PDA

View Full Version : Are you kidding me?!?!

Captain_Summers
10-08-2017, 11:07 PM
[removed pending confirmation]

UbiSkyBear
10-09-2017, 07:21 PM
Hello Captain_Summers,

The actual line is: "They've got some environmental control issues on deck eight - it's hotter than a horta's backside down there. Can you check it out?”

The horta is an alien from a particular original series episode that used a very strong acid to make tunnels: http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Horta.

Captain_Summers
10-10-2017, 12:38 AM
I'll have to take your word for it, but a full crew heard the word I was talking about - and after 220 hrs playing - this is the first time I've heard that line so it's not like I can check.

I hope you're right.

But it didn't 'sound' that way, and when I questioned the crew about it, they all said they heard the same offensive word. Maybe it's the way it's said, or maybe because of all the other stuff going on on the bridge at the same time, but you fooled 4 people from 3 different countries with that line.

B.Janeway
10-15-2017, 11:15 PM
Captain Summers I heard that line a few times and I knew it was a Horta, perhaps you and your crew don't know what the Horta are and so your brains tricked you and you thought they said hussie.

Anyways, it's important to have a sense of humor about ourselves and be able to giggle when we are mistaken. Water to a ducks feather & all that.