PDA

View Full Version : Warlord is Absolute Garbage Now, LOL

CromCCCXVI
09-29-2017, 10:06 AM
I hadn't played in a while, so at first I thought I just wasn't warmed up... and then I realized I just died in 3 hits, I also seemed much slower, and when I landed a head butt the follow up was easily blocked, making that entire move essentially worthless.

and then I saw the NERF, a nerf of like the 8th or 9th most played class, huh? Come to think of it, I didn't see a single other Warlord in 2 hours this morning/

Just to some it up.
-- the same health as everyone else (your dying in 3 hits essentially)
-- too slow to dodge
-- speed of light attacks apparently nerfed too? no longer viable you just sit there and get picked apart by faster classes
-- worst range in the game
-- an unblockable attack that does almost no damage and doesn't even stun long enough to land a follow up that won't be blocked

I get it, a friend mine said people were complaining about the high health- it was supposed to be the tankiest class right? so a full giant nerf was the answer?

In a game like this, you really should just look at the population, and ignore the complaining from the Meta classes- THE CLASSES NO ONE IS PLAYING DON'T NEED NERFED, LOL... it's pretty much the opposite.--

I guess I'll check back after the next update because playing a slow, squishy, no range, lousy attack toon is no fun.

Tundra 793
09-29-2017, 10:10 AM
I guess I'll check back after the next update.

That would be next week, and they do fix your Warlord. https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-302393-16/for-honor-v1141-patch-notes

Charmzzz
09-29-2017, 10:40 AM
I do not want to sound offensive, but do you have any idea of how good WL was since Release and how many tournaments he won? How much better his kit was (and still is) compared to others? How "unbeatable" WL was when he turtled, while having alot of safe-moves to kill the opponent? Do you even know that he still has the 2nd / 3rd highest HP in the game? That he had the best dodge recoveries in the whole game as a tank? Plus a feat combination that gave him extra damage, extra defense, extra HP and an auto-revive, all passive. Oh wait, I forgot the hyperarmor on heavy for superior trades due to his high health, strong parry punish, the unpunishable full-block-stance if the opponent does not have an unblockable attack / melee.

Gosh, sometimes I really don't understand these people. WL needed a nerf, he was on top of top tier since release.

Edit: If you don't believe me, have a look here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

-- the same health as everyone else (your dying in 3 hits essentially) -> WL still has 140 HP -> only LB and Shugo have higher HP pools (150/160 but Shugo loses this when his passive is gone)
-- too slow to dodge -> nothing changed, only recoveries got nerfed because they were better than even Assassins recoveries
-- speed of light attacks apparently nerfed too? no longer viable you just sit there and get picked apart by faster classes -> no change happened here
-- worst range in the game -> no change happened here -> there are classes with even lower range
-- an unblockable attack that does almost no damage and doesn't even stun long enough to land a follow up that won't be blocked -> they buff Headbutt again and the Light after never got changed, it was and still is guaranteed on that bullsh*t spammable super-safe move (glad they made it reactable in more cases)

S0Mi_xD
09-29-2017, 10:42 AM
Sooo ... you complain about nothing?

Nice :D

1. His health wasn't touched. So dying with 3 hits - your own fault getting hit by 3 hard heavies (they need to make a minimum of 47 dmg each to kill you) ? Edit: OH sry, I calculated with 130 instead of 140 hp xD 44dmg per hit would be still not kill with 3 attacks.
2. To slow to dodge? nope startup is the same, but recovery is different - yey you need to actually pay attention to the dodge timing like many other classes.
3. Speed wasn't touched... so 3 dmg less on light attack = useless, zero dmg, have no effect?
4. Worst range in the game? Never player berserker heh :D
5. I don't know to what you are referring ... the head butt follow up is still safe.
If you mean the parry counter, you still get a light attack out of it.

My conclusion - a spoiled player. Welcome to the reality.

(also, next week the dodge recovery get reduced abit again, but it will be still 100 ms more then you are used to)

SwellChemosabe
09-29-2017, 10:53 AM
well looks like we got ourselves a late bloomer here.

Hey there big fella, welcome to the new era. You're actually gonna have to put in some thought to your attack plan now.

rastassin
09-29-2017, 11:43 AM
LOL u were crying about Warlord just 5 days ago in another post of your..
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1752436-I-guess-there-were-some-changes-to-Warlord?highlight=Warlord+is+Absolute+Garbage+Now% 2C+LOL

Lyskir
09-29-2017, 11:43 AM
dont worry warlord will be high tier again next week

headbutt will be unpunishable again
dodge recovery will be 100ms better
and his lights will do more dmg again

FredEx919
09-29-2017, 03:02 PM
As others have already mentioned, there will be some Warlord changed in the upcoming patch (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-302393-16/for-honor-v1141-patch-notes). That should be live next week Oct 5th.

Netcode_err_404
09-29-2017, 03:09 PM
dont worry warlord will be high tier again next week

headbutt will be unpunishable again
dodge recovery will be 100ms better
and his lights will do more dmg again

That happens when you nerf a class that is the most picked up by "pros".

His nerf lasted 2 weeks. xD

Probably WL players that had to learn the game to win, were too much disappointed by the fact that they had to indeed learning to play

Lyskir
09-29-2017, 04:13 PM
That happens when you nerf a class that is the most picked up by "pros".

His nerf lasted 2 weeks. xD

Probably WL players that had to learn the game to win, were too much disappointed by the fact that they had to indeed learning to play

mhhh yeah

his headbutt should be punishable at least

every single meele attack should be punishable cause its just a very cheap move and does not require any skill

gj4063
09-29-2017, 04:43 PM
The recovery time buff was the only thing he needed.

And you guys crying about how op wl was, you're talking PC. Console is not the same.

Netcode_err_404
09-29-2017, 04:55 PM
The recovery time buff was the only thing he needed.

And you guys crying about how op wl was, you're talking PC. Console is not the same.

People already claimed that pc and console version should have a different forum. The problem with the console version, is that is just trash.

Cutting in half the fps=/= different meta/game

gj4063
09-29-2017, 04:58 PM
People already claimed that pc and console version should have a different forum. The problem with the console version, is that is just trash.

Cutting in half the fps=/= different meta/game
I agree. PC people shouldn't be so fast to jump down people's throats.

Netcode_err_404
09-29-2017, 05:01 PM
I agree. PC people shouldn't be so fast to jump down people's throats.

Absolutely agree, but console version is indeed trash designed.

bmason1000
09-29-2017, 05:44 PM
Absolutely agree, but console version is indeed trash designed.Other than the fps difference they're the exact same design. What makes console trash?

S0Mi_xD
09-29-2017, 05:52 PM
Other than the fps difference they're the exact same design. What makes console trash?

The funny thing is, the fps difference doesn't even matter that much like people think it would do.

The animation looks more telegraphed on pc, but the speed is the same :D

So basically the difference is only "huge" on attacks which are already bad telegraphed, like pk zone and similar short/bad animations.

gj4063
09-29-2017, 06:27 PM
Animations aren't always in sync with the time window to react.

UbiNoty
09-29-2017, 11:31 PM
We're working on updating animations (there's some coming in the next patch)

ChampionRuby50g
09-29-2017, 11:41 PM
Other than the fps difference they're the exact same design. What makes console trash?

The frames difference helps, but also controllers input and the refresh rate. Plz don't ask me to explain refresh rate in depth because I got no idea, but I think it basically works that if you have a monitor with 1ms refresh rate, the frames or screen refreshes a lot quicker so the attacks look more clear, and it's easier to react to. Someone smarter than I please correct me if I'm wrong! Most console players probably use a TV, but times when I've plugged my Xbox into even a standard monitor with nothing special about it the refresh rate is better and the difference was huge.

vgrimr_J
09-30-2017, 11:16 AM
why give a hero a spammable move with damage that cant be punished?