PDA

View Full Version : prestige 40 xp bonus

Gastgrinder
09-30-2017, 04:29 AM
hey ubi
can we be rewarded with an xp bonus for all other heroes if we have a hero on prestige 40?

SwellChemosabe
09-30-2017, 04:45 AM
I would actually be totally ok with this.

we're about to have a total of 18 heroes, so for every hero you get up to rep 40 we could say maybe a 3-4% boost in xp gain. this would total anywhere from 54-72% boost once all heroes are maxed out.

Gastgrinder
09-30-2017, 04:52 AM
10% sounds nice

SwellChemosabe
09-30-2017, 05:35 AM
10% sounds nice

total or with each hero you reach rep 40 with?

the latter would result in 180% boost to xp gain which would cut down leveling for new heroes essentially by 2/3rds (I think, i'm not good with conversion into fractions)

not sure the devs would go that far.

champion status on it's own gives a 20% boost in experience, so maybe if it was increased by 2 percent each time, that means by the time you have every hero to rep 40 you'd be averaging a 52% boost, which would be pretty fair imo.

Gastgrinder
09-30-2017, 03:19 PM
10% for the first and another 2-3% for each next

Halvtand
09-30-2017, 03:20 PM
And the 10,000 dollar question is...!

Why?

Gastgrinder
09-30-2017, 04:20 PM
as a reward for the grind.
if I make 1 prestige lvl per week I need more like 13 years to bring all the heroes on prestige 40.
with reward it would be only 10 years ;)

Tyrjo
09-30-2017, 04:34 PM
I think it's a good idea. They should be very generous about giving XP imo.

Devils-_-legacy
09-30-2017, 05:47 PM
I'd be happy with more stuff for the hero paint patterns engravings or colours I don't think you should get a xp boost just because you have a hero to rep 40

mrmistark
09-30-2017, 07:14 PM
Though I agree that we should definitely gain much more xp for our time, I disagree about your point. Everyone should get the same boost. I get it, you want to unlock everything possible with your character, and that's cool, but that's a choice to not diversify your arsenal. You could have 5 rep 8, fully maxed out heroes that all look badass rather than 1 rep 40 just for the couple extra engravings and paint patterns? Bump the overall xp gain for everyone. No offense, kudos for you for rep 40, that's some dedication to a hero, but that doesn't make you any more special than anyone else. Not trying to be a jerk, but I don't understand your argument. If you want to play with exclusively one hero that's awesome, but your level with that character shouldn't affect any other characters. If anything, gaining xp should give a percentage to other heros in that faction, but I think other then low xp gain overall that needs a boost, its fine as is.

Tyrjo
09-30-2017, 07:19 PM
For me personally I never spend any steel on a hero until it's at level 9. Why spend hard earned steel on something that will be a waste very soon?

The easier it is to level up heroes, the greater the demand for steel will be (in my book). Which equals more potential revenue for Ubisoft through steel purchases.

mrmistark
09-30-2017, 07:49 PM
In my experience by rep 8 you should get the dropped legendary items with the stats you prefer. I don't spend any steel most cases. I just allow the drops to happen and get what I need.

Gastgrinder
10-01-2017, 03:43 AM
my highest hero is prestige 31, it was a long way until then.
if I imagine the same tortur still 17 times to make then goes any motivation lost.
with an xp bonus you know at least for what you worked.
The 30+ prestige skins are almost all garbage, way too colorful, I like it more authentic

SwellChemosabe
10-01-2017, 04:00 AM
To be fair though, it's not like you absolutely have to get every hero to reputation 40.

I myself only use about 4 heroes (thinking about picking up a heavy and a vanguard later on) and my goal this season is to get all of them to rep 15 at the very least before i pick anyone else up.

I can understand wanting that sense of completion though. I myself have gone through and already seen rep 160+ players. Thing is not all of us have that kind of time, with or without a xp boost.

mrmistark
10-01-2017, 04:57 AM
But again, why should you get an xp boost for a rep 40 if I put the same time learning and perfecting 5 characters to rep 8 (which is more commitment because there is much more learning, thus more headache, practice needed, and tips and tricks to learn)? Your argument makes no sense to me. Again, here here to more xp, we all know getting each character to a rep 8 max gear is rough and a long path, but personally I think some time SHOULD be invested for this character. You don't deserve more xp because you neglected the whole roster but one character....I just don't understand how you feel like you deserve more xp than everyone else. I'm not knocking you choosing to play only one character, but that doesn't make you better or more deserving of xp than anyone else honestly.

Gastgrinder
10-01-2017, 05:21 AM
then an xp bonus for the overall prestige level, then all are satisfied.
for example, all 10 prestige 1% more xp.

bmason1000
10-01-2017, 08:11 AM
But again, why should you get an xp boost for a rep 40 if i put the same time learning and perfecting 5 characters to rep 8 (which is more commitment because there is much more learning, thus more headache, practice needed, and tips and tricks to learn)? Your argument makes no sense to me. Again, here here to more xp, we all know getting each character to a rep 8 max gear is rough and a long path, but personally I think some time SHOULD be invested for this character. You don't deserve more xp because you neglected the whole roster but one character....I just don't understand how you feel like you deserve more xp than everyone else. I'm not knocking you choosing to play only one character, but that doesn't make you better or more deserving of xp than anyone else honestly.I'm with this guy. I don't understand the logic behind this request at all. I get it, you don't feel like working through the reps again because it's hard and takes a long time but i don't see why someone should have the right to fast track through it.

Just a heads up, i have a rep 40. I understand the time that took.

UbiNoty
10-02-2017, 12:17 AM
hey ubi
can we be rewarded with an xp bonus for all other heroes if we have a hero on prestige 40?

I can bring it up as an idea. I do believe the team has said that they want to give more rewards for players who reach rep 40 before (but I think it's likely they were thinking more along the lines of unique cosmetics) - but still something to consider as food for thought!.

ChampionRuby50g
10-02-2017, 12:59 AM
To make things fair for everyone, I think that every 10 overall reps you earn, say earn 5 reps with Warden, 3 with Raider and 2 with Valkyrie the game will give you 10% more XP gain. Probably a bit much, but it would make the grind bearable.

Gastgrinder
10-02-2017, 01:50 AM
I can bring it up as an idea. I do believe the team has said that they want to give more rewards for players who reach rep 40 before (but I think it's likely they were thinking more along the lines of unique cosmetics) - but still something to consider as food for thought!.

Thanks!