PDA

View Full Version : Ship durability idea

Mendahor
10-07-2017, 09:38 AM
What about adding a "durability" property on each ship ?

A new ship comes with 100% (or a fixed number different from ship family to ship family). This durability lowers in the time. When it reachs a specific level, it has an impact. For exemple, when reaching 60%, the ship speed is reduced by 15%. When reaching 30%, the ship transport capability is reduced by 15%, and when reaching 10%, the ships has some chances to flows (and we loose it).

We can make the decision to send the ship to repair in the harbour when we want or can, since this implies that we have to assing another ship to this trading route. This would add a whole armada management feature to the game, since we don't create all ships at the same time.

Difficulty could be set in the game settings, impacting the durability loss rate from "easy" (no durability loss, maybe the default setting for new players) to "hard".

AgmasGold
10-07-2017, 12:58 PM
This makes sense, maybe have it affect the HP of the ship -- 80% durability, loose 10% HP and so on. The only thing is, there would need to be some automatic way of scheduling maintenance/repairs, as having to manually go through all my trade routes and click to repair every single ship in the fleet would be such a bore.

stylisticsagi
10-07-2017, 01:53 PM
I don't think this is a very good idea. If you do this for ships then soon someone yells they should also do it for buildings followed but they should also do that for carts...

AgmasGold
10-07-2017, 03:06 PM
For ships, it could have an effect on naval battles, for buildings, I don't really see how it would have an effect or what difference it could make.

Choosing the time to base and repair your fleet could be an important tactical decision when you are at war with another player.

stylisticsagi
10-07-2017, 03:27 PM
even most military rts games don't have this...
If you want to make military more interesting in anno i think it is far better to start with ammunition supply. Bullets cost money and resources.
That's what's anno is about

AgmasGold
10-07-2017, 04:16 PM
I was just developing the idea from Mendahor, but you're probably right, extra production chains are the way to go.