PDA

View Full Version : gpf error fix

XyZspineZyX
04-02-2003, 03:28 PM
I had all those problems you guys did with the gpf errors but guess what. I figured out how to get the game to work and on a TNT2 video card... so all you people that said it couldn't be done, and you need to upgrade, YOU ARE ALL WRONG.....this is how you get it to work download a program called 3D analyze select the splinter cell exe file and check only the box that says force reference rast. and then run the game, the game will start without errors, if you still have problems try checking other boxes.

leason learned "don't give up" keep working the problem until it's not a problem anymore!!!!!!!!!!!

rich people got rich from screwing stupid people
stupid people are poor because they let themselves be screwed
I say screw you I'm smart, I"m even smarter then the ts here

XyZspineZyX
04-02-2003, 03:28 PM
I had all those problems you guys did with the gpf errors but guess what. I figured out how to get the game to work and on a TNT2 video card... so all you people that said it couldn't be done, and you need to upgrade, YOU ARE ALL WRONG.....this is how you get it to work download a program called 3D analyze select the splinter cell exe file and check only the box that says force reference rast. and then run the game, the game will start without errors, if you still have problems try checking other boxes.

leason learned "don't give up" keep working the problem until it's not a problem anymore!!!!!!!!!!!

rich people got rich from screwing stupid people
stupid people are poor because they let themselves be screwed
I say screw you I'm smart, I"m even smarter then the ts here

XyZspineZyX
04-02-2003, 04:09 PM
hi,
good news! thanks for the info!
where can I find and download that programme?

XyZspineZyX
04-02-2003, 04:26 PM
you can download 3D analyze here
http://www.tommti-systems.de/start.html
just go to the files section

XyZspineZyX
04-02-2003, 05:37 PM
Hmm, well Im running a Hercules Prophet 4500 (KYRO II) card and using the option yu mentioned it means I can get past the GPF and then teh intr4o movie starts

However when the movie finishes or if I press ESC to skip it the game freezes. Can any of the options fix the problem I'm having now

Or do I need a new video card?

XyZspineZyX
04-02-2003, 06:48 PM
This program may work for a few of you but it is NOT a supported means of running Splinter Cell. What you are doing is forcing the game to run in a manner other than what it was designed to run in, and that is not guaranteed to work. I hope it works for at least a few of you but Tech Support cannot help you with this and I will advise you all to just purchase a supported video card since alot of the newer games are requiring Hardware Texture & Lighting now as well.

Spamhain

XyZspineZyX
07-30-2003, 12:18 PM
i have the same card and the same problem...

XyZspineZyX
07-30-2003, 03:55 PM
I hope it works, but the game will look horrible, run slow and not even be the experience it's supposed to be. If you want to keep up with the times, I highly suggest a new card.

My system:

AMD XP 2400+ @ 2.13 Ghz (3000+ on the way)
1 gig of Corsair DDR PC2700 RAM @333Mhz
Radeon 9800 Pro video w/TV out core @434, mem @720
Windows XP SP 1
Microsoft Directx 9.0b
Antec TruePower TrueBlue True480 PSU
16x Antec DVD drive
24x10x40 Plexwriter CD-RW
1 Westerndigital 40 gig harddrive, master
1 Westerndigital 100 gig hdd, slave
XFX KT400 ALH Via mainboard, 4-in-1 4.48
Thermaltake Aquarius II liquid cooling system
Additional PC version help: