PDA

View Full Version : Please fix higlander Tracking

G0ldSt1ng3r
10-08-2017, 04:23 PM
the Higlanders heavy attacks the celtic curse i believe, where he chances direction from the top attack. track you beyond really far you can almost not dogde out of the way..
same goes for the grab where the highlander throws you on the ground not as bad as the heavy attack but still..

SwellChemosabe
10-08-2017, 05:35 PM
thats the celtic curse....you cannot escape your fate, stand and face your death like a warrior

Antonioj26
10-08-2017, 05:58 PM
the Higlanders heavy attacks the celtic curse i believe, where he chances direction from the top attack. track you beyond really far you can almost not dogde out of the way..
same goes for the grab where the highlander throws you on the ground not as bad as the heavy attack but still..

Or you can just stop trying to dodge it and just block it. Do you try to block an unblockable Melee? No, because you know it doesn't work so why do you keep trying to dodge Celtic curse?

G0ldSt1ng3r
10-08-2017, 06:46 PM
cuase in 1vx i am more likely to dogde as a sninobi becuase of the low health pool that why :P

G0ldSt1ng3r
10-08-2017, 06:51 PM
and even the Raider is tracking in his zone

SwellChemosabe
10-08-2017, 06:55 PM
bruh, how you gonna try to dodge the celtic curse as a shinobi. you realize that's basically intant death

Ubi-Valkyrie
10-08-2017, 06:58 PM
Hey, G0ldSt1ng3r

Thanks for reporting this. Do you happen to have any videos of this problem? That would help us provide the devs with accurate feedback of the issue.

Antonioj26
10-08-2017, 07:10 PM
cuase in 1vx i am more likely to dogde as a sninobi becuase of the low health pool that why :P

But you know that doesn't work so stop doing it, it's a simple and slow attack to block. Shins reflex and hp got a buff this last patch so you have zero excuse.

G0ldSt1ng3r
10-08-2017, 07:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bwbJybQ5ao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_47DTY-TQw

G0ldSt1ng3r
10-08-2017, 07:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7gTX5yHZGs&feature=youtu.be
This is my video from the how to play section with level 3 bot

Antonioj26
10-08-2017, 08:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bwbJybQ5ao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_47DTY-TQw

I genuinely don't see a problem, it's an attack that is meant to be slow but make up for it by having good range. It's easily countered by people who aren't so dodge happy

G0ldSt1ng3r
10-08-2017, 08:32 PM
Verywell i fully respect your opinion! when i look at it in slow motion from 00:5 seconds: is that when he initiates his attack and dodges ones forward starting next to the conquerer, then he moves 2 dogdes to the front, that why his is able to his the target dogding away from the attack.

Antonioj26
10-08-2017, 08:46 PM
Verywell i fully respect your opinion! when i look at it in slow motion from 00:5 seconds: is that when he initiates his attack and dodges ones forward starting next to the conquerer, then he moves 2 dogdes to the front, that why his is able to his the target dogding away from the attack.

Oh I saw what happened, I just don't think a character who already isn't in great shape doesn't need a move that's already really slow and can be parried/blocked reliably on reaction needs a nerf.

IesooMI
10-08-2017, 09:48 PM
Stop dodging, block parry or hell just deflect it. Or use your brain and just go into kick mixup with hyper armor, shinobi just got a hp and Stam buff you can afford a trade or 2 considering HL hits like a wet noodle.

G0ldSt1ng3r
10-09-2017, 08:41 AM
Alright! Thanks for al the info and tips! Seems Parry/Deflect is the only option!

Klingentaenz3r
10-09-2017, 09:54 AM
Hello Goldst1ng3r,

first of all I pull the hat for you sir and your composed approach and not falling into ill complaints and accusations towards those who bear different opinions.
I as well have to agree with Antonioj26. This move and the implied reach is one of the few things that the highlander currently depends on to catch up with opponents and to deal with assassins. Therefore he is one of the few that has a good chance on catching a shinobi.

What we see in the video is that he the highlander utilizes his front dash leap (he waits until the very end for maximum reach and does not cancel it early on) while also having a good position to utilize the sidespin to get even further. The orochi on the other hand is too dodge happy against this highlander. He simply dodges too early and underestimates the possible reach. Note that it is in fact possible to dodge the celtic curse entirely with one dodge, but it has to be at the right time. As an Orochi it is even possible to dodge everything with a Riptide Strike. You don't need to be that far away for that either, mid range is the sweet spot I think). The highlander advocates just like the Centurion a different style of fighting and more adaption to the timings of the character. If you act just because you see them twitch you will be punished for it in most cases. BTW Celtic Curse cannot be canceled and thus is a pretty risky move against opponents that have gotten the hang of it

BLOOD-E-BARON
10-10-2017, 01:11 AM
in this particular case it really does look like the highlander is wearing a pair of heelys to close the distance.........57sec mark is proof enough

https://youtu.be/pXsNR0ushq4

kweassa1
10-10-2017, 02:30 AM
There is no such thing as "tracking". Only failed dodges.

mrmistark
10-10-2017, 02:23 PM
There is no such thing as "tracking". Only failed dodges.

I think we had this argument before....

Becaus each character does not follow the same tracking distances or rules, variables are different, meaning that as an actual movement, each attack has more or less tracking. For instance: if that was a berserker in the video trying to do a top heavy rather than HL doing a Celtic curse soft feint, the berserker would have wiffed the attack due to there being too much distance in between.

I fully support the fact that in these cases such as the one depicted in the video, that dodge timing is everything, but to say "tracking doesn't exist, it's just missed dodges", despite being true in the fact these moves are dodgeable, is untrue in the fact that tracking does exist because not all attacks have the luxury of following the same rules.

That being said though, Celtic curse is dodgeable, you just dodged too early. It is also parryable, deflectable and simply just blockable. All to combat one of the slowest and predictable moves in the game. I find as an assassin dodging too much typically gets you caught just like in your video. It's better to relax, concentrate on most likely enemy approaches, and react to them.

The_B0G_
10-10-2017, 02:32 PM
90% of HLs go for the soft feint into side heavy, all I do is be ready for the top parry, if he cancels into side heavy just wait and dodge.

HL need everything he can get, there should be no nerfs to anything he has. As far as his grab goes, you only need to attack him, when in offensive stance all he can do is dodge and he has no dodge attacks. All his other attacks are slow.

mrmistark
10-10-2017, 04:22 PM
90% of HLs go for the soft feint into side heavy, all I do is be ready for the top parry, if he cancels into side heavy just wait and dodge.

HL need everything he can get, there should be no nerfs to anything he has. As far as his grab goes, you only need to attack him, when in offensive stance all he can do is dodge and he has no dodge attacks. All his other attacks are slow.

^^this. HL offensive mode is all mindset. It looks big and scary which makes people automatically go into frantic dodge mode, and that's when you get caught. It took a long time for me personally, but I now do it with nearly every character on reaction except for HA attacks: If they initiate any heavy attack, just throw out a light. Depending on your character, in most cases the light will interrupt and throw any sort of feint and mind game out the window as the feint won't cancel fast enough to either block or at the very least, assuming you threw the light in a different direction, unable to parry making it a safe interrupt if nothing else. The same holds true for HL. Every attack except light in OS is slower than most lights. If he starts a kick, grab or heavy just throw a light. Not only will you get that damage but it will stop his main means of momentum.

Baturai
10-10-2017, 04:35 PM
Ahahah so fail. ****IN nerf it!!!

bmason1000
10-10-2017, 04:53 PM
^^this. HL offensive mode is all mindset. It looks big and scary which makes people automatically go into frantic dodge mode, and that's when you get caught. It took a long time for me personally, but I now do it with nearly every character on reaction except for HA attacks: If they initiate any heavy attack, just throw out a light. Depending on your character, in most cases the light will interrupt and throw any sort of feint and mind game out the window as the feint won't cancel fast enough to either block or at the very least, assuming you threw the light in a different direction, unable to parry making it a safe interrupt if nothing else. The same holds true for HL. Every attack except light in OS is slower than most lights. If he starts a kick, grab or heavy just throw a light. Not only will you get that damage but it will stop his main means of momentum.i really need to work on doing this. My mind immediately goes to the standard defense block/dodge/parry but there's so many instances across the roster where light attack is honestly the better option. I know that's true, and i still don't do it. Gotta retrain those instincts.

The_B0G_
10-10-2017, 05:03 PM
i really need to work on doing this. My mind immediately goes to the standard defense block/dodge/parry but there's so many instances across the roster where light attack is honestly the better option. I know that's true, and i still don't do it. Gotta retrain those instincts.

I use a lot of lights as defense against GBs and other light attacks, I can only parry heavies consistently, GBs about half the time. Lights are my go to lol

G0ldSt1ng3r
10-11-2017, 11:31 AM
yea i was able to parry him twice yesterday:D but it was in the mind becuase i tried before and it didnt work, but now i got the timing right!

thanks for all the comment and help!