PDA

View Full Version : Devs Ask Space Monkeys #2

UbiBorghal
10-06-2017, 08:51 PM
http://static2.ubi.com/pxm/BGE2/forums/BGE2_Pirate_ConceptArt_DevsAsk2-1200.jpg

Attention, Space Monkeys! The time is now. The devs have questions and you have the answers. Head over to the BGE Blog and answer the latest question, related to that mysterious pirate you see up there.

http://ubi.li/tzf5f

WiwarK9
10-08-2017, 08:04 PM
For people who don't know look for "day of the dead" in google and you will found a lot of mexican wearing the same make up. Also the people that practice the cult of the santa muerte are in conflict with christians it could explic why he have a crossed cross on his front.

Now Santa muerte is a personification of death, she is associated with healing and protection i don't know if i really want to see this character "raising hell" even if his look is quite scary.

Legion-495
10-09-2017, 06:55 AM
Seems like we will see even more posts. :) I really like dat.

jakkt15
11-10-2017, 07:58 AM
I would say the focus of a pirate is more than just crime or destruction, its about going after what you want no matter the consequences. So yes while stealing, fighting, deception, and death is a natural part of the pirate lifestyle I hope to see an equal amount of giving, saving, respect, and camaraderie. (Like a more dangerous/ r-rated/ not hero, not villain, but can be whichever/ guardians of the galaxy).

sialokutus
11-16-2017, 04:40 AM
Saving the universe is not a bad option, but destroying it also takes advantage of it.
The pirate of the image is clearly a hybrid hunter, he is a wolf, as the tattoo of the hand indicates, not everyone can be done with specimens given to flight and more if it is a beast out of the fights of the coliseums, or escaped from some mafia with price on his head.
I would like to be a bounty hunter, who when he is not hunting is competing in races of all kinds for a handful of credits, and of course one wins friends and enemies.

bloodysugar
11-21-2017, 09:27 AM
Pirates primaly were guys fleeding from despotism. The story of the Bounty say it all : they were opponents to authoritarian oligarchy, they organized mutinies to escape from exploitation and became rebels, they had to build an other system and they did it in opposition to what they fleed from so they invented rules of self management (like democratic systems were each member of a crew had a voice during votes, wealth share of stuffs they robed to royal and merchant fleets, and even proto forms of health care systems). They used terror to scare the **** out of their enemies in order to win battles the fastest they could to limit their own injuries but this image been also used against them by despots who didn't want their people to get interested by their will of freedom and equality.

But in the end they were just humans and many social experiments they did ended badly, like on Pitcairn Island were the Bounty mutineers killed each others. They were utopists looking for a perfect society but between despots attacks and their own imperfections they been not strong and wise enough to avoid their extinction. Maybe the game could ask this question (and give elements to answer it) : how pirates could have established their self management systems for good ?

At least I feel it would be awesome if the game would talk a bit about these elements in the story line but also in the gameplay.
For exemple...

There could be a guild system allowing players to form fleets, and so there could be choices of politic regulations :
- Democratic : One man one vote. Each member of a fleet can vote when big calls need to be decided, even NPC could vote (depending on their own stories and their relation with the captain) and the player have only its own vote. The majority wins and even if the minority disagree with a decision, like a battle to be made, they must follow what the majority has decided.
- Anarchist : Decisions are made only inside each ship, not by vote but by argumentation ending on agreements. Then on guild decision each ship does wathever he wants.
- Oligarchic : Pyramidal system. On ships captains decide everything and the guild is ruled by the strongest captain. Everybody has to do like decided by superiors.

Of course this would be useful only if the game has a guild system and gives choices to be done, like attacking together an other fleet, making a raid on a city, choosing a spot to build a base camp (like Tortuga Island) or if the game provides a vote system internal to each fleet so players can submit their own subjects of vote. If there's no need of that it would be nice anyway to have some cutseens/dialogs in the story referring to self management systems.