PDA

View Full Version : Nostalgia: Back to the good old days

Halvtand
10-01-2017, 07:54 PM
Today that thing that usually happens to others happened to me.
I'm currently at account rep 46, and queuing up for a dominion I landed in newb land. Me and my Rep 4 Sylvester Stallone cosplayer (LB) was up against a team where the highest rank was rep 2 (Accrep 8 I think). The game went predictably. I tried not to do to much, and thus allowing my team mates to get some much needed XP, but the whole enemy team did descend upon me at one time and did manage to put me in the mud.
After the match I felt kind of bad, our team won mostly because I went to the forward base and held it alone for almost half the game. A player like me should not fight players like them. So I toggled chat to "all" and wrote "I'm sorry, I should not have been here". Winning is fun, sure, but when the gap in skill is too wide it's not fun anymore.

The reply I got was terrific.
Not only some homophobic slurs and what I guess was a general agreement that I should not have been in the game... But an "And you shouldn't push people off ledges like a f*****t either".

I felt all warm and fuzzy inside. Reaching for my blanked and cup of hot chocolate I was filled with a nostalgic feeling. I realised that I hadn't seen someone openly and angrily complaining about getting pushed to death in a long time. That used to be almost every game back in February. This is the For Honor I love and remember, not this exploit-crap.

This game was better when your biggest complaint was being thrown to your death. I kind of miss it.

UbiInsulin
10-01-2017, 08:02 PM
Well, I'm glad this could give you a pleasant trip down memory lane I guess? In any case, please go here (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000026238/For-Honor-Report-a-Player-FH-PC-XB1-PS4/) if you'd like to report the player who used homophobic slurs. That's not something we tolerate.

Halvtand
10-01-2017, 08:52 PM
Well, I'm glad this could give you a pleasant trip down memory lane I guess? In any case, please go here (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000026238/For-Honor-Report-a-Player-FH-PC-XB1-PS4/) if you'd like to report the player who used homophobic slurs. That's not something we tolerate.

Thank you for pointing it out. Can't be stated too many times. I'm going to have to give this guy a free pass though as I cannot remember the user name and have no footage.