PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane MK1 too fast in dive...

XyZspineZyX
11-23-2003, 03:07 AM
Was playing against the AI and flying a BF109E. Dove to escape a Hurricane as it is a definite no-no to turn with them. Pulling negative G's, and speed approaching 700-800KM/HR, the Hurricane is still on my six pounding me (and I didn't let him get very close before I dove). From everything I have read and heard a BF109 should be able to outdive and outdistance at least a Hurricane? I love this game!! Not a complaint just something strange i wanted to share. Hurricanes were set to veteran level. Perhaps this is something that may be able to be addressed in the final version of 1.2. Thanks for listening....

XyZspineZyX
11-23-2003, 03:07 AM
Was playing against the AI and flying a BF109E. Dove to escape a Hurricane as it is a definite no-no to turn with them. Pulling negative G's, and speed approaching 700-800KM/HR, the Hurricane is still on my six pounding me (and I didn't let him get very close before I dove). From everything I have read and heard a BF109 should be able to outdive and outdistance at least a Hurricane? I love this game!! Not a complaint just something strange i wanted to share. Hurricanes were set to veteran level. Perhaps this is something that may be able to be addressed in the final version of 1.2. Thanks for listening....

XyZspineZyX
11-23-2003, 04:06 AM
I don't know about Hurricanes that much but justa note:

don't compare it with AI... they have very simplified flight model. Take someone with you in online game, then test.

<center><font color="lightblue">''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
RAAF Kuky</font>
Get my skins @ IL-2Skins ('http://www.il2skins.com/?action=list&authoridfilter=Edin%20"Kuky"%20Kulelija&comefrom=top5&ts=1064037392')

XyZspineZyX
11-23-2003, 05:47 AM
Thanks for the tip and info. Will do.

XyZspineZyX
11-23-2003, 06:06 AM
I've done some Emil VS Hurri tests online and it seems pretty good. The AI's FM is pretty simplified...they can do lots of things the real human FM's can't. Its a simplification so that the AI's can actually be run without slowing the machine to a dead crawl doing AI alogrithms. Small price to pay http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/temp_sig.jpg
"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." - Winston Churchill

XyZspineZyX
11-23-2003, 07:42 AM
-- Its a simplification so that the AI's can actually be
-- run without slowing the machine to a dead crawl doing AI
-- alogrithms. Small price to pay /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

No, something else is happening. In many ways DOS Flanker 1.0 had better AI dogfighters and you could run hundreds of those AI aircraft in combat at one time on a 133MHz Pentium. Maybe the AI over the FB is programmed in that Java stuff. What is that used for anyway?

XyZspineZyX
11-23-2003, 08:08 AM
One thing I've been wondering about, it really hasn't anything to do with the Hurricane, but if you dive the Bf-109G-6, can't remember if it was the "late", and overspeed the aircraft, the ailerons falls off? Okay, I would understand why the wings would fall of, but the ailerons? I didn't roll the aircraft so the ailerons should be covered from the effect of wind by the wing, and to my knowlegde there shouldn't be generated enough lift at the rear of the wing to rip the ailerons of?

rgds