PDA

View Full Version : What did you do with Gladiators dodge?

Yoshimitsu_440
10-09-2017, 12:20 AM
Idk if you guys have seen older posts about Gladiatoes dodge but I dont believe people have been asking to make his dodge slower. They were asking to fix the bug where we would still get hit after dodge. To me it feels like you guys completely gutted his dodge. The enemy now has literally all day to dodge or most of the time gb glad while he is dodging and punish after blocking light dodge is huge. For an assassin his sodge feels extremely slow and his attacks come out way late for his type of a character. Hopefully I made sense.

Tobias96716
10-09-2017, 10:32 AM
I agree, dodge seems off and the punch is now way to slow to be of any use, it misses more than hits now.

S.J.Lannister
10-09-2017, 10:35 AM
Idk if you guys have seen older posts about Gladiatoes dodge but I dont believe people have been asking to make his dodge slower. They were asking to fix the bug where we would still get hit after dodge. To me it feels like you guys completely gutted his dodge. The enemy now has literally all day to dodge or most of the time gb glad while he is dodging and punish after blocking light dodge is huge. For an assassin his sodge feels extremely slow and his attacks come out way late for his type of a character. Hopefully I made sense.

He speaks the truth. Dodge was bugged since after dodge you still get hit. Now dodge is bugged even more, because Bee's Sting is guaranteed GB at the start of the attack, which should be not (it should be only guaranteed GB after block).

Charmzzz
10-09-2017, 12:18 PM
He speaks the truth. Dodge was bugged since after dodge you still get hit. Now dodge is bugged even more, because Bee's Sting is guaranteed GB at the start of the attack, which should be not (it should be only guaranteed GB after block).

I just started playing Gladiator last weekend and even the guaranteed GB after Block of Bee Sting should be removed. Gladi has the weakest Guard now after Shinobi got his buffed. Gladi is built to dodge, yet he has almost the worst dodge recovery times: 600ms to all sides. Orochi has the same, but a slower decaying guard. PK has 500ms and slower decaying guard.

1. Why should Gladi then even be open for a guaranteed GB after the enemy just blocked his side light?
2. Bamboozle after missing the running attack does not track at all, even if you lock on in the time between the 2 moves.
3. Side Dodge Punch misses more often than it hits, even if the opponent only moves a little but does not dodge (mentioned before)
4. Why is Gladi second and third Light at 600ms and doing only 15 Damage? I mean come on, that is almost the speed of a heavy but it hits like a wet noodle? I get it, you want Gladi to hit a light attack, then go for Toe Stab / Skewer / Skewer feint etc, but 15 Damage at 600ms on an Assassin???
5. Gladi does not feel like an Assassin at all, super-clunky dodges, only relying on one light into UB feint mixups. Mix in some punches when ganking, an occasional deflect skewer (cause no skewer in chains hits, gets parried 99%). That's it...

S.J.Lannister
10-09-2017, 01:23 PM
I just started playing Gladiator last weekend and even the guaranteed GB after Block of Bee Sting should be removed. Gladi has the weakest Guard now after Shinobi got his buffed. Gladi is built to dodge, yet he has almost the worst dodge recovery times: 600ms to all sides. Orochi has the same, but a slower decaying guard. PK has 500ms and slower decaying guard.

1. Why should Gladi then even be open for a guaranteed GB after the enemy just blocked his side light?
2. Bamboozle after missing the running attack does not track at all, even if you lock on in the time between the 2 moves.
3. Side Dodge Punch misses more often than it hits, even if the opponent only moves a little but does not dodge (mentioned before)
4. Why is Gladi second and third Light at 600ms and doing only 15 Damage? I mean come on, that is almost the speed of a heavy but it hits like a wet noodle? I get it, you want Gladi to hit a light attack, then go for Toe Stab / Skewer / Skewer feint etc, but 15 Damage at 600ms on an Assassin???
5. Gladi does not feel like an Assassin at all, super-clunky dodges, only relying on one light into UB feint mixups. Mix in some punches when ganking, an occasional deflect skewer (cause no skewer in chains hits, gets parried 99%). That's it...

Yes,

He should get better dodge (better speed with less opponent attack tracking) or better reflex guard (like Shinobi after buff).

SenBotsu893
10-09-2017, 04:55 PM
well if you use a dodge attack to doge an incomming attack you wont get guardbroken.

and thats how dodge attacks should be used right? they are not meant to be easy spammable attacks with no risk to using them.

the berserker and orochi dodge attacks are if compared to glads very slow and telegraphed and get parried way more easily.

thats probably why glads give a gb when blocked. and thats fine in my opinion.

S.J.Lannister
10-09-2017, 06:48 PM
well if you use a dodge attack to doge an incomming attack you wont get guardbroken.

and thats how dodge attacks should be used right? they are not meant to be easy spammable attacks with no risk to using them.

the berserker and orochi dodge attacks are if compared to glads very slow and telegraphed and get parried way more easily.

thats probably why glads give a gb when blocked. and thats fine in my opinion.

When it's blocked it follows guaranteed GB, this is risk.

UbiInsulin
10-09-2017, 07:19 PM
Thanks for letting us know your thoughts on the dodge since the changes in 1.14.1.

The Sucker Punch and Bee's Sting attacks were changed to launch at 300ms into the dodge (prior it had been anywhere between 100 ms to 400ms), so it's possible that's why the punch feels slower. I'll make sure to send your feedback along to the team!

S.J.Lannister
10-09-2017, 08:06 PM
Thanks for letting us know your thoughts on the dodge since the changes in 1.14.1.

The Sucker Punch and Bee's Sting attacks were changed to launch at 300ms into the dodge (prior it had been anywhere between 100 ms to 400ms), so it's possible that's why the punch feels slower. I'll make sure to send your feedback along to the team!

Yes, could you make a note?

We asked for bug fix for dodge only. After dodge - attacks were still tracking Gladiator. We didn't ask to slow down sucker punch and bee's sting. You slow it down and now it can be GB at the start. We asked for dodge fix, not for sucker punch and bee's sting nerf :)

Yoshimitsu_440
10-09-2017, 08:26 PM
Yes, could you make a note?

We asked for bug fix for dodge only. After dodge - attacks were still tracking Gladiator. We didn't ask to slow down sucker punch and bee's sting. You slow it down and now it can be GB at the start. We asked for dodge fix, not for sucker punch and bee's sting nerf :)
Thank you, that was exact my point.

S.J.Lannister
10-09-2017, 10:18 PM
Thank you, that was exact my point.

Yes,

That is my point also. Let's hope they will leave dodge as it is and they will change back Sucker Punch and Bee's Sting :)

Also they could change guard reflex to Shinobi level :P

gj4063
10-09-2017, 11:20 PM
I keep saying this, cuz it's true. All these things are directly linked to the time snap removal. The animations are trailing the combat inputs and combat calculations. This is why we habe tracking. The computer already decided that attack hit you, the graphics are partying catchup and forcing the attack to hit. Its going to be a year before they tweak all the animations and get this close to right. This game is fdup.