PDA

View Full Version : Stop Giving Redliners the Advantage

KotoKuraken
10-01-2017, 07:04 AM
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KotoKuraken/video/37254059

If there's no way to give the advantage to the player with good internet connection, at least let us back out of the match without penalty. No one should ever have to go through a match like this, because it's absolute bs. I could have set my controller down and done nothing, and the result would have been the exact same.

Redlining players should never have an advantage like this in the first place

SwellChemosabe
10-01-2017, 07:10 AM
you would think players with the worst connections are the ones with the disadvantage but clearly not.

Halvtand
10-01-2017, 10:19 AM
you would think players with the worst connections are the ones with the disadvantage but clearly not.

Sadly, that used to be the case in online gaming. Those with the best connections god he advantage. Sometime in the early 00's this changed. Game devs figured out that not everyone could afford to keep a great enough connection to properly play the game, but had a good enough one to flame them forums in the intarwebs. So more and more games tried to find ways of crippling the good connections to make sure that the bad connections didn't get left behind eating dust and old socks.

It's not an entirely bad idea, but when you have games like these where the connection can literally make or break a match and you give advantage to the guys who hotwired 15 potatoes together it just makes those of us who actually put time and resources into finding a stable ISP feel like crap.

Jarl.Felix
10-01-2017, 12:14 PM
Every god damn time i face a red / yellow nat it happens like this.

I still can't understand why should I be punished for his bad connection ?

RatedChaotic
10-01-2017, 02:47 PM
The best online gaming experience....oh wait wrong game forum.

Jarl.Felix
10-01-2017, 03:33 PM
"Ubisoft finished dead last for the second consecutive year, thanks in large part to finishing 2016 with the lowest average Metascore of any major publisher. Only 29% of Ubisoft's releases scored positive reviews from critics—lowest among all major publishers, sure, but actually an improvement over the prior year, when Ubisoft's success rate was just 18%."

This is Ubisoft..

Or the classic Joke : "Why is EA the worst company in America? Because Ubisoft is in France."

RatedChaotic
10-01-2017, 03:55 PM
In For Honor the phrase....

"Git Gud" = download stuff while playing or anything that bogs down your connection......lol

It will help you win...even if you have the best internet.

UbiNoty
10-02-2017, 12:21 AM
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/KotoKuraken/video/37254059

If there's no way to give the advantage to the player with good internet connection, at least let us back out of the match without penalty. No one should ever have to go through a match like this, because it's absolute bs. I could have set my controller down and done nothing, and the result would have been the exact same.

Redlining players should never have an advantage like this in the first place

That sucks and I'm sorry. If you can please send that exact video to us in a report (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315) - and then please PM me your ticket #. I want to send this up to someone for a closer inspection.

gj4063
10-02-2017, 04:05 PM
I had a great experience on Overwatch this weekend.

I'm 1v1 at zone C, doing fine...

Players out of sync....

come back to being halfway down one of the holes.

I took a video.

Thanks Ubi.