PDA

View Full Version : AGAIN For Honor causing INTERNET OUTAGE

lazerg20555
10-01-2017, 10:08 AM
For those who are reading this again and are too thick to believe this is the case, I am going to repeat myself. This is what is happening while attempting to play For Honor.

1) I enter For Honor
2) I enter multiplayer, Dominion
3) I check NAT type is OPEN to make sure everything is in order
4) I find a game
5) I enter the game
6) One of two things happens here:

a) While finding game: I get disconnected from Ubisoft ERROR 7-00000004.....disconnected from Steam...and disconnected from the internet.
b) Found a game: Enter it, 2 mins later I get disconnected from Ubisoft ERROR 7-00000004.....disconnected from Steam...and disconnected from the internet.

7) I troubleshoot connection problems
8) Error found: The DNS server is not responding.

Yes, same error every time, connection-wide, throughout the entire house.

What in God's name....is this?

Jarl.Felix
10-01-2017, 12:15 PM
*Ubisoft at it's finest*

Halvtand
10-01-2017, 01:24 PM
*Ubisoft at it's finest*

Blaming the company because it could not at all be the fault of someone downloading GTA V at the same time.

Jarl.Felix
10-01-2017, 03:42 PM
Blaming the company because it could not at all be the fault of someone downloading GTA V at the same time.

Logic ? Do you even have it ?

What you say now is like : If they exploit the delay bug by downloading a game while playing it's not the dev company fault. Well actually it is. Any other game would sanction the downloading player and give him all the mess not me who is unfortunate enough to play against him.

Halvtand
10-01-2017, 03:54 PM
So you're mad at the company, and putting all the blame on them. The same guys who are out there every week, streaming, answering questions, providing us with content and most importantly - are actively working to collect data on what exactly is going on and how to stop it.

Instead of being mad at the actual players who have found a weak spot and is doing everything they can to use it, even to the point where their actions are directly interfering with your entertainment. They get none of the flak, but it's Ubisoft's fault, 100%.

I get it, they produced a sub-par product. There are obviously weak spots in it, and something needs to be done. But how about we actually give them a break, let them work it out (while we keep giving them the precious bloody data they love so much) and instead give the wankers who are actively seeking to destroy the entertainment value of this game some of that attitude, eh?

Otherwise, you're too busy being mad at the cinema for selling popcorn, that you're not even thinking about telling the guy who's throwing it at everyone to sit and zip.

Halvtand
10-01-2017, 09:49 PM
Give them a break? **** them! THis error has been around since patch 1.09. They have had more than enough time to "work it out". Get off Ubisoft's ****

Thank you for demonstrating my point so eloquently.

Devils-_-legacy
10-01-2017, 10:18 PM
Why don't you wait for the dedicated servers it's not even Far away. this thread will be redundant in like 2 weeks lol

stevieg290
10-05-2017, 04:14 PM
Hi there,

I have this exact same issue!!!!

Do you know how to fix this at all???

Anyone at all?

cheers stevie g

guor6800
10-05-2017, 05:15 PM
Hi there,

I have this exact same issue!!!!

Do you know how to fix this at all???

Anyone at all?

cheers stevie g

Yeah i have found a solution. Change to a game that actually works. Problem solved.

ChampionRuby50g
10-05-2017, 08:47 PM
Been playing this game since release, and have never ever come across this. First I've heard of a game causing internet outage. Sure you aren't over exaggerating?

DoctorMcBatman
10-05-2017, 08:55 PM
Been playing this game since release, and have never ever come across this. First I've heard of a game causing internet outage. Sure you aren't over exaggerating?

I've been playing since beta and never come across this myself. But, I have seen several threads here noting the issue, and on reddit as well. I haven't seen an official acknowledgement from mods/devs about it - I assume it would be too embarrassing for them to admit if true. The other possibility is they have no idea what causes it, and are hedging their bets it's the player's fault and not theirs.

But a bunch of people have reported temporary household-wide loss of internet connection suspiciously right after they play/crash FH. So...

gj4063
10-05-2017, 08:58 PM
My son and I both play on xbox. (He's better then me; teenage reflexes. I gave Thresh a run for his money back in the day) . When we team up (we're on FIOS fiber and have no problems with other games, xbox our pc) we get a maximum of one match together before things get...weird. we both get matchmaking errors and have to reboot the game. But the real reason I'm posting here is that w twice we had issues to the point where we had to reboot the router cuz home internet went out with game going down (hell hath no fury like a teenage girl having to leave her room cuz Wi-Fi went down).

SwellChemosabe
10-05-2017, 09:03 PM
you know, now that i think about it i think this might have happened a couple of times to me as well.

now granted, i also run several different things at once in my abode that require wifi so maybe throwing some complex p2p based multiplayer game into the equation might be a bit too much and be the catalyst that ends with my router completely shutting off for 30 minutes at a time.

i like to have background noise when i do things like clean or play video games so i'll have an episode of some show or other running on my laptop, if i want to drown that out for a few minutes while i get in the zone for a match i turn on pandora, and i also use social media through my phone. so maybe it's just an excess of devices or applications running through the wifi all at once and it's just not strong enough?

I highly doubt that ubisoft has anything to do with it but if they could look into it i'm sure we'd all very much appreciate it.

disclaimer: i'm not any kind of techie so the example i just gave may not even be related but i figured it might help single out whatever the issue is.

Malyngo
10-05-2017, 10:16 PM
To get to the bottom of this, it probably would be super helpful to get a common denominator for the people that have this issue.
For example: Are all people that have this connected via WiFi? Are they all using a cable modem, or DSL? XBox, PC or PS4?

There is probably something about the network setup that is causing this problem. Might not even be that For Honor is causing this specifially, but might be something that happens in some other games as well.

(I had it one time, that in a game ocassionally, it wouldn't take my mouse and keyboard input for a second or so. Was very mad at the developers. Then it turned out it happened also in another game. And another. In the end, it was my USB controller that was the issue)

Ianoneshot
10-05-2017, 11:58 PM
This could be that YOUR internet is bad or something of the sort. So don't blame Ubi for a problem that may not be theirs.

gj4063
10-06-2017, 02:23 PM
This could be that YOUR internet is bad or something of the sort. So don't blame Ubi for a problem that may not be theirs.

You know, dude, I'd give everyone posting connectivity issues the benefit of the doubt about it not being their internet. Is FH the only game you play? It certainly isn't in my house and this is the only game, Xbox or pc all hardwired to FIOS router, with any sort of networking problems.

DoctorMcBatman
10-06-2017, 02:43 PM

Have you read the thread? Many other people have reported this same/a very similar issue. It could be that all of these individuals' internet failed irrespective of For Honor... but that is unlikely given the volume of reporting. All of the cases I've seen have read the same: they play FH, it crashes, and then they lose internet for anywhere from 5-30 minutes. Though, resetting the router seems to also work in some cases.

It may not be FH directly causing the issue, but it seems to me there is at the very least an indirect correlation. After all, why do these individuals have this happen with only this game?