PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane questions

DmdSeeker
05-16-2004, 05:49 AM
Hello all; I'm currently flying the BoB offline campaign (IL-2 FP + Aces), and I'm a bit puzzled by a couple of things:

1) Trim: trim response seems extremely erratic; wither from the keyboard or my cougar. Am I correct in thinking the Hurri does indeed have trim in all three axes? If so; are there any cockpit indicators (moving wheels or levers, etc)?

2) Fuel mixture: According to disk 2; the Hurri has a manual fuel mixture control; but it doesn't seem to do any thing. Again, any cockpit indicators?

3) Supercharger gearing: again, any cockpit indicators to tell you which gear you're currently in?

Thanks for any replies.

DmdSeeker
05-16-2004, 05:49 AM
Hello all; I'm currently flying the BoB offline campaign (IL-2 FP + Aces), and I'm a bit puzzled by a couple of things:

1) Trim: trim response seems extremely erratic; wither from the keyboard or my cougar. Am I correct in thinking the Hurri does indeed have trim in all three axes? If so; are there any cockpit indicators (moving wheels or levers, etc)?

2) Fuel mixture: According to disk 2; the Hurri has a manual fuel mixture control; but it doesn't seem to do any thing. Again, any cockpit indicators?

3) Supercharger gearing: again, any cockpit indicators to tell you which gear you're currently in?

Thanks for any replies.

Erbriac
05-16-2004, 06:10 AM
1) Same as Spitfire. Next to impossible to trim for level flight. Don't have any problems trimming in any other AC but this gives me a headache.

2) and 3) dunno.

312_Wraith
312. (Czechoslovak) Fighter Sq. RAF

Taylortony
05-16-2004, 06:32 AM
Not all aircraft have trims on all axis, aileron trim on a single is pretty much useless unless you have independant fuel systems as you do not need to compensate for a shift in weight from one side to the other.... The way these were trimmed for variances in build were to dope a section of string to the trailing edge of the wing flying low, the resulting weight of the string would drop the aileron in flight a tad to bring that wing up... minor adjustments to this to get it spot on were by trimming a section off this cord with a pair of scissors, hence the term trimming.......................... there you go History in action http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif