PDA

View Full Version : revert warlords headbutt back to pre 1.14.1

SenBotsu893
10-11-2017, 12:39 PM
why did they thought they had make it unpunishable again?

it now is the same cheesy free damage move again.

he already has such a good set up why the need for such a cheap attack?

Antonioj26
10-11-2017, 01:49 PM
why did they thought they had make it unpunishable again?

it now is the same cheesy free damage move again.

he already has such a good set up why the need for such a cheap attack?

They completely neutered it before, that being said they could have found some middle ground between the nerf and where it is now.

vgrimr_J
10-11-2017, 02:41 PM
slow it down asap with that speed with free damage needs to be punishable if missed . i doubt tho looks like they have taken a liking in ledge lord and dont want to make him on bar with other ones

FredEx919
10-11-2017, 03:01 PM
I'll be looking to send over any feedback regarding recent balance changes to the devs so more thoughts on this are always welcome. That said, we did feel like this needed to be readjusted and so we made some additional changes to keep him on par with other characters.

Tyrjo
10-11-2017, 03:56 PM
slow it down asap with that speed with free damage needs to be punishable if missed.

It is punishable with a GB if missed.

It's fine the way it is. WL got so many nerfs in almost every department, it was a good choice to restore it.

SenBotsu893
10-11-2017, 04:11 PM
It is punishable with a GB if missed.

It's fine the way it is. WL got so many nerfs in almost every department, it was a good choice to restore it.

its not fine in any way. its any easy, save and almost guaranteed way to get damage into an enemy.
furthermore what i noticed if the headbutt is used after a heavy hit, then the enemy is still in his stagger animation and will get hit by the headbutt.

thats centurion jab all over again.

Antonioj26
10-11-2017, 04:18 PM
its not fine in any way. its any easy, save and almost guaranteed way to get damage into an enemy.
furthermore what i noticed if the headbutt is used after a heavy hit, then the enemy is still in his stagger animation and will get hit by the headbutt.

thats centurion jab all over again.

Now why would you go and lie about something like that? Is there anything you won't complain about in this game?

SenBotsu893
10-11-2017, 04:47 PM
Now why would you go and lie about something like that? Is there anything you won't complain about in this game?

the guaranteed uncharged jab after a cent heavy finisher was an thing. thats why they had to put in the 100 ms delay.
if anyone was lying then the centurion mains with the :"just dodge its easy" statement.

im worried that the same is happening with warlord now. the fast ub moves are a delicate topic.

Antonioj26
10-11-2017, 04:48 PM
the guaranteed uncharged jab after a cent heavy finisher was an thing. thats why they had to put in the 100 ms delay.
if anyone was lying then the centurion mains with the :"just dodge its easy" statement.

im worried that the same is happening with warlord now. the fast ub moves are a delicate topic.

I didn't say it wasn't I'm talking about the warlord thing.

SenBotsu893
10-11-2017, 04:53 PM
I didn't say it wasn't I'm talking about the warlord thing.

if you say the stagger isnt long enough for the followup headbutt then ill take your word for it.
its just that i have noticed it to hit even though i hammered the dodge button, who knows maybe latency wasnt in my favour.

regardless the fast headbutt in it self is still such an easy way of gettin free damage without risking much.

Antonioj26
10-11-2017, 04:59 PM
if you say the stagger isnt long enough for the followup headbutt then ill take your word for it.
its just that i have noticed it to hit even though i hammered the dodge button, who knows maybe latency wasnt in my favour.

regardless the fast headbutt in it self is still such an easy way of gettin free damage without risking much.

Agreed it is fast and fairly safe but it doesn't need to go back to where it was. Somewhere inbetween maybe but it became way too slow and easy to dodge.

gj4063
10-11-2017, 06:25 PM
They just need to minimize the unblockables, guaranteeds, and stamina drains with future class builds. Its just cheese. Let combat be combat plz. WL isn't bad since its just the one. Highlander is well built too. One each imho, max. I think stamina drains should just be gone.

Haemmerst0rm
10-11-2017, 08:24 PM
Headbut is fine! One word: dodge it. L2P....

SenBotsu893
10-11-2017, 08:41 PM

spoken like a true centurion main. whoops i mean warlord

gj4063
10-11-2017, 09:42 PM
spoken like a true centurion main. whoops i mean warlord

Nah. You mean spoken like a true pc player.

bmason1000
10-11-2017, 10:17 PM
Nah. You mean spoken like a true pc player. I'm on console and also agree it's fine.

RiceComboA
10-11-2017, 10:40 PM

Can you dodge it? Yes
Can you dodge it again? Sure
How about again? I may slip
Again? Ah, I got hit.

Not really the issue with dodging it, but rather, what to do after you dodge it.
Can't punish it, the recovery is too fast. So in the end, it's back to square one with the WL able to repeat.

Now add in a feign with GB and you have yourself an ultra safe opener which is only available to 2-3 characters in the roster.

Is that really good game play balance?

Antonioj26
10-11-2017, 10:49 PM
Can you dodge it? Yes
Can you dodge it again? Sure
How about again? I may slip
Again? Ah, I got hit.

Not really the issue with dodging it, but rather, what to do after you dodge it.
Can't punish it, the recovery is too fast. So in the end, it's back to square one with the WL able to repeat.

Now add in a feign with GB and you have yourself an ultra safe opener which is only available to 2-3 characters in the roster.

Is that really good game play balance?

Or just 1 character. No one but warden can feign into gb. Yes you got hit by a headbutt, he will need another 10 of those to kill you so if you are dodging 2/3 like you are in the scenario you setup then chances are you will kill him before he kills you.

RiceComboA
10-11-2017, 10:59 PM
Or just 1 character. No one but warden can feign into gb. Yes you got hit by a headbutt, he will need another 10 of those to kill you so if you are dodging 2/3 like you are in the scenario you setup then chances are you will kill him before he kills you.

Dodge forward, wait, GB, throw off cliff. Will not always work, but the WL has enough health to attempt this many times before he dies, especially in DOM with unlocks.

Not everyone has a reflex of a cat or is pro tournament champ. Most of the time I dodge a head butt by anticipating it. So I do end up dodging ahead of time and eating a GB instead.
Do not pretend that is not a thing. A good WL can condition his opponent into dodging quite easily.

Antonioj26
10-11-2017, 11:02 PM
Dodge forward, wait, GB, throw off cliff. Will not always work, but the WL has enough health to attempt this many times before he dies, especially in DOM with unlocks.

Not everyone has a reflex of a cat or is pro tournament champ. Most of the time I dodge a head butt by anticipating it. So I do end up dodging ahead of time and eating a GB instead.
Do not pretend that is not a thing. A good WL can condition his opponent into dodging quite easily.

That's still not a feign gb, that's you psyching yourself out and preemptively making a move.

RiceComboA
10-11-2017, 11:38 PM
Like I said, not all of us have the reflex of a pro athlete. I'm just an average "Jabrony" gamer, as my stats will show.

If the Devs made this game targeting only the Championship demographics, fine. I revoke my statements and apologize.

Antonioj26
10-11-2017, 11:47 PM
Like I said, not all of us have the reflex of a pro athlete. I'm just an average "Jabrony" gamer, as my stats will show.

If the Devs made this game targeting only the Championship demographics, fine. I revoke my statements and apologize.

There's nothing wrong with being an average gamer, but that doesn't change the definition of something. You wouldn't call pk lights 33/33/33 because they are fast and some people can't react to them.

RiceComboA
10-12-2017, 12:12 AM
This is getting nowhere fast. How about suggesting something that will work. Give us regular folks something to work with. I'm always willing to improve.

What is a suitable counter move to the WL head butt spam.

Please, refrain from useless advice such as "learn to play", "dodge" (no really? how did I not come out with that), and "play a WL".

Antonioj26
10-12-2017, 12:19 AM
This is getting nowhere fast. How about suggesting something that will work. Give us regular folks something to work with. I'm always willing to improve.

What is a suitable counter move to the WL head butt spam.

Please, refrain from useless advice such as "learn to play", "dodge" (no really? how did I not come out with that), and "play a WL".

Unfortunate there is no advice I can give aside from trying to hit him out of it if he's spamming it. It really is just a matter of getting better at the match up.