PDA

View Full Version : For the Players New and Old [Question + Bonus Video]

Jlloyd73
10-09-2017, 10:53 AM
Hey Guys, Just another player here to talk with the community. Noticing that Im seeing a lot less players on the PS4 portion of the game and i've gotten a chance to speak with a few of them and see why they arent playing as much anymore.
To make things short, its because they have lost their drive to play the game simply because balance issues and bugs alike. Honestly I feel like this could strongly be the a factor in the game losing its player base completely.

A lot of the new players I have met really enjoy playing the game but feel like the learning curve of the game is extremely steep, from personal experience I can agree with this at some points. Certain exploits and the Feint timing systems could be much to handle so I would like to have your opinions on some things. If an ubisoft staff member would see this hopefully they can get an general idea from players new and old.

1. Do you feel like there is a Sharp learning curve in For Honor? (For instance do you feel like mixups and feints come naturally through experience or does a player need to take tons of time to really master it) Rate it on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 = not really a curve just play to get better | 10 being that the curve is sharp even for some of the older players/

2. Do you feel like there has been improvements to the game? Is For honor getting better or is it going down the point of no return.

3. What characters do you feel are truly player friendly? What characters do you always have a blast playing against or with, that you can take a death from them or kill someone with them and not completely feel cheated or like a cheater.

4. What do you get out of it when you play For Honor? (This question is more on a personal note)
--- For me, the rush when both teams are breaking and all the players are really going for it, that the dominion mode simply turns into an all out 4 v 4 brawl. Thats the moment that feels best, watching my allies fight with everything they have and my opponents saying "screw it we settle it here" . If no one runs away and no random edges or catipult bombs kill half the team I can take the loss or win satisfactory.

Heres the bonus video
https://youtu.be/mmq-zbH9uWI
For those who are caught in a rough spot in for honor and they cant seem to have good winning matches, just know it gets better and you have to take some of those hard matches and losing streaks to reflect, get better mentally and skillfully, and say "lets try this one more time". Good job to those who have been here since season 1 and stayed. Its been an honor fighting alongside you all. See you on the field :D!

Halvtand
10-09-2017, 01:19 PM
1. Do you feel like there is a Sharp learning curve in For Honor? (For instance do you feel like mixups and feints come naturally through experience or does a player need to take tons of time to really master it) Rate it on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 = not really a curve just play to get better | 10 being that the curve is sharp even for some of the older players.

Yes, there is a rather sharp learning curve. And a bump right where feints start to become a thing. To be honest, once you get the hang of one hero, you kind of get the others as well.

2. Do you feel like there has been improvements to the game? Is For honor getting better or is it going down the point of no return.

Oh, massive improvements. I've been here since the first test and it used to be worse. Sure, not everything has become better, but as we still have two planned characters to unlock we can't really start with the final balancing of the game yet.

3. What characters do you feel are truly player friendly? What characters do you always have a blast playing against or with, that you can take a death from them or kill someone with them and not completely feel cheated or like a cheater.

This depends entirely on my opinion, and on most of the heroes there is a "but" or "only if".
I usually have a good time with and against Nobushi, Shugoki, Conqueror and Warden.

4. What do you get out of it when you play For Honor? (This question is more on a personal note)

I'm a defensive player. My rush comes when my base is invaded, often by multiple people. If I can block and dodge for long enough maybe my friends can come and help, or I get revenge and can start putting the pain down. The best feeling is surviving a full 4-player invasion, usually because my team arrives and just hands out asses left and right.

ChampionRuby50g
10-09-2017, 01:48 PM
1. There is a learning curve, no doubt. It is hard for a a few reps, longer sometimes. But in saying that a lot of it does come naturally after time. Players will see others feint and watch YouTube, just generally learn from others and they may try to work it into their chains. Then there are players who refuse to learn, for example one rep 3 or 4 total Warden threw out of stamina heavies at me while I blocked for 1 min.

2. Yes an no. I think they are really on the right track with hero balancing and the future changes will be well received, as shown by Warlord nerf and then some further changes made from community feedback. But, and this is a big but, every patch released has solved issues, while making plenty new issues to replace them. Connectivity for me has gotten worse, a lot of red bars. The in game sound is still broken in ways, new bugs have appeared. For Honor is now only a few times a week game now, but one I still very much enjoy. I'm looking forward to season 4, because that will be the last chance for this game for me. But I trust the team.

3. As mentioned it's pretty much opinion.

4. Since release date to now, fun. With all its problems it still was the funniest game I had played in a long time. And I've always wanted to earn glory for the Gods through raiding the Samurai as a Viking.

Jlloyd73
10-09-2017, 04:20 PM
@ Halvtand: Yeah Ive noticed that when I started trying to learn feints its like a whole new window of gameplay opened up. As of right now I guess I messed up my chances to adapt to most heros because I started off as a Nobushi and so far I can only really function with Glad, Shino, and Nobu.

I feel like they will get everything down pact in this final season but sadly its the final season lol.

Shugoki and Conquerors always give me a run for my money so I can agree.

I have a habit of being the final defense of my bases because I noticed that people just go for the kills in dominion not really the objectives.

@ChampionRuby50g: I agree. Im sure we've all had that moment of panic in for honor that you begin to throw out everything you can because your opponent seems to have no openings, im sure that warden was in a panic.

Season 4 will basically decide if people comeback for a few more weeks and maybe even buy For Honor 2, or it will be the nail in the coffin.

Yes, the game is still extremely fun, theres not a lot of war games that really do it like For Honor, this game has completely shifted my interest from shooters, simply because I feel like you are in more control of your combat situation than just rolling on the ground because a sniper can pick you off in 1 shot.