PDA

View Full Version : old Mig 3 tips post ?

Saburo_0
05-01-2004, 09:04 AM
looking for some old posts that gave tips on flying the mig 3. I'm posting here because I didn't have any luck with the search function here. Maybe i just don't know how to use it right.
Of course as flight models have ben tweeaked if anyone cvare to share their ideas for flying the Mig I would really enjoy that!
Thanks,

Saburo_0
05-01-2004, 09:04 AM
looking for some old posts that gave tips on flying the mig 3. I'm posting here because I didn't have any luck with the search function here. Maybe i just don't know how to use it right.
Of course as flight models have ben tweeaked if anyone cvare to share their ideas for flying the Mig I would really enjoy that!
Thanks,

CooperF4E
05-01-2004, 12:25 PM
Stay at high altitudes (above 5,000 meters) if at all possible. That's unless of course you are flying the AM-38 powered MiG-3, in which case you're better off at low altitude. Either way the MiG-3 is more at home at higher speeds as well. It doesn't turn as well as any of the other Russian fighters or their Lend-Lease buddies (i.e. Hurricane, P-40, P-39, etc.). Also, I tend to use the wing-mounted gunpods because it really helps your firepower, which isn't as lethal as many of the other planes. If you use it correctly though you will do some damange and get some kills.

The main rules with the regular MiG-3 variants (I prefer the MiG-3ud overall) is to stay fast and if possible high up.

You can outrun most early to mi-war planes in the MiG-3 so it's good for BnZ attacks.

Franzen
05-01-2004, 12:54 PM
Most importantly, don't lose your energy.

Fritz Franzen

LEXX_Luthor
05-01-2004, 02:04 PM
Can't dive with the MiG, so not so much BnZ as Energy fighting. Keep speed high, always in a position to climb fast.

What I do in fights greater than 1v1 (especially large fights) is use speed to attack enemies who are behind friendlies.

"You will still have FB , you will lose nothing" ~WUAF_Badsight
"I had actually pre ordered CFS3 and I couldnt wait..." ~Bearcat99
"Gladiator and Falco, elegant weapons of a more civilized age" ~ElAurens
:
"Damn.....Where you did read about Spitfire made from a wood?
Close this book forever and don't open anymore!" ~Oleg_Maddox http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif