PDA

View Full Version : Add sound when reicive an error when you queue.

Al3thia
10-11-2017, 09:44 PM
For the love of God please do add a sound when you reicive and error while queue-ing.I am an fortunate red NAT user who cannot change this( provider keep blocking them ports even I open them).Anyway please do add a sound ,so the 15 min I wait till I get a game on I can relax on desktop.(otherwise the error occure and if I do not alt tab I don't see i have to re -queue).I am sure I am not the only one in this position.

DoctorMcBatman
10-11-2017, 09:56 PM
I agree with this. I'll load up FH and press "Find game" (or whatever the exact wording is), and leave the screen to do something small like brush my teeth, read the news, etc.. It's annoying to come back to see "Could not join game" or "Matchmaking failed."

A simple beep or two to notify that matchmaking has failed would be good. Perhaps make the setting toggleable for those who aren't interested in this.

It would be one thing if loading and matchmaking were quick, but they aren't. So I think an audio notification when they fail is appropriate.

UbiJurassic
10-11-2017, 10:01 PM
A great suggestion! I'll note it down and send it along to the team. A sound and flashing icon was added for when games are found, so it's plausible that we might be able to do the same for errors that occur during matchmaking.

DoctorMcBatman
10-11-2017, 10:02 PM
For the love of God please do add a sound when you reicive and error while queue-ing.I am an fortunate red NAT user who cannot change this( provider keep blocking them ports even I open them).Anyway please do add a sound ,so the 15 min I wait till I get a game on I can relax on desktop.(otherwise the error occure and if I do not alt tab I don't see i have to re -queue).I am sure I am not the only one in this position.

Actually now that I think about it, would a sound notification still work if the game is minimized? I don't think so.

Al3thia
10-12-2017, 11:56 AM
Actually now that I think about it, would a sound notification still work if the game is minimized? I don't think so.It will work with sound too if you use Bordless Window mode on display.
But the flash on icon is even better, or both :)

S.J.Lannister
10-12-2017, 12:17 PM

Yes, what about matchmaking sound effect with error sound effect with it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDiYHmkDJck

uglyface87
10-12-2017, 01:16 PM
I am an fortunate red NAT user who cannot change this( provider keep blocking them ports even I open them).

Did you try with real private static Ip address, not the local one who provider gives you?!? Give some extra money to your local provider for that extra and your NAT type will be GREEN. I was with changing NAT type red, yellow. After i pay for real static ip, not the local one who provider give me for free, my NAT type go to Green. Its other think if your internet is too slow.

RatedChaotic
10-12-2017, 02:22 PM
Dont you mean an unfortunate red nat user. I cant stand being vs red nat players. I would be on the phone with your ISP and give them a what for buddy. Thats bs on their part. They should help with that. I would do a 3way phone call with your ISP and Ubisofts Support team and let them go at it. I did it once with Alienware and the GuildWars 2 support. It was hilarious hearing Alienware school them. Guild Wars support hung up. The issue was fixed in a day or so....Dont give up.

VaynahAxeMurdah
10-12-2017, 04:32 PM
Even better than adding a sound for the error, would be for the system to automatically search for a new match.

DoctorMcBatman
10-12-2017, 04:46 PM
Even better than adding a sound for the error, would be for the system to automatically search for a new match.

Agreed. But this would be problematic with the "Matchmaking is not ready" infinite bug.

Al3thia
10-12-2017, 08:31 PM
Did you try with real private static Ip address, not the local one who provider gives you?!? Give some extra money to your local provider for that extra and your NAT type will be GREEN. I was with changing NAT type red, yellow. After i pay for real static ip, not the local one who provider give me for free, my NAT type go to Green. Its other think if your internet is too slow.
I have 1 giga fiber link so speed is not the issue.

Al3thia
10-12-2017, 08:42 PM
Dont you mean an unfortunate red nat user. I cant stand being vs red nat players. I would be on the phone with your ISP and give them a what for buddy. Thats bs on their part. They should help with that. I would do a 3way phone call with your ISP and Ubisofts Support team and let them go at it. I did it once with Alienware and the GuildWars 2 support. It was hilarious hearing Alienware school them. Guild Wars support hung up. The issue was fixed in a day or so....Dont give up.
I was ironic with fortunate.Great advices man I did sent emails tonight and follow what you just said.Maybe somethign will come out of it.Thanks a ton.

DoctorMcBatman
10-12-2017, 08:43 PM
I have 1 giga fiber link so speed is not the issue.

I read that connection speed is not the only determining factor in the quality of one's NAT. I have no supportive evidence, but I recall reading this. If anyone is expert, please chime in because I'm curious about it as well.

Al3thia
10-12-2017, 08:43 PM
A great suggestion! I'll note it down and send it along to the team. A sound and flashing icon was added for when games are found, so it's plausible that we might be able to do the same for errors that occur during matchmaking.
Thank you UbiJurassic , if those make it in game I am more then sure that alot of people will thank you for it.