PDA

View Full Version : Freeze water option

AW LOST SOLDIER
10-03-2017, 09:45 AM
I would like to see an option to freeze any water placed on the map into ice so we can have frozen lakes. this could be done with user textures but those textures are too small and cause uniform patterning over large expanses due to bad joining, so user textures are no good for this type of thing.

Steve64b
10-03-2017, 11:38 AM
Can you give an example of the "user textures" you're referring to?

I can probably whip up something like this for my PC mod.

AW LOST SOLDIER
10-03-2017, 12:18 PM
Can you give an example of the "user textures" you're referring to?

I can probably whip up something like this for my PC mod.

When i say user textures im referring to the stock textures available in the map editor.

Steve64b
10-03-2017, 12:35 PM
Ah, so you're not talking about actually using water sectors, or placing ice 'snow' objects (on top of them). You're referring to a snowy terrain texture placed on the terrain layer.

I was more thinking of doing a water layer, then placing an 'icy textured' floor object on top of it. With any luck, if there is a partial see-through material that resembles ice, it'd be somwhat doable. On Far Cry 4 PC at least. ;)

AW LOST SOLDIER
10-03-2017, 12:51 PM
Ah, so you're not talking about actually using water sectors, or placing ice 'snow' objects (on top of them). You're referring to a snowy terrain texture placed on the terrain layer.

I was more thinking of doing a water layer, then placing an 'icy textured' floor object on top of it. With any luck, if there is a partial see-through material that resembles ice, it'd be somwhat doable. On Far Cry 4 PC at least. ;)

The way i would like to see it is - you set the water where you want it, then have an option to freeze to ice, then this option will lay down a high quality large ice texture over the water, then the water is removed and ice texture remains in it's place.

Fallen-Champ
10-03-2017, 01:10 PM
The Yeti DLC had some terrain that looked like frozen water I thought it looked good.
A water layer that is already frozen would look good - maybe 2 different types.

Fallen-Champ
10-03-2017, 01:40 PM
Frozen water layers with breakable ice on the surface and water underneath ^^
In FC4 there was that Hurk mission where you could break the ice from below, also had those excellent over hangs that you could shoot and they dropped to the floor killing players underneath - same as icicles in FC4 and in Yeti DLC that dropped when shot - Would love that stuff.

akilyoung
10-03-2017, 02:15 PM
Great Idea, and what Sab said is too!

In the water layers selection there should be 2, one solid frozen water and one breakable ice option...

Just when I thought I heard everything, this is a great idea!

I remember trying to mimick icy ponds in FC2 by turning the big concrete blocks sideways and adding a lot of fog.

Worked ok for back then, but a dedicated selection would be awesome!

Fallen-Champ
10-03-2017, 02:35 PM
You can see those over hang things working in the video below (I screwed up on the jetski and the other land vehicle - for some reason I thought the snow on them was new to the Yeti DLC but it was there all the time:o)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOfJW2kBD7M

Think I have a video somewhere showing the ice been broken in one of those Hurk Missions I will look for it.

Fallen-Champ
10-03-2017, 03:31 PM
No unfortunately it didn't carry over :( although Fino made a Yeti Mod for PC you had to have it installed for it to work, that allowed you to build maps with Yetis.
It is an opportunity Ubisoft missed because if they added in the Yeti Pack to the editor they could have charged - I don't want to be negative towards them because I have always been super critical in the past but nowadays going to be more positive but those DLC packs would add more life into the editor so if the price were right I think people would purchase them.

The actual Yeti DLC was poor and didn't feel finished but the assets would have been good to have and use in maps, hoping for better things with FC5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_epLB5W-Fg
Theres a map by Fino that has Yetis in it.

Steve64b
10-04-2017, 01:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PCHymzCOqI

Steve64b
10-04-2017, 03:00 PM
So you can exit the chimney if you spawn in it. But you cant go in it from outside. You have a mod to get the palm trees?
The Chimney is also a modded object I did, as by default its blocking volume forces the player out of it. I repurposed the chimney model, and added a custom 'tube' in there for blocking purposes so it's solid. Not a really nice solution, and inside the chimney are some occlusion issues, but it somewhat works. :P

The palm trees are a mod yeah, adding them as vegetation to the editor. The 'frozen water' the Quad lands on is a modded road (river spline), the semi-translucent blocks are modded concrete floor objects.

Fallen-Champ
10-04-2017, 08:07 PM
No it doesn't work like that Sab I wish it did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVC_bs4djWM&t=27s

That is a map I played on PS4 using Map Swapper the map is on PC.
Mods mostly work but some are missing, the palm trees don't appear to even work on PS4 they were in the map but don't show.

If you open the map in the editor they all vanish (all the mods are gone I think in place of them are red spawns usually at funny angles)
There was a chance using Xploder on PS4 that I might have been able to create a map on PC then port it to PS4 and re-sign the map as my PS4 Unique ID but at this point they are not allowing us to re-sign saves so I can't check to see if it works.