucks while having an amazing offense who knew that you couldn't have it all? Not 100% of the time but yeah you can definitely negate it a huge chunk of the time. It doesn't really matter if the indicator is only 300ms when the real indicator is a man giant is jogging towards you. Its even better when they are running from the side, why are you trying to change lock?

Glad you can agree that he doesnt have a vortex because thats all I said, I didn't make a claim regarding how weak or strong his mixup was.

Dude_of_Valor
10-12-2017, 12:58 PM
Hasn't Dominion always been like this? Surely you need to go for the quickest way to kill be it cheese or more cheese?

SenBotsu893
10-12-2017, 01:51 PM
Hasn't Dominion always been like this? Surely you need to go for the quickest way to kill be it cheese or more cheese?

see thats the difference between people.

some only go for the easy cheese and they get rewarded for doing so score wise.

but where is the satisfaction of ledging someone down? whenever i win a 1 v X gank thats when i get satifaction from the game becasue these are the moments you feel like actually you outplayed your opponents. if i were to ledge everyone who comes across then whats the point of playing a melee focused action game?

thats why i would welcome the duel map changes to dominion mode as well. less ledge cheesing.
i avoid fighting on C point on Overwatch and High Fort because it is just an breeding ground for Lawbringers, Warlords and Raiders.

RatedChaotic
10-12-2017, 02:03 PM
People enjoy different modes. I personally dont like Dominion or Skirmish. Theres too much running around for my taste. Its why I mostly play duel and brawl modes with a little of elimination thrown in just for a mixture.

We.the.North
10-12-2017, 10:39 PM

It's Dominion. So you can add +20% damage (defense penetration completely negates defense). In other words, it's not 60 damage, it's 72. Remove the "unguaranteed light" that can become a guardbreak and such, you're still looking at 59 damage. But realisticaly, since the light sometime lands and since sometime the guardbreak lands, we could pretty safely say there "on average" 5-10 damage coming after the heavy + shove. Putting the average damage around and poke to 65 ish.

If you are not a Warlord or Shugoki, that's more than 50% your hp gone in a single poke. That's beyond cancerous.

Antonioj26
10-12-2017, 10:44 PM
It's Dominion. So you can add +20% damage (defense penetration completely negates defense). In other words, it's not 60 damage, it's 72. Remove the "unguaranteed light" that can become a guardbreak and such, you're still looking at 59 damage. But realisticaly, since the light sometime lands and since sometime the guardbreak lands, we could pretty safely say there "on average" 5-10 damage coming after the heavy + shove. Putting the average damage around and poke to 65 ish.

If you are not a Warlord or Shugoki, that's more than 50% your hp gone in a single poke. That's beyond cancerous.

If you're just going to assume he's always got max stats then sure.... fine lol.

ChampionRuby50g
10-12-2017, 11:26 PM
LB's poke has also got a major downside though. If you parry it, that's all his stamina gone. Block it and it's still 75% stamina gone at least. If he gets you on the end and runs the distance he only has enough stamina to do 1 combo, regardless if it's on a wall or not.

I would say when you are on the end of a LB poke if you get hit by any other enemy you get taken off the end of his poleaxe and the fight returns to neutral.

Archeun
10-12-2017, 11:41 PM
This game had real potential.