PDA

View Full Version : mj2 - HEAVY METAL

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
10-08-2017, 12:02 AM
Just published my map

NAME: mj2 - HEAVY METAL
OBJECTIVE: A captive of war about to be fed to the Rhino's, you must do everything within your power to climb your way out of this damned puzzle of a Factory, and make sure to kill as many hostiles as you go.
BLURB/SUMMARY: They held us in a chamber for days without food and water, stripping us of our weapons and our pride. At long last we were led out and into a small room, nothing but a hole in the floor. One by one I watched as they shoved my fellow captives down the hole. Echo's of screams and roars came from below, and I trembled as I was brought up next. Surely there must be a way out of this hell hole? While they were walking us through the halls I saw several ounces of C4 that could be useful, and a loading truck that could possibly help bridge the gap between an old, caved in bridge out side. I just have to get to them. Oh no, this guy is bringing up his weapon for the swing- gotta think quick!

Fallen-Champ
10-08-2017, 06:03 PM
I think it will be on XB1 Sab, I need to catch up on these maps and get my own finished, been inactive the last 3-4 days.
Got a little work done on my map and have ben logging into forums but not been playing or keeping up to date with recent maps - Start nights tomorrow so will check yours and the others out.

CoMMANDERoLSON's last MJ1 map I really liked, I could see if the XB1 maps will convert to PS4 via map swapper if you want to play them.

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
10-08-2017, 06:40 PM
It's on XBOX, my bad I totally forgot to mention that

Restylex.
10-09-2017, 05:25 AM
Never mind m8 . I saw the clip of the map ! :D i've i'm sure:rolleyes:

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
10-09-2017, 06:50 PM
Just published an updated version that fixed a breach in the boundaries mj2- HEAVY METAL 2.0

Fallen-Champ
10-10-2017, 11:16 AM
I really like this map it is very different and has some really neat structures.
The first few seconds I thought WTF when I fell down that chute but instantly new what to do with the rhino, maps like this I guess you could call Escape maps which involve puzzles to get past areas - they were amazing on Far Cry 2 but a lot more difficult to do now with far Cry 3 and 4 having less destructible items and items with physics where you can push things around then jump over them.

I made several maps under a previous name called Escape Your Fate 1,2 and 3 but don't think they were really played.
On my first go I used the truck and went through to the next area then instead of pressing forward I took on 3 A.I. and ran out of rounds (I blew up the ammo refills by mistake and should have collected other weapons)

Unsure how much further the end was, I gave it a like and will play it again.
I am glad you made that and look forward to seeing other maps it is very outside the box for Far Cry 4 as we say- that large structure is really sweet when looking up at it from outside.

There are some really bad occlusion issues at certain areas, it could be the actual pieces used as some oddly have occlusion as long as the actual item itself or it could be items conflicting with one another I know the cave pieces can be a problem (I didn't check in the editor) still I thought it was a really cool map.

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
10-10-2017, 05:15 PM
Thanks dude, I really appreciate it. There's not much after the truck (due to object limit), just a 'quick! make it to the tree line' moment in which you're suppose to just run past those last AI in the field. I'm not the most experienced with building custom buildings in Farcry (I was a "make some pretty nature scenes and add some prefab buildings" for years), so I wasn't sure what to do with the occlusion issues. Hope we have a bigger console budget and more destructible objects in Farcry 5 to make bigger puzzle-escape maps!

Fallen-Champ
10-10-2017, 06:14 PM
FarCry 4 has some horrific occlusion the other games were nowhere near as bad, In Far Cry 2 you placed in your own occlusion - That big structure looks very Halo'ish so nice to see people from Forge using the Far Cry Editor, quite a few went the other way, unsure if you know T0astman or Anemeros ? I keep meaning to jump in with them and have a chat in Forge to see what it's all about.

Good luck with this map, I do like it a lot, I am going to try and get mine finished before I crash out tonight.