PDA

View Full Version : Recent CRAZY LAG

We.the.North
10-11-2017, 02:52 AM
Alright, since about 3 days ago, starting saturday October 7th, my fps dropped between 5-20 and my ping is above 1000 ms. The game stutters like crazy and it kicks me out after about 2-3 minutes.

I used to get about 40 fps (PC) and ping was quite normal. I usually dont disconnect from games.

What's going on ??

My ISP says there is no problem with me or people living near me. I do speed test outside the game and everything is green.

RatedChaotic
10-11-2017, 03:22 AM
P2P......Do you connect to your region? Your skill? Your Renoun?... Lag switches are common....Players bogging down their connection intentionally is also common....These even more players doing it as time goes on...

We told ya(ubisoft) so in the Alphas and Betas..Nuff said...

ChampionRuby50g
10-11-2017, 03:37 AM
Funnily enough, a similar kinda thing happened to me. Day before you, Friday the 6th my internet **** itself apparently, changing itself between Open and Modetatre NAT mid session, refusing to change back after resets, then changing to Open randomly. Speed test said my internet was running fine, but my whole household was experiencing bad net. Wonder if it's related somehow ahah

Shantak_
10-11-2017, 07:46 AM
same here... i thought it was me... it happens when i switch to the desktop, while i'am waiting to find the next match. But not all the Times... just all 5-10 times. I got to restart the game.

CandleInTheDark
10-11-2017, 12:36 PM
I wonder if ti is because of the change in parameters and the order they loosen.

Assuming pre-patch display was accurate (and this is going off memory if any of this is inaccurate but I am confident enough in it), the parameters went like this.

Region strict / Skill strict
Region strict / Skill extended
Region extended / Skill extended
Region extended / Skill all
Region all / Skill all

Now it goes

Region strict / Skill strict / Player renown strict
Region extended / Skill strict / Player renown strict
Region extended / Skill extended / Player renown strict
Region all / Skill extended / Player renown strict
Region all / Skill all / Player renown strict
Region all / Skill all / Player renown all

People have been complaining about matchmaking, the thing is you can't have it all,I would much rather, as someone who struggles with connection when it goes to region all, the region be the last parameter to relax. Personally, I have put in a lot of reputation levels this season,more than twenty albeit six can be attributed to double xp weekends, but it has mostly been against AI where it is more stable and I will get nine in ten games complete as opposed to 5-7 in 10 if I have time at the time window it is more stable for me, I wanted to do more in terms of high geared characters but I am kind of waiting for, other than another double xp weekend, dedicated servers before going on another grind so I can do it against people.

ELDRIX_
10-11-2017, 01:26 PM
Oh damn I thought it was only me
was about to give up hope

RatedChaotic
10-11-2017, 05:10 PM
I'd rather be beat by a better player all day long(atleast I'll get better vs him). Than be beat by a player just because his nat is red. Theres no getting better vs these players.

DoctorMcBatman
10-11-2017, 06:15 PM
This is entirely anecdotal and possibly not the same issue OP noted, but I'll add it in to see if anyone else has had this experience.

I don't recall the dates, but about two weeks ago for two days my FH games stuttered like hell. It was the kind of stuttering you get when fps drop below 20, but MSI was reporting very normal levels for me (70+) even during the stuttering. My internet connection was completely fine and performing as normal (verified by Comcast)... but for two days I had unbelievable stuttering going on. It just went away, and thankfully hasn't been back.