PDA

View Full Version : Deflects not breaking hyper armour

SplugeKing
10-09-2017, 05:58 PM
I've just picked up the gladiator this week (I feel Odin will forgive me because the gladiator lives for battle but that is a different discussion). The only assassin I've played is zerker and is deflect grants a GB. I know in the past the oorochi would still get hit by hyper armour attacks, but I don't think that's the case now but I could be wrong.

Why doesn't the gladiators deflect break hyper armour? Imo a deflect is pretty risky and takes skill, on top of that his deflect gives an unblockable attack, so why do the zerker and shug get to attack through this deflect. It's happened to me couple times. Doesn't seem right to me. I understand why these characters have hyper armour but imo the gladiators deflect should break it.

bmason1000
10-10-2017, 05:22 AM
Why? Orochi gets an unblockable and they also don't stop hyper armor. Its kinda how HA armor works...attacks don't stop you.

UbiJurassic
10-10-2017, 06:24 PM
The simple answer is that it was designed that way. Hyper armor allows heroes to trade against quick opponents that would otherwise leave their victim hit stunned and unable to trade. Just as deflects are a key part of the assassin's kit, hyper armor is a core component to keep heavies competitive with the rest of the roster.

SoulEavens
10-10-2017, 06:27 PM
The simple answer is that it was designed that way. Hyper armor allows heroes to trade against quick opponents that would otherwise leave their victim hit stunned and unable to trade. Just as deflects are a key part of the assassin's kit, hyper armor is a core component to keep heavies competitive with the rest of the roster.

+1 Conquerors would like to apply for the Hyper Armor Club as well. *Hands in Membership Appliance*

UbiJurassic
10-10-2017, 07:02 PM
+1 Conquerors would like to apply for the Hyper Armor Club as well. *Hands in Membership Appliance*

Conqueror will have his buffs one day! Conqueror has been a hero we've been looking to adjust for quite some time and hopefully we'll have some details in the near future.

SoulEavens
10-10-2017, 07:39 PM
Well thanks for the Confirmation once again. Waiting for the Buff, just feels like it takes forever. Well now we how Raider Mains must have felt.
But we are Conquerors, Patience is our strong suit.