PDA

View Full Version : Water layer radius

Canadian Beer42
10-03-2017, 02:36 PM
Pretty please with sugar on top let us be able to adjust the radius of the water layers in the editor. As well as switch between using a circle or square. The most frustrating thing was trying to make a small stream above the natural ground level leading to a waterfall. But the water layer was far too big, so you would have to make the land above ground bigger than you want.

akilyoung
10-04-2017, 02:59 PM
Not to be a ****, but its not a radius lol...its a volume in the shape of a square XD

This is something we asked for for past IGE's as well, and I am sure itll be easy for them to update, maybe make the square smaller (ie maybe quarter the current size???)

Even if the current size was quartered up, it would make a big different.

If the hole tool can be so small, I imagine they can even shrink the water tool down in the same fashion?

GhostWind905
10-05-2017, 01:34 AM
It would be awesome if the water layer size could be as small as an individual square like the hole tool. You could create a narrow elevated water way, or multi level sewer system. The other thing I would like updated about the water layers, is that if a water layer is above the environment water level, then the environment water level should not be visible. It kind of ruins the visual when you are under water and you look down to crashing waves.

Steve64b
10-05-2017, 11:15 AM
I wish there would be a water 'object' instead, like a volumetric cube of water. It would enable all sorts of creative maps. You could have an Infinity Pool on a balcony while still allowing players to walk underneath it. Or you could make an underwater air pocket, cave or multi-level water 'fountain' like this:
https://secure.img1-fg.wfcdn.com/im/19675054/resize-h600-w600%5Ecompr-r85/3236/32363651/Resin+Multi+Level+Pouring+Garden+Grates+Fountain+w ith+Light.jpg

AW LOST SOLDIER
10-05-2017, 01:52 PM
Good idea.