PDA

View Full Version : Vs Red Nat Players

RatedChaotic
10-07-2017, 01:20 AM
Yes....its still a thing. Never did I see your pretty icons nor did it kick those fools.Been doing your brawl event. Every group vs mine was a red and yellow nat combo. We couldnt react. What a great fix. Back to AI I go...Your multiplayer sucks as usual......I knew I'd be disappointed.

RatedChaotic
10-07-2017, 05:08 PM
Samething this Saturday morning. Aw well It looks like it Starwars Battlefront 2 beta weekend for me. I dont have any issues with connectivity in that beta and its a 40 man battle. Oh and its a................ BETA!

Jarl.Felix
10-07-2017, 09:56 PM
It's EA after all... not Ubifail...

Halvtand
10-07-2017, 09:57 PM
It's also build on the back of existing infrastructure...

RatedChaotic
10-08-2017, 02:54 AM

True but that doesnt excuse Ubifail for its mistakes. P2P What a epic fail. Theres too many hurdles....All regions...All skill levels...All this....All that...by the time you find a match your connecting to Tombotu on Easter Island still using dialup.

Halvtand
10-08-2017, 10:13 AM
True but that doesnt excuse Ubifail for its mistakes. P2P What a epic fail. Theres too many hurdles....All regions...All skill levels...All this....All that...by the time you find a match your connecting to Tombotu on Easter Island still using dialup.

You are not wrong in any way. I just look at it differently.
I'd rather have game developers experiment with stuff like this than get the same old all the time. Gaming is stagnating and it is mostly because people who give feedback and focus groups always says the same thing. Brown cover-based shooters: Sure, this could've worked better, but they gave it one heck of a try and are still trying to iron it out even though dedicated servers are on the horizon.
Servers will work, we know that, but it also puts a lot of cost into maintenance which inevitably leads to the game shutting down its servers one day and thus make the game unplayable. If this P2P worked well, that would no longer be an issue. We'd all be playing retro-games like FH in the old folks home in 70 years. Complaining about BS PK light spam and choking on pills.

RatedChaotic
10-08-2017, 05:09 PM
I accept they tried. But alot of players warned them about this in the alphas and betas and they continued to believe this will work. Even tried to defend it by showing their p2p vs another design.

But here we are waiting for Dedicated Servers......We told you so....I will not even attempt pvp in this game anymore. Not after this weekend. Not til Dedicated servers come. I run into red nat players in every mode and in a majority of my games. Their 400ms lights become 100ms lights aswell as causes delays, resyncs, and game crashes. it just more of a headache than entertainment for me.

Even had a few xbox players message me in amazement about these Red Nat/Lag switch users. By the way they dont even need a lag switch. You just need to reconfigure your set up in your house to bog yourself down. Had a few players admit doing that aswell. I didnt report them either...Its not worth my time.

Jedijrobbie
10-09-2017, 03:37 AM
Good to know it's not just me experiencing this crap. Had a dom game on PS4 guy had red latency and entire game felt like it was 5fps. Never booted the ****ty connection.

Tundra 793
10-09-2017, 04:45 AM

A fair point, but even Battlefield 3s Beta was almost hilariously more stable. There's a long list of pre-release games, open Betas to technical Alphas, even just stress testing MMOs, that have had almost flawless connections compared to what For Honor has, 7 months after launch.

It's simply just inexcusable, what Ubisoft has done with For Honor.

I'd rather have game developers experiment with stuff like this than get the same old all the time. Gaming is stagnating and it is mostly because people who give feedback and focus groups always says the same thing.

Absolutely, developers should always be experimenting. And I agree; AAA games are stagnating. But I believe it has far more to do with consumer habits than focus groups. That For Honor blackout should have stayed in effect until the connection issues were fixed. That's the only language giant publishers like Ubisoft can understand; A very sharp, and very long downward arrow on the profit Powerpoint.
Gamers are just, too patient and/or stubborn.

Sure, this could've worked better, but they gave it one heck of a try and are still trying to iron it out even though dedicated servers are on the horizon.

"Could have worked better" is an understatement dude, it's been pure **** since day 1. Compared to almost anything else on the market, it's the worst connection issues most gamers have ever seen (hyperbolic exaggeration I hope you'll indulge me). Any other game on my list, from the Gwent Beta, to the Sea of Thieves technical alpha, Battlefield 1 all the way to Battlefield 3, I could fire up right now, and actually play with not even a fraction of the issues.
What's more, and something I find personally grating and annoying, is when they announced the dedicated servers, they framed like it was something they'd come up with all on their own, when their own users had been saying it since the alphas. I believe the exact quote was "We did a full internal investigation...".

For Honor has issues, but I like the game, I want to see it improve, but I'm not above calling it as I see it.

Servers will work, we know that, but it also puts a lot of cost into maintenance which inevitably leads to the game shutting down its servers one day and thus make the game unplayable. If this P2P worked well, that would no longer be an issue.

With a microtransaction system in place since launch, I've no doubt those costs will be covered for many years, especially if the game actually becomes playable.

Halvtand
10-09-2017, 01:06 PM
A fair point, but even Battlefield 3s Beta was almost hilariously more stable. There's a long list of pre-release games, open Betas to technical Alphas, even just stress testing MMOs, that have had almost flawless connections compared to what For Honor has, 7 months after launch.
It's simply just inexcusable, what Ubisoft has done with For Honor.

You're entirely correct. The only counterpoint I have is that FH tried a new type of P2P-connection for their game whereas other eraly access-games, betas and whatnot often relies on some kind of server network or established P2P-protocol. I mean, I've been playing bloody Warframe for years and even when that first arrived it had a solid connection. Again, not disagreeing, only pointing out that it's not entirely the same thing. Had FH launched with servers I doubt we'd have this conversation.

Absolutely, developers should always be experimenting. And I agree; AAA games are stagnating. But I believe it has far more to do with consumer habits than focus groups. That For Honor blackout should have stayed in effect until the connection issues were fixed. That's the only language giant publishers like Ubisoft can understand; A very sharp, and very long downward arrow on the profit Powerpoint.
Gamers are just, too patient and/or stubborn.

Well, the problem is that focus groups are used to predict consumer habits, and most of the time people on those groups lie. Ok, not lie per se, but they change their opinion to match the (perceived) popular opinion. That's the problem with pack animals, we go with the group. Had focus group members been anonymously interviewed alone I think games today would look very different. Despite this we got ourselves a cool 3rd person melee brawler here and I'm very happy about that.
I can't say I agree that the blackout was a good idea, I didn't partake in it, but I guess that's just a difference in perspective. I instead played as much as I could, but only the things that I found to be broken, and as such provided precious data.

"Could have worked better" is an understatement dude, it's been pure **** since day 1. Compared to almost anything else on the market, it's the worst connection issues most gamers have ever seen (hyperbolic exaggeration I hope you'll indulge me). Any other game on my list, from the Gwent Beta, to the Sea of Thieves technical alpha, Battlefield 1 all the way to Battlefield 3, I could fire up right now, and actually play with not even a fraction of the issues.
What's more, and something I find personally grating and annoying, is when they announced the dedicated servers, they framed like it was something they'd come up with all on their own, when their own users had been saying it since the alphas. I believe the exact quote was "We did a full internal investigation...".
Haha, yes, I completely agree. Although i myself have only experienced and real connection issues these last few weeks I am not a stranger on this forum and well aware that people are literally hating it. It is a problem, a huge one that needs to be fixed if the game is to survive and thrive. Dedicated servers is a good thing, yes, and I laughed when I heard the announcement as well.

For Honor has issues, but I like the game, I want to see it improve, but I'm not above calling it as I see it.

There is no such thing as "being above" calling out ********. The way i see it, we call it because we love it. We're still here because we like the game for what it is or could be, and we call out the stuff that isn't up to snuff, for a brighter tomorrow. The only thing I wish was more prominent on this forum is some actual constructive criticism instead of fifteen "Nerf this"-threads after each patch.

With a microtransaction system in place since launch, I've no doubt those costs will be covered for many years, especially if the game actually becomes playable.

Yeah, one would think so. While I do think it's true that the costs will or would be covered for a long time, I also think that Ubisoft is a profit-driven company like all other AAA-devs and once the money stops rolling in the game starts to die. Capitalism!

Ulrichvonbek111
10-09-2017, 01:21 PM
Yes the description and rules on the Nat for Ranked mode are also not living up to their promise..
It was stated by the Devs that those with red Nat wouldn't be able to take part in the Ranked mode.
Answer to that is total and utter bull,,I have lost count the amount of times a final has been stolen from me because someone wether cheating or through no fault of their own has had an overwhelming advantage because of their lagging red Nat...
Devs you stated those with red Nat wouldn't be able to enter Ranked mode. ..among a lot of other bull you've come out with.
It's endless,,it's insulting and without due diligence.

RatedChaotic
10-09-2017, 01:48 PM
Exactly......it didnt help at all. I doubt they bring this up in the Warriors Den. If they do it will be......Dedicated servers are coming but no ETA on it yet..We been trying for almost a year but no eta...Sad that this game could be so good but fails in the only part that will make it that good.

When your grouped with friends and a red nat player enters the game. We all take bets whos going to be out first and whos going to be stuck with bots when the red nat crashes the game......Sad.

I literally laugh out of my couch when I hear all this tournament crap on the Warriors Den. Have one of those guys use a red nat and experience what most of us experience when you do your tournaments. Of course I cant say all of us because theres always that guy that comments...."I dont have this issue". BS you dont.

Ulrichvonbek111
10-10-2017, 02:16 AM
This is the 12th post on this matter and STILL no reply...
I speak for many who have got superior internet connection only to be experiencing the worst in fame lags and disconnection because of players with red Nat..

Yes the Ranked Tournament mode is broken,,for many of the red Nat players are winning against players with green Nat because of the lag issues.
The Devs and Co. claimed the red Nat players would be unable to enter...ONCE AGAIN BULL..CONSTANT BULL..ETA BULL..

Helnekromancer
10-10-2017, 03:42 AM
Atm I'm waiting for my Finals match for about 30mins, the timer went to 0 saying the match will start soon and the other 2 players still haven't finished their match. If i leave i get a penalty and get my Tournament win stolen from me after going through so many turtles and lag switchers. They will have Green Nat and as soon as they get close they flicker red nat and all these yellow icons appear above my screen. It's very annoying and frustrating.

I finally goten Green Nat so it isn't my side at ault.

RatedChaotic
10-10-2017, 03:25 PM
Again last night....multiple red nat players. Multiplayer is a mess. I dont get much in VA disability but I'm a gamer and I spend alot of it on my internet connection. Ya its not that super high speed stuff. But my 60mb business cabled connection is strong enough to handle any online game. I'm sure about that. I've ran multiple WoW accounts in a raid before with no issues. I'm amazed there are players that will defend this crap. Every pvp game I've entered this weekend has had one or more red nat players.

I'll be fighting....so and so left....resynce....so and so joined resynce...so and so left....Game crash. I'd look at the scoreboard and its always these red nat players.

In the brawls I seem like I connect to someone on Easter Island using satellite wifi during a thunderstorm. Its not fun fighting a red and yellow nat player combo every game. The conqs heavys are like pk light spams only faster. Red Nat pks must have buried their face in a meth bowl before the fight... lol

I'm done with this games pvp til you get dedicated servers. Kinda makes me wanna go wireless and move my modem far as hell from my xbox. Download games and connect every device in my house so I'll get a red nat and be on an equal playing field with these people.

Horrible multiplayer experience this weekend. Keep trying to fix this p2p tho. I'm sure you might get it in 2028. New doesnt always mean its better.

I'm done here.

RatedChaotic
10-11-2017, 02:45 AM
This is the 12th post on this matter and STILL no reply...
I speak for many who have got superior internet connection only to be experiencing the worst in fame lags and disconnection because of players with red Nat..

Yes the Ranked Tournament mode is broken,,for many of the red Nat players are winning against players with green Nat because of the lag issues.
The Devs and Co. claimed the red Nat players would be unable to enter...ONCE AGAIN BULL..CONSTANT BULL..ETA BULL..

I havent tried the tournment because of this issue.....Now dont get me wrong...I found some good green nat players I've added as friends...BUT...I've ran into so many red nat players its better to play vs ai with matchmaking or custom games with these friends(for me anyway) than do any pvp in this game on xbox. I can handle a red nat player on my team. Some even bounce from red to yellow to green back to red.... But VS a solid red one is a completely different story. PvP vs Red Nat players sucks.....

No Company response and No forum "Try Hard" responses. Imagine that.....Maybe I try too hard..

RatedChaotic
10-12-2017, 09:13 PM
Again today.. First Multiplayer Match....Red Nat player...Of Course he was the leader 11-0...Even a player quit and caused a resync...I stopped playing and just watched. Everyone was green but his. From viewing the scoreboard majority of the match. Lemme guess its a "bug".This was Skirmish for the contract on Xbox.

Ya they dont accept "D**KY" questions!!!!

I had "I love this Game" and "Please" in my private msg..... Eric Pope...Geez...and people wonder why I play vs AI solo or prefer being a Pve player in this game. Well this thread is why!!!!

The big news better be "Dedicated Servers are Live Now" or take that news and you know what to do with it......"Salt Life"...Thread Closed I imagine..and possible ban for infractions...Figures..My words have been spent anyway..

RatedChaotic
10-13-2017, 12:36 AM
Been stuck in Tournament Mode waiting for next match for 45 mins now....In finals...Logged in typed this. Went back. Still waiting. Edited this message still waiting.

RatedChaotic
10-13-2017, 12:40 AM
Theres a Red Nat in this tournament I'm waiting on. After I fought him the next player quit which moved me into the finals. The red nat player has won all his matches. Imagine that.

RatedChaotic
10-13-2017, 12:45 AM
Ok....Im taking the penalty..I leveled my toon on my phone to 10 just waiting. I went through the 20 min wait. Got. to your match will begin soon....40mins later I'm still waiting..Yep took the penalty. That red nat pk can have his tournament win. I'll stay with playing vs AI still dedicated servers come. Thank you for a great multiplayer experience.