PDA

View Full Version : finally custom button layout for all platforms.

DrinkinMyStella
09-29-2017, 10:41 AM
I have been waiting for this for ages, just to be able to change GB to my right thumb stick so I have GB and CGB instantly :) butttt will everyone do they same and make getting a GB nearly impossible.

What buttons will you change around or are you happy with the current layout?

S0Mi_xD
09-29-2017, 11:32 AM
We will see, they said those layout are limited - it depends on what possibilities we will have and for which heroes I will use it.

DrinkinMyStella
09-29-2017, 12:18 PM
I saw in the brief clip posted by bouse where the layout can't be changed for the GB at least which I think is the main thing for me to change.

Vakris_One
09-29-2017, 12:27 PM
I didn't see a need for customisable button layouts to be honest. By having to use one uniform control scheme it puts everyone on a level playing field. Hardware and FPS advantage is the bane of PC gaming in tense competitive games like For Honor and to be honest I dislike games that cater to the try hards who min/max everything they can in the pursuit of the perfect meta because those types can only enjoy a game if they never lose a match.

Now we're just going to get the try hards configuring their controllers to with an inch of their lives for maximum meta advantage. You won't know for sure now whether you got beaten by the other person's genuine skill or because their controller layout is tailor made to offer them the utmost advantage for no additional effort.

And we can all say goodbye to ever landing a guardbreak. Everyone and their mother will put GB on the left hand bumper and we'll all become counter GB machines overnight. Might as well delete the guardbreak move from the game after this.

DrinkinMyStella
09-29-2017, 12:30 PM
I didn't see a need for customisable button layouts to be honest. By having to use one uniform control scheme it puts everyone on a level playing field. Hardware and FPS advantage is the bane of PC gaming in tense competitive games like For Honor and to be honest I dislike games that cater to the try hards who min/max everything they can in the pursuit of the perfect meta because those types can only enjoy a game if they never lose a match.

Now we're just going to get the try hards configuring their controllers to with an inch of their lives for maximum meta advantage. You won't know for sure now whether you got beaten by the other person's genuine skill or because their controller layout is tailor made to offer them the utmost advantage for no additional effort.

And we can all say goodbye to ever landing a guardbreak. Everyone and their mother will put GB on the left hand bumper and we'll all become counter GB machines overnight. Might as well delete the guardbreak move from the game after this.

on console there is a lot of latency so by me changing my GB button to my thumb stick means that my reaction could be quicker.

Malyngo
09-29-2017, 12:41 PM
Currently, on the XBox One you can change the layout of your buttons system wide.
On the PC, you can change the layout of your buttons system wide IF you have a Xbox One controller (I think it does not work with a 360 controller).
This can be done on both systems with the XBox Accessories app.

So even without this change, you cannot know if someone has remapped their buttons to something that suits them better.

On PC, you can't even know if someone is using Macros.

FredEx919
09-29-2017, 03:23 PM
We'll be expanding on this even more in the future. The upcoming patch is just the first run on this change.

Morxoley
09-29-2017, 04:26 PM
When is this patch going live?

DoctorMcBatman
09-29-2017, 04:28 PM
When is this patch going live?

Yesterday on PC - which would mean the 5th on console if it follows the usual "1 week after" rule.

Morxoley
09-29-2017, 04:37 PM
Is there any extra key customization for PC? As far as I know on PC there is best buttons config among all platforms.

Cheers

UbiNoty
09-30-2017, 12:29 AM
Yesterday on PC - which would mean the 5th on console if it follows the usual "1 week after" rule.

The 1.14 patch won't go live until next week for PC (as of yet TBD for consoles - but it should be no longer than a week after).

JonnyRuff
09-30-2017, 08:12 AM
Currently, on the XBox One you can change the layout of your buttons system wide.
On the PC, you can change the layout of your buttons system wide IF you have a Xbox One controller (I think it does not work with a 360 controller).
This can be done on both systems with the XBox Accessories app.

So even without this change, you cannot know if someone has remapped their buttons to something that suits them better.

On PC, you can't even know if someone is using Macros.

U can also do this on the PS4. I do it already, I have my GB mapped to the R3 which is the right analog stick clicked down. I found my reaction time wasn't quick enough because of my ping and latency cause of my strict NAT type. I was never able to counter any GB even when I was anticipating it now I can usually counter about 60% or so. I might try it to the L1 button but really don't want to have to recondition my muscle memory again.

SwellChemosabe
09-30-2017, 08:53 AM
Honestly i'm not even sure i could remap my controls without completely ****ing myself. I'm so used to the controls they way they are now that it'd take me an eternity to have to relearn it for the sake of convenience.

watch my get destroyed because i keep forgetting that i remapped GB/CGB to a different button on the opposite side of the controler 0_o