PDA

View Full Version : Neutral Powers from Anno 1404

AgmasGold
10-10-2017, 09:20 AM
I personally think neutral powers were a very good addition to Anno 1404. As I have talked about in a different thread, they helped to add atmosphere to the game and added an extra dynamic to the world. Thinking about this further, some of them were much more useful than others, but I think that this was generally a good thing, as it created a bit of competition and urgency between players.

The main reason I made this thread was to talk about Ibn al Hakim (http://anno1404.wikia.com/wiki/Ibn_al_Hakim) from Anno 1404. I think that he was a little too strong as a neutral power, and the potential items he could give for just the cost of some dates and milk. Every single game with him in, without fail, I would colonize his island as soon as possible (and hope for the infinite norias item :)). This was a bad thing, as there should be some variation in the islands that players want to colonize in relation to neutral powers.

I just wondered if other people had any thoughts on them, and if people would like to see them in 1800, as I haven't really seen them discussed much on the forum.

stylisticsagi
10-11-2017, 07:36 AM
Hmm i think depending on the situation the neutral powers where pretty balanced out.
I found the witch and the religious lady more usefull for total ilness protection and the honour bonus.
But this is not a forum about over or underpowered items on 1404 but more what we like to see in 1800.
And for my opinion do we want to see neutral powers like 1404 back in 1800 and the answer is most definitly yes!

I just hope they don't bring neutral powers again like in 1700 where you had to trade alot of their uninteresting goods just to boost relation so after a long time you would be able to use their special ability... And they alsu used up alot of island space.

AgmasGold
10-11-2017, 10:52 PM
I was just listing potential drawbacks against the obvious benefits in case in gave people some other ideas about them, or different opinions of them. I definitely agree with you on the 1701 front, and how annoying they were.