PDA

View Full Version : Graphics engine for PF?

Giantsfan24
07-03-2004, 12:47 AM
I know there will be new features added to PF but I just upgraded my system and was wondering if i would probably get the same performance that i get in FB? I really don't need perfect water and all that(but if my vid card can handle it, i will enable it). I guess my question is will PF basically be Il-2 FB with a little better graphics and new features(not to mention new planes). I would like to know that is i can run PF with above 25 fps all the time(i.e. over big cities and such), i can do the same with Il-2 fb aep. Here's my system:
Abit Nf7-S 2.0
Athlon3200+
1024mb pc3200 ram
G4 Ti4600 128mb(soon to be 9800 pro 256-bit 128mb)
Can I expect about the same performance out of PF as i have in Il-2 fb aep save maybe a few fps. All i really need is 25+ FPS all the time(i know my current system(with the 9800 instead of the 4600) will run above 25 fps all the time...even online.) It just sounds like PF will be using the same (of course upgraded) graphic engine. Is this true. Sorry for so many questions. Thanks

A truly wise man will always be humbled.

Giantsfan24
07-03-2004, 12:47 AM
I know there will be new features added to PF but I just upgraded my system and was wondering if i would probably get the same performance that i get in FB? I really don't need perfect water and all that(but if my vid card can handle it, i will enable it). I guess my question is will PF basically be Il-2 FB with a little better graphics and new features(not to mention new planes). I would like to know that is i can run PF with above 25 fps all the time(i.e. over big cities and such), i can do the same with Il-2 fb aep. Here's my system:
Abit Nf7-S 2.0
Athlon3200+
1024mb pc3200 ram
G4 Ti4600 128mb(soon to be 9800 pro 256-bit 128mb)
Can I expect about the same performance out of PF as i have in Il-2 fb aep save maybe a few fps. All i really need is 25+ FPS all the time(i know my current system(with the 9800 instead of the 4600) will run above 25 fps all the time...even online.) It just sounds like PF will be using the same (of course upgraded) graphic engine. Is this true. Sorry for so many questions. Thanks

A truly wise man will always be humbled.

Yellonet
07-03-2004, 02:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Giantsfan24:
will PF basically be Il-2 FB with a little better graphics and new features(not to mention new planes).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, that's about it.

- Yellonet

VW-IceFire
07-04-2004, 07:57 AM
Unless you turn on the superfantastic superwater with whitecaps and rolling seas you won't really need to do anything that doesn't already work on FB.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/tmv-sig1.jpg
RCAF 412 Falcon Squadron - "Swift to Avenge"

tfu_iain1
07-06-2004, 09:15 AM
and theres a lot less scenery down there being rendered... fancy water aside surely the environment is lower polygon than land ops?