PDA

View Full Version : Why rage..

Sori061
10-01-2017, 09:19 PM
I think the title says it all... please ubi.. sort out this 'host' lost his\her rattle then game doesn't respond shiz...

UbiNoty
10-01-2017, 11:31 PM
We have a quit-penalty in place currently, and in 1.14 rage-quits will count as a loss to the person who quit - so hopefully this will make them think twice now as it won't just be a 10-minute timeout, it will affect their mmr and their W/L ratio.

ChampionRuby50g
10-02-2017, 05:25 AM
We have a quit-penalty in place currently, and in 1.14 rage-quits will count as a loss to the person who quit - so hopefully this will make them think twice now as it won't just be a 10-minute timeout, it will affect their mmr and their W/L ratio.

Does this include players who quit the game manually on Xbox (dashboard button, or the Xbox button, then scrolling to FH and quit) or for PC what I guess alt-4 is?

Devils-_-legacy
10-02-2017, 02:19 PM
Ps4 to

Jazz117Volkov
10-02-2017, 02:32 PM
I completely agree with the sentiment, and it's great you guys (Ubi) have put in a little infrastructure to combat the quitting.

However.

This game is a salt grinder. I sit in so many lobbies where one side will be getting thrashed: stomped on, ganked, ledged, taunted, repeat, told they're trash, etc. sometimes it's my team, sometimes it's the other team. Either way, there's nothing I can do but ask the other players to calm it down and try to have fun, but rarely does it work. Everything happening in the game supports this behaivour, and for the most part, favours it. A players integrity only goes so far, eventually, someone will quit, and sometimes I have a hard time getting annoyed about it. They're just trying to play the game but they get abused in every possibly way you be abused while playing a video game.

On top of that, the matchmaking frequently stacks experienced players against new players and refuses to shuffle between matches, so it's a constant bloodbath. Two veterans slaughtering four newbies while myself and the other guy sit at B and discuss the finger points of minion animations.

"Lost Connection To Host."

What a surprise...

mrmistark
10-02-2017, 06:47 PM
I completely agree with the sentiment, and it's great you guys (Ubi) have put in a little infrastructure to combat the quitting.

However.

This game is a salt grinder. I sit in so many lobbies where one side will be getting thrashed: stomped on, ganked, ledged, taunted, repeat, told they're trash, etc. sometimes it's my team, sometimes it's the other team. Either way, there's nothing I can do but ask the other players to calm it down and try to have fun, but rarely does it work. Everything happening in the game supports this behaivour, and for the most part, favours it. A players integrity only goes so far, eventually, someone will quit, and sometimes I have a hard time getting annoyed about it. They're just trying to play the game but they get abused in every possibly way you be abused while playing a video game.

On top of that, the matchmaking frequently stacks experienced players against new players and refuses to shuffle between matches, so it's a constant bloodbath. Two veterans slaughtering four newbies while myself and the other guy sit at B and discuss the finger points of minion animations.

"Lost Connection To Host."

What a surprise...

Yeah, sometimes I get teamed up with newbies as well, though to be fair sometimes newbies are REALLY surprisingly good. (I met one the other day, not a hero over level 12 parrying light attacks! He said he watched like 3 extensive vids and practiced for about an hour....like what haha, anyways...I digress) but when they are not, you feel it. The most you can do is your best and try to help the others out as much as possible. I think (whether they like it or not) I tend to chaperon, for lack of better words, and make sure there's no 2v1 situations against them.

Sori061
10-02-2017, 07:45 PM

The thing is, on the PC version you are saying there is a penalty, but the game freeze's unplayable, I have to ctrl alt del out of the game exit get no reward then enter the game hoping for the 'host' not to do this at the end of the game again.. brought this game with high hopes of it being fun, but seem's like a call of duty rage fest....