PDA

View Full Version : End-game production cycle: Tulips

DoomDutch
10-08-2017, 04:31 PM
"Imagine; you're walking outside in the fields on a nice spring day.
Your hat on you head, blocking the hot spring sunshine from you face.
Around you there are flowers.
Red flowers, yellow flowers, purple, green, blue and more!

https://i.stack.imgur.com/ShFQI.jpg

It's anno 1800, and you are about to harvest your beautiful fields of Tulips to sell on the market to the aristocrate and merchants."

So as you most likely get by now, this is an idea for an end-game production cycle where Tulip fields are being used to create colourful bouquets of Tulips.
Additional, this would surely be the perfect island eye candy for the game to show its amazing visuals!

iruet
10-08-2017, 04:37 PM
I wanne see something else too, every field has to have it's own color, so for one bouquet, you need multiple fields ^^

Mendahor
10-17-2017, 09:42 PM
It could be good

What about a bouquet factory that starts to produce one type of bouquet requiring for exemple 2 red, 4 purple and 1 green, that bouquet bringing, let's say, 1 point of satisfaction, Then later in the game, you get/buy/research an item that unlock another composition of bouquet, requiring for exemple 3 red, 2 blue and 2 green (giving for exemple 1.2 points of satisfaction). You can now choose to set up your first factory to produce those bouquet, and to keep the second factory consuming purple tulips instead of having to buy blue tulips. Since you don't consume many purple tulips, you could sell them.

Changing the type of the resources needed for a supply chain could be a new way to upgrade a factory, while boosting the trading in case there is a global market.

AgmasGold
10-17-2017, 11:09 PM
Although I am sure it would add a bit to late game, for huge cities, I just wouldn't have the space to add in a purely thematic and decorative production chain. Even a small benefit, such as increased income, wouldn't really matter when building big in Anno, as you don't really need to worry about money when you have 30-50k population.

Although it sure would be interesting to have and nice to look at, I'm not sure if adding in a whole production chain - buildings, models, animations etc - is worth the effort if some people just won't use it. I'm not saying that if I had a smaller city that I wouldn't use it, but some people play Anno in as optimal a way as possible, and unfortunately, wasting maintenance on a purely decorative item is not a path to maximum efficiency.

Maybe having the tulips as some form of "currency" would give a decent incentive. Rare items that can only be obtained by gifting them to third parties. The rarer up the chain, the better the items. Assuming the items were appropriately strong, that would probably be the only thing that would incentivise me to build such a chain if it existed.

iruet
10-20-2017, 07:13 PM
I disagree there agmas, in the 17th century one tulip was more expensive then one entire house.

I believe it would add a more complex production chain, as most of us asked for...

Nxt to that: it would give your worl more colour,for instance: you need to produce flowers (tulips in this case) to keep all flowerparks in your city flowery...

AgmasGold
10-20-2017, 07:42 PM
Yeah but Tulips only cost so much because of the pricing bubble that happened around that time. The normal price of tulips was much lower, and it only cost so much due to sudden consumer demand. Many people lost fortunes after the bubble burst.

The most obvious example nowadays is the crytocurrency bubble, there was the dotcom bubble etc...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

iruet
10-21-2017, 05:43 PM
Yup that is correct, it was a rare item... But it still was expensive back in the 18th and 19th century, tulips became really affordable after the WWII