PDA

View Full Version : Fail Berserker deflect to Shinobi Zone Attack

uglyface87
10-07-2017, 05:29 PM
Hello. First of all wonna to apologize for the bad english. Its happens today for the first time. Play with Berserker against Shinobi. In the fight i make deflect to his (shinobi) zone attack and its normal to Guardbreak him... yes but NO. Did not happens. Its fail to Guardbreak him and the fight continue as normal. Think that is a bug and need to fix it. Its not fair.

Sorry if the thread place is not for here...

Halvtand
10-07-2017, 07:22 PM
Your English is fine, friend.
This does seem like a strange case, perhaps a bug of some sort? You say that you deflected the Shinobi ZA, which should lead to an automatic GB, but it did not. The first thing that comes to my mind is that you perhaps deflected one of the early hits and was struck while you were supposed to get the GB and thus was knocked out of it?
Still a bug, a successful deflect should give you your reward, especially after other heroes has gotten buffs to secure their deflects.

uglyface87
10-07-2017, 08:05 PM
Yes, the first one... to be exact. He did not hit me, but I did not GB him. Try it and see it.

Halvtand
10-07-2017, 09:38 PM
Yes, the first one... to be exact. He did not hit me, but I did not GB him. Try it and see it.

Haha, wish I could, my deflect-game is super weak. Can barely deflect against Conq and Kensei when they do their slow heavy attacks.
To me it sounds like the flurry of attacks in Shinobi's ZA just stopped you from getting the GB, which should happen if you were just trying to get GB the guy. As the result of a deflect I feel that the GB should be guaranteed no matter what, but Let's see if we can get some other input on that.

UbiInsulin
10-07-2017, 10:24 PM
Hello. First of all wonna to apologize for the bad english. Its happens today for the first time. Play with Berserker against Shinobi. In the fight i make deflect to his (shinobi) zone attack and its normal to Guardbreak him... yes but NO. Did not happens. Its fail to Guardbreak him and the fight continue as normal. Think that is a bug and need to fix it. Its not fair.

Hey uglyface! Did you happen to record a video of this incident? That can really help us investigate potential bugs like this one.

uglyface87
10-08-2017, 07:51 AM
Hey uglyface! Did you happen to record a video of this incident? That can really help us investigate potential bugs like this one.

Nope, in that time i was not recording and now i'm sorry for that. Will try to make the same scene with some of my friends. But was pure luck to make this deflect on shinobi ZA. its hard to do. But will try to do it again and record it.

S0Mi_xD
10-08-2017, 09:46 AM

That's a older problem, it happens because shiobis zone are several fast attacks, the same would happen if you would deflect a berserkers Zone.

The tried to fix it by speeding up the GB after the deflect in patch 1.05

Deflect

Deflect transitions into Guardbreak after 500ms (reduced from 700ms).

Developer comments: Speeding up the Deflect is meant to help against Peacekeeper and Valkyrie. This will now let Berserker Deflect their Light > Light chains without being stopped by the 2nd Light.

And now the chance this happens is pretty smal now, but it can still happen against every fast hero, the irony is - after the patch it happened to me against berserkers chained heavy attack, the attack is 700ms fast xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_A_0e_xvpw

Deflect against shinobis zone, there is not much what the devs can do, just try to not defelct the zone and instead parry it :)

uglyface87
10-09-2017, 01:13 PM

Record the video for the bug. Sorry for the keyboard sound... forget to mute to mic.I hope to hear and see well. The last hit on the zone attack is deflectable, but the first kick of the zone attack is not.

Special thanks for the chiefpie02, to be so kind , and spend little of his time to make this video.

https://youtu.be/tffTBLblVbw

Devils-_-legacy
10-09-2017, 05:14 PM
Happens over way around as well

UbiJurassic
10-10-2017, 06:51 PM
Record the video for the bug. Sorry for the keyboard sound... forget to mute to mic.I hope to hear and see well. The last hit on the zone attack is deflectable, but the first kick of the zone attack is not.

Special thanks for the chiefpie02, to be so kind , and spend little of his time to make this video.

https://youtu.be/tffTBLblVbw

Thanks to you and chiefpie02 for getting the video over to us! It seems like the guardbreak is being interrupted because Shinboi is already in the start up for the second hit on his zone, much like if you were to try and guardbreak someone during a light attack startup.

Alustar.
10-11-2017, 12:18 AM
Then the question here is should that be an issue? If you are able to deflect the zone hit you should get the GB, otherwise having certain characters exempt from this is a problem.

uglyface87
10-11-2017, 02:08 PM
For me that shinobi is shame for this game... and now other MISSED DEFLECT on different situation. Play Ranked and happens on the first duel. Then i was not recording, AGAIN. The second game i say to myself.. Always rec when play against Shinobi. The video below!!!!! WTF!!!!?!?!?!:confused:

https://youtu.be/TvS0Vxw13Wg

UbiJurassic
10-11-2017, 06:15 PM
Then the question here is should that be an issue? If you are able to deflect the zone hit you should get the GB, otherwise having certain characters exempt from this is a problem.
It seems that this isn't a problem exclusive to Shinobi, but rather two hit zone attacks in general. Since deflects aren't technically blocks, the zone attack isn't interrupted when deflected. Therefore, when the guardbreak is initiated after deflecting, it is interrupted by the animation of the second attack.That all seems to be intended behaviors, but I'll be forwarding the thread over to the team to hopefully get their input.

S0Mi_xD
10-11-2017, 07:06 PM
It seems that this isn't a problem exclusive to Shinobi, but rather two hit zone attacks in general. Since deflects aren't technically blocks, the zone attack isn't interrupted when deflected. Therefore, when the guardbreak is initiated after deflecting, it is interrupted by the animation of the second attack.That all seems to be intended behaviors, but I'll be forwarding the thread over to the team to hopefully get their input.

It is a problem in general against fast multiple hit attacks, or fast chains - all zones (except PK) will not be interrupted by any block, not even superior blocks.

The only way to "fix" this is...
Rework Berserker Deflect (already made a suggestion because this issue happend to me again)
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1685395-Berserker-Deflect-needs-a-Rework!?p=12701170#post12701170