PDA

View Full Version : Tirpitz-Damage model

Dntrnuldytrd
03-06-2004, 09:54 AM
Just put together a little mission in an attempt to sink her. I was lucky to get one hit, the AA is ferocious!!!! A fire started on board with massive amounts of smoke, but she just kept glidding along. However, the last thing I saw was multiple muzzle flashes before my ride was scattered into the fridgid water like confetti. I'm going to dry off and try it again. The realism is simply unbelievable.

Dntrnuldytrd
03-06-2004, 09:54 AM
Just put together a little mission in an attempt to sink her. I was lucky to get one hit, the AA is ferocious!!!! A fire started on board with massive amounts of smoke, but she just kept glidding along. However, the last thing I saw was multiple muzzle flashes before my ride was scattered into the fridgid water like confetti. I'm going to dry off and try it again. The realism is simply unbelievable.

DamienW
03-06-2004, 10:17 AM
I set up a quick mission where it went against the Marat, a couple of cruisers, some light cruisers and some destroyers. It was incredible. 40 minutes of intense gunnery. All turrets opening fire and tracking their target. Huge flashes of light when main artillery opened up. At the end, the russian task force was defeated, while the tirpitz had lost several small/medium turrets, and one of its 4 main ones, as well as some damage to its bridge and lifeboats. Fires raged on it through almost all the battle, but it went on fighting, and they stopped after a while. Truly an impressive sight, and an excellent damage model for a non-flyable ( http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ) model.