PDA

View Full Version : Knights win!!!

berserker7331
10-11-2017, 12:41 PM
Deus Vult!!!

thornh
10-11-2017, 12:47 PM
And you are amazed and happy because you didn't know the Knights were going to win this round? Everybody knew since mid season 1 the Knights were going to win this round.

Congrats should go to Ubisoft for the amazing "luck" that every faction has now won a season of faction war and that it perfectly aligned with their DLC plans. Congrats Ubisoft, it amazes everyone how that worked out.

Now that all the leaks have stopped about upcoming content Season 4 will be the first season where things will be a mystery.

vgrimr_J
10-11-2017, 12:48 PM
sad thing its that the reward is going to be dull and boring well atleast its still nice to win and get free stuff .

Kievanson
10-11-2017, 12:49 PM
Goog, good.
But seriously, did anyone really think that we would lose? Obviously faction war is rigged. All the evidence points to it.
Anyway, Deus Vult!)

DrinkinMehStella
10-11-2017, 01:10 PM
I said from the start it was rigged and that each faction will win once, which isn't that much of a big deal, everyone gets to share the glory now. Dues vult

thornh
10-11-2017, 02:40 PM
I said from the start it was rigged and that each faction will win once, which isn't that much of a big deal, everyone gets to share the glory now. Dues vult

I agree BUT, and this is coming from a Viking since closed beta, they haven't made it fair because the rewards have been different each season. I have complained about faction war quite a bit but we Vikings got great rewards at the end of Season 1. It should have been an equal payout all three seasons. It should have been a single, unique ornament and shield outline, loot boxes AND steel. Loot boxes are meh because you mostly wind up getting stuff you already have. I would like steel so I can get things I want. But this goes against Ubi's micro transaction model and I doubt we'll ever see it.

RatedChaotic
10-11-2017, 03:05 PM
I thought it would be Sam or Vik this round and we would take the last round. Maybe they thought that would be too obvious.

I can hear their response already.....If its rigged why would we have the knights win before the last round?.........Easy. Its called reverse psychology.

^^^^^^

I'll be waiting to hear this on the next Warriors Den..

Malyngo
10-11-2017, 03:15 PM
Probably it is just that at the times I logged in the Vikings had the upper hand, but I really would have thought that Vikings would win this round.

Most of the time when I logged in, they had the upper hand, and Samurai were in second place.

SenBotsu893
10-11-2017, 03:43 PM
lol im glad everyone is becomming aware that the playerbase has no influence on the outcome of the faction war.

i still wouldnt say it is rigged(simply becasue Ubisoft wouldnt pay someone for such an miniscual task) but its obvious that in each seson some faction has some unnatural force. you can almost feel how the faction war system favours specific factions each season.

if anything the formula gouverning the distribution of war assets is pushed into the favour of some faction more than others.

RatedChaotic
10-11-2017, 03:51 PM
lol im glad everyone is becomming aware that the playerbase has no influence on the outcome of the faction war.

i still wouldnt say it is rigged(simply becasue Ubisoft wouldnt pay someone for such an miniscual task) but its obvious that in each seson some faction has some unnatural force. you can almost feel how the faction war system favours specific factions each season.

if anything the formula gouverning the distribution of war assets is pushed into the favour of some faction more than others.

Fancy way of saying...... rigged.

Charmzzz
10-11-2017, 03:57 PM
What? Knights win? Yesterday evening we were at ~15 territories, Vikings had 40+. I believed the faction war was not rigged until now...

SenBotsu893
10-11-2017, 04:03 PM
Fancy way of saying...... rigged.

hmm lol i didnt want it to come across like that XD.

i guess what i wanted to say with it is that it might actaully be unintentional.(well even i have my doubts)

like they saw in season 1: okey this faction has the fewest players but the granted bonus made them win the season, so its cleraly to strong of a bonus.

so lets refine that system with some more variables for season 2: huh somehow that faction that dominated seson 1 doesnt get any terriotorys anymore, gues we have to tinker some more...

Seson 3: hey lets add some more territories and more variables so we have even less idea how it will effect the faction war system.

and like that it goes on and on. and who knows what exactly any of the faction war modifiers and numbers are besides the devs themselfs.

at any rate i agree with everyone that the playerbase has little to no influence of the outcome. if nobody would play then the territories would bounce back and forth regardless.

Helnekromancer
10-11-2017, 05:06 PM
Well everyone get's there Season win before season 4 so no one can complain their faction is crap. Only problem is, why are we playing the 5th round even though Knights already won? Now they are adding 15 more days to the already soon to come Pre-season. At this point whomever wins the Faction War have little importance, my only issue is what they will change in season 4 so that every player isn't just a lag switching turtle in tournaments and make a lvl 3 Player vs AI mode so that I can finally enjoy the game again. Playing against people suck now. :D

Jarl.Felix
10-11-2017, 06:06 PM
They are so patethic in their desperate need to keep us playing this game that they even started to rigg the faction wars. wtf :))

UbiJurassic
10-11-2017, 06:28 PM
My Knights finally pulled through! I'm so proud we were able to stop making memes long enough to win a season.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/xT5LMYpSRSLATiXyY8/giphy.gif

CandleInTheDark
10-11-2017, 06:39 PM
What? Knights win? Yesterday evening we were at ~15 territories, Vikings had 40+. I believed the faction war was not rigged until now...

That kind of swing regularly happens last few turns, Samurai were up similar last round and only just held on, vikings were round two and didn't hold it,knights were round one and only just held the lead. Last round of the last season, again, knights held that kind of lead and lost it all. I was quietly confident that as long as we didn't get isolated from a bunch of our eastern territories which was a risk last night we would be in the running.

i guess what i wanted to say with it is that it might actaully be unintentional.(well even i have my doubts)

like they saw in season 1: okey this faction has the fewest players but the granted bonus made them win the season, so its cleraly to strong of a bonus.

so lets refine that system with some more variables for season 2: huh somehow that faction that dominated seson 1 doesnt get any terriotorys anymore, gues we have to tinker some more...

Seson 3: hey lets add some more territories and more variables so we have even less idea how it will effect the faction war system.

and like that it goes on and on. and who knows what exactly any of the faction war modifiers and numbers are besides the devs themselfs.

at any rate i agree with everyone that the playerbase has little to no influence of the outcome. if nobody would play then the territories would bounce back and forth regardless.

They were always going to add territories so that wasn't a part of it, the rest sounds feasible. I honestlydon't think it is rigged but they did themselves no favours when they made the result of season one part of the narrative of recruiting new characters who were coming then in any case and it has managed to bear out to that pattern.

I think there needs to be more communication all in all.One player might not have much affect by themselves, but I joined a group at the start of this season and I have seen 10% deficits melt away within half an hour because they were the territory that was being focussed on. I had one suggestion a while back of having the option to see where the war banners of your own faction have been placed in terms of percentage. That, along with Bio's explanation that factions contesting more territories will have a wider spread if roughly equal numbers among the factions are not manually deploying, firmed up my own belief which I have always had that it is legit, flawed I can't argue with but I don't think rigged.

RatedChaotic
10-11-2017, 06:58 PM

Usually games will display how things are calculated. Whether it be damage numbers, loot drop percentages. Also games with faction war themes, theres guides and other things put out by developers showing the calculations that determines who wins or who loses, who advances who doesnt in great detail. Multiple games have had players help in making better formulas and equations than what the development teams have came up with...BUT....

For some reason those Faction War equations and most of the math is hidden from us here. Why is it? if its not manipulated in someway... We only know little parts. Now if I seen the math and the forum math gurus crunch the numbers and many of them have proof in the math....I'll believe its not rigged/manipulated. I'll stick to my gut feeling til then.

CandleInTheDark
10-11-2017, 07:05 PM
Now if I seen the math and the forum math gurus crunch the numbers and many of them have proof in the math....I'll believe its not rigged/manipulated.

That is what I think they need to do. Get someone who would know what they are looking at, have them sign any needed NDA except for the topic of do the numbers add up. I think it wouldn't convince everyone but some is better than none.

RatedChaotic
10-11-2017, 07:23 PM
That is what I think they need to do. Get someone who would know what they are looking at, have them sign any needed NDA except for the topic of do the numbers add up. I think it wouldn't convince everyone but some is better than none.

Ya that shouldve been done as soon as the conspiracy started or before it even did....But instead they poke fun at it like its no big deal or even a serious matter. If I was BIO I wouldve squashed these claims at the first one. But they added more fuel by just laughing it off as a conspiracy. Wrong thing to do with gamers. Squashing them works better.

For some people the faction war is a big deal. It brings alittle flavor than just winning and losing matches. It creates a larger picture than just the maps we fight on.

Why not just Eliminate the doubts and publicly post the equations with all the numbers and how the faction war is figured and put this to rest.

seaners95
10-11-2017, 08:16 PM
Sooooo if season 3 is over then why don't they just end it and we go into off season, nobody's going to give a **** about placing assets anymore so what are they waiting for. just take us into off season and start giving us sneak peaks into next season.

i know we're going to have to wait for it either way, it'd be nice to have some extended insight though with every warriors den. that'd put at at least, what, 4 dens until then?

Gray360UK
10-11-2017, 09:05 PM
Well, well ... I have been keeping an eye on the results of the Faction war from the shadows, and look at this ... as predicted long, long ago by many people, and despite Knights being at an all time low as far as territories are concerned very late last night with just hours to go ... that aside ...

DEUS VULT!

https://i.imgsafe.org/e7/e78a8e7079.png

(been wanting to post that picture for soooo long, lol)

Eat it Samurai, and eat it Vikings too ;)

(I did play 2 games last night, so I did help. The win was probably entirely thanks to me in fact).

Tyler-Durdin
10-11-2017, 09:07 PM
So much effort in winning a rigged mini game :P

CandleInTheDark
10-11-2017, 09:26 PM
Well, well ... I have been keeping an eye on the results of the Faction war from the shadows, and look at this ... as predicted long, long ago by many people, and despite Knights being at an all time low as far as territories are concerned very late last night with just hours to go ... that aside ...

DEUS VULT!

https://i.imgsafe.org/e7/e78a8e7079.png

(been wanting to post that picture for soooo long, lol)

Eat it Samurai, and eat it Vikings too ;)

(I did play 2 games last night, so I did help. The win was probably entirely thanks to me in fact).

Well hai there Gray, probably entirely was down to you, yes ;)

frewbear
10-12-2017, 12:30 AM
It was entirely down to Ubisoft, from the beginning. Just a ****ty attempt at keeping people interested. Don't believe for a second players impact the outcome.