PDA

View Full Version : Okay like Ubijurassic said here is some feedback i would like to have a look at

EyyupY95
10-11-2017, 10:20 PM
So the light spam really does need to be looked at on CONSOLE! Not pc but console because its impossible to react to light spam

UbiJurassic
10-11-2017, 10:25 PM
I'll get this noted down for the team. :)

There's been a lot of feedback on this from players for quite some time. Many players also attribute the quick attack speeds to the removal of time snap. The team is looking into several ways to boost up the attack indication speeds so players can see the direction of an attack as soon as possible.

EyyupY95
10-11-2017, 10:30 PM
I'll get this noted down for the team. :)

There's been a lot of feedback on this from players for quite some time. Many players also attribute the quick attack speeds to the removal of time snap. The team is looking into several ways to boost up the attack indication speeds so players can see the direction of an attack as soon as possible.

Thank you i appreciate it and sorry for the inappropiate language i used earlier it was just frustation

Antonioj26
10-11-2017, 11:00 PM
Thank you i appreciate it and sorry for the inappropiate language i used earlier it was just frustation

They already did do something that helped a ton when the game first came out. It was called timesnap, but they removed it for seemingly no reason without testing it's effects on the pts or getting feedback from the community. Once they got feedback they just said they'll explain what it was but won't be bringing it back and have yet to find a good substitute. Still haven't seen any tangible benefits to its removal but I've seen plenty of negatives.

UbiJurassic
10-12-2017, 12:32 AM
They already did do something that helped a ton when the game first came out. It was called timesnap, but they removed it for seemingly no reason without testing it's effects on the pts or getting feedback from the community. Once they got feedback they just said they'll explain what it was but won't be bringing it back and have yet to find a good substitute. Still haven't seen any tangible benefits to its removal but I've seen plenty of negatives.

The reason for it's removal was because it was an older system made during development that, even months before release, had many exceptions programmed into its framework (meaning that there were times where the fight system didn't use it). In order to make sure that player actions happened as fast as they were input, they disabled it. While we don't plan on bringing it back, the team is working to make sure that players are seeing the inputs of their opponents as soon as possible.

gj4063
10-12-2017, 02:01 AM
The reason for it's removal was because it was an older system made during development that, even months before release, had many exceptions programmed into its framework (meaning that there were times where the fight system didn't use it). In order to make sure that player actions happened as fast as they were input, they disabled it. While we don't plan on bringing it back, the team is working to make sure that players are seeing the inputs of their opponents as soon as possible.

And I understand that you need to data mine the live servers for the effects of the continual related changes being implemented, in order to know how to continual improve the related things. Unfortunate but understandable.

gj4063
10-12-2017, 02:03 AM
Will we see a divergence of the programming between pc and console? It seems like it's necessary.

Antonioj26
10-12-2017, 02:14 AM
Will we see a divergence of the programming between pc and console? It seems like it's necessary.

They've said no hundreds of thousands of times regardless of how necessary it is for the health of both communities

Antonioj26
10-12-2017, 02:20 AM

I really don't know much about programming but from a standpoint of practicality wouldn't it have made more sense to find a subsitute for timesnap first to replace it rather than removing it all together? Things are noticeably worse than before where we at seeing 500ms lights coming out are 370ms. Combine that with display lag, human reflexes, guard switch delay, and the terrible input lag on consoles and you can hardly react to them.