PDA

View Full Version : Orochi - NO ESCAPE 😱😢😭

TommyMacpherson
10-07-2017, 01:35 AM
Ok in short.. Orochi has a particular move (unsure if on the move set menu) but it is basically what looks like; a dash into a light and or heavy attack... and it tracks really well.. like centurion tracking.. It just follows you right up to the hit.. It isn't bad.. but is annoying when I can't make a quick get away because an orochi decides to do this move every time in order to get the kill.. ( I actually don't see this move a lot when taking a quick run from a battle) but like I said can be frustrating when your trying to make the great escape, and then realising your escape ain't so great... cheers. Any thoughts?? Anybody aware of this move? Post your comments:)

TommyMacpherson
10-07-2017, 01:41 AM
Also.. in regards to above.. I suppose it hits me so well because the player is in guard stance.. but I tried to time a dodge/roll.. and no matter the time I did so.. did I ever escape the hit?? Again cheers.

bmason1000
10-07-2017, 02:05 AM
You can't dodge that attack. Block or parry, friend. It's not a question of timing, the attack is undodgeable.

Howard_T_J
10-07-2017, 06:06 AM
You can't dodge that attack. Block or parry, friend. It's not a question of timing, the attack is undodgeable.

I love this attack

Mia.Nora
10-07-2017, 06:43 AM
Oroichi top light tracking is almost as good. Some attacks in the game are simply not dodgeable. Kensei side heavies also practically impossible to dodge unless you are very far away.

Oni_sensei
10-08-2017, 05:42 AM
That move is one of the easiest moves in the game to parry. More moves should track players who flee from fights in my opinion... not less. Maybe try to fight you opponent to the death? It's not like you are going to die in real life after all.

Herbstlicht
10-08-2017, 01:38 PM
First to Orochi. You can dodge this attack. You can deflect it. Block it. Parry it. Timing actually is rather lenient.
Kensei too, specially his heavies, are very easily dodged. Thing is: if you dodge with the timing you use for his side lights, you get hit. So its all about knowing what attacks he will throw you. Anyway, you are right that it is almost impossible to run from an Orochi, especially as a slower class. Shinobi for example might have an easier time. Anyway, just like Oni_sensei mentioned. Just fight. Orochi is an Assassin, he has come to kill you. So you beat him or die, that's how it should be.

SwellChemosabe
10-08-2017, 05:04 PM
This is by far the most useful attack for fleeing opponents but i also find it useful for closing the gap between you and an opponent. not a lot of people i ever fight anticipate that dodge forward into light attack at the last possible second. Helps me cover a large amount of distance and 7 out of 10 times it connects without being blocked or parried.

Howard_T_J
10-09-2017, 12:08 AM
Its a very predictable attack in all honesty too. I get parried off of it soooooo much. Even on fleeing targets who know what i'm doing.

Tobias96716
10-09-2017, 10:45 AM
First to Orochi. You can dodge this attack. You can deflect it. Block it. Parry it. Timing actually is rather lenient.
Kensei too, specially his heavies, are very easily dodged. Thing is: if you dodge with the timing you use for his side lights, you get hit. So its all about knowing what attacks he will throw you. Anyway, you are right that it is almost impossible to run from an Orochi, especially as a slower class. Shinobi for example might have an easier time. Anyway, just like Oni_sensei mentioned. Just fight. Orochi is an Assassin, he has come to kill you. So you beat him or die, that's how it should be.

This is wrong, Orochi play style is counter based. If you attack a decent Orochi aggressively you will almost always loose. The deflect unblockables can 3 shot you easily...so if they can parry you, they can deflect you...and will pop that unblockable to finish you off...Now only if they allowed it to trigger the execution...

Antonioj26
10-09-2017, 12:14 PM
This is wrong, Orochi play style is counter based. If you attack a decent Orochi aggressively you will almost always loose. The deflect unblockables can 3 shot you easily...so if they can parry you, they can deflect you...and will pop that unblockable to finish you off...Now only if they allowed it to trigger the execution...

Oh you mean that deflect that is 900ms, and you can roll out of? Yeah you aren't going to be landing that 3 times.