PDA

View Full Version : Legion and Legion War Mode. Suggestion?

HumoLoco
09-27-2017, 07:53 PM
Thank to Halvtand for make it a clear.

There are two types of points:
Ladder points - Held by players, members a Legion.
Main points - Held by the Legion. (Maybe find a cooler name for this?)

When a Legion is formed it is given 5000 ( not 1000) Main points (default). Each member of a Legion is granted 1000 ladder points. As the legions do battle with each other, a victory will add main ponts to the Legion, while a loss will subtract main points. The amount of main points gained or lost is dependent on the actual players' (who are fighting) ladder points.
(team total ladder point / number of players * 0,01 = amount of ladder point each player will gain or lose and amount of main points the Legion will gain or lose)
When legions and players fight they steal points from each other. The total amount of main points in the game will always be X (X = amount of legions * 1000) and the amount of ladder points will always be Y (Y = amount of players * 1000).

Example:
Team1 vs Team2 in a 2v2

Team1 consists of 2 players with default (1000) ladder points. Team 1 has 2000 ladder points.
Team2 has one player with low ladder points (900), and one with high (1,203) ladder points. Team 2 has 2103 ladder points.

T2 lost to T1. The losing team and legion must now pay the winners. T2 lose 1/100 of their ladder points (2103*0,01=21,03 (Which I assume must be rounded up to a number that allows it to be equally divided) Which gives us 22 ladder points). Ladder point/number of players = points for each player. T1 will gain 11 points each while T2 will lose the same amount.
Now T1 both has 1,011 (1000+11) ladder points, and T2 lost an equal amount of ladder points, one has 889 (900-11) and other has 1,192 (1203-11). Legion 1 has gained 22( not 11) main points while Legion 2 has lost the same amount.

At second game is not the same team 2 from before.
At specific points, a modifier is applied to the equation. This is to keep players from getting stuck with a low value because of a few bad matchups and to stop good players from camping at infinite points.
At 500 ladder points the player is considered "low". As in low risk - high reward. If this player wins a match, a 50% modifier is added to the player's gained ladder points (this also affects main points).
A low player that should steal 4 points will therefore steal 6 points instead. Thus adding 6 points to the Legions main points rather than the standard 4.
At 1500 ladder points the player is considered "high". As in high risk - low reward. If this player loses a match a 50% modifier is added to the player's lost ladder points (this also affects main points).
A high player that should lose 12 points will lose 18, and as such cause the Legion to lose 18 main points.

Such a system makes it pretty easy for a good player to "get out of" low, and make his way to high. But a lucky player won't live long in high. Also, the points you gain are calculated from the team you won against which means that picking on weak targets will only give you a few points each time (and if you lose you'll give them a lot). And if you go after the big ones you might gain a lot of points, while losing little if you should lose.

The reason why I added an underscore to "player's gained / lost ladder points" instead of keeping the same numbers as the original offered is to stop "slingshoting". If the modifier was added to the team total gain/loss it would be easy to play 4v4 and get 3 really good high players and one low. For a nice 50% bonus for everyone. If this is applied to the individual players, the modifier can stack, which means that there might be a strategy in mixing the levels of the team.

What do you think of the Legion?

UbiNoty
09-27-2017, 11:36 PM
We are looking to see if we can implement a guild/clan system in the future, and a clan vs clan mode does sound cool - but I'm slightly confused as to the point system you're trying to describe

HumoLoco
09-28-2017, 02:51 AM
We are looking to see if we can implement a guild/clan system in the future, and a clan vs clan mode does sound cool - but I'm slightly confused as to the point system you're trying to describe

The point system.

player ladder point depend on how player choose 2v2, 3v3, 4v4. If 2v2, the the rest of them should be add to 0. but player have default ladder point is 1000.

if we choose play to 3v3 in clan vs clan mode.

player = 3

player ladder point = 1000, but its base on how much do they earn ladder points; the losers have 1010, 1040, 1300.

ladder point give to winner clan the main point = (player ladder point + player ladder point + player ladder point) * 0.01

ladder point give to winner players = ladder point give to winner the main point / players

would be this

(1010 + 1040 + 1300+ 0) * 0.01 = 33.5

33.5 / 3 = 11.1666 but round by whole number. so 11.

the 11 ladder point is give to the winner players. the loser players will lose 11 ladder points in total 33 ladder points.

the main point is base on the player's ladder point how much do they earn. the winner players earned 33 ladder points in game so their clan earned 33 main points. the loser clan will lose 33 main points because the loser players lost in game.

Halvtand
09-28-2017, 01:04 PM
sorry my english is not my primarily. what do you think of the legion?

We're having some difficulty understanding you. If it's not too much trouble, perhaps you could write it all in your native language as well, and see if someone else can translate it into English a bit better? I think you have a good idea going and I'd hate for the details to get ignored because of a language barrier.

Anyway, here is my attempt at making sense of this system:

When a Legion is formed it is given 1000 Main points (default). Each member of a Legion is granted 1000 ladder points. As the legions do battle with each other, a victory will add main ponts to the Legion, while a loss will subtract main points. The amount of main points gained or lost is dependent on the actual players' (who are fighting) ladder points.
(team total ladder point / number of players * 0,01 = amount of ladder point each player will gain or lose and amount of main points the Legion will gain or lose)
When legions and players fight they steal points from each other. The total amount of main points in the game will always be X (X = amount of legions * 1000) and the amount of ladder points will always be Y (Y = amount of players * 1000).

Example:
Team1 vs Team2 in a 2v2

Team1 consists of 2 players with default (1000) ladder points. Team 1 has 2000 ladder points.
Team2 has one player with low ladder points (900), and one with high (1,203) ladder points. Team 2 has 2103 ladder points.

T2 lost to T1. The losing team and legion must now pay the winners. T2 lose 1/100 of their ladder points (2103*0,01=21,03 (Which I assume must be rounded up to a number that allows it to be equally divided) Which gives us 22 ladder points). Ladder point/number of players = points for each player. T1 will gain 11 points each while T2 will lose the same amount.
Now T1 both has 1,011 (1000+11) ladder points, and T2 lost an equal amount of ladder points, one has 889 (900-11) and other has 1,192 (1203-11). Legion 1 has gained 11 main points while Legion 2 has lost the same amount.

At second game, team2 win they gained 4 ladder point add up to 8 ladder point but lucky their player has low ladder point so they add up to 12 ladder point but player will get 6 ladder point instead 4 ladder point.

I don't know about this part, but I have a theory. This is not the same team 2 from before.
At specific points, a modifier is applied to the equation. This is to keep players from getting stuck with a low value because of a few bad matchups and to stop good players from camping at infinite points.
At 500 ladder points the player is considered "low". As in low risk - high reward. If this player wins a match, a 50% modifier is added to the player's gained ladder points (this also affects main points).
A low player that should steal 4 points will therefore steal 6 points instead. Thus adding 6 points to the Legions main points rather than the standard 4.
At 1500 ladder points the player is considered "high". As in high risk - low reward. If this player loses a match a 50% modifier is added to the player's lost ladder points (this also affects main points).
A high player that should lose 12 points will lose 18, and as such cause the Legion to lose 18 main points.

Such a system makes it pretty easy for a good player to "get out of" low, and make his way to high. But a lucky player won't live long in high. Also, the points you gain are calculated from the team you won against which means that picking on weak targets will only give you a few points each time (and if you lose you'll give them a lot). And if you go after the big ones you might gain a lot of points, while losing little if you should lose.

The reason why I added an underscore to "player's gained / lost ladder points" instead of keeping the same numbers as the original offered is to stop "slingshoting". If the modifier was added to the team total gain/loss it would be easy to play 4v4 and get 3 really good high players and one low. For a nice 50% bonus for everyone. If this is applied to the individual players, the modifier can stack, which means that there might be a strategy in mixing the levels of the team.

Anyway, I'm not really sure I've understood this all correctly. But kind of like where it's pointing, and it would make a good addition to the faction war if guilds or clans actually could have a larger impact on the game.

UbiNoty
09-29-2017, 12:24 AM
We're having some difficulty understanding you. If it's not too much trouble, perhaps you could write it all in your native language as well, and see if someone else can translate it into English a bit better? I think you have a good idea going and I'd hate for the details to get ignored because of a language barrier.

When a Legion is formed it is given 1000 Main points (default). Each member of a Legion is granted 1000 ladder points. As the legions do battle with each other, a victory will add main ponts to the Legion, while a loss will subtract main points. The amount of main points gained or lost is dependent on the actual players' (who are fighting) ladder points.

Example:
Team1 vs Team2 in a 2v2

Now T1 both has 1,011 (1000+11) ladder points, and T2 lost an equal amount of ladder points, one has 889 (900-11) and other has 1,192 (1203-11). Legion 1 has gained 11 main points while Legion 2 has lost the same amount.

I don't know about this part, but I have a theory. This is not the same team 2 from before.

Anyway, I'm not really sure I've understood this all correctly. But kind of like where it's pointing, and it would make a good addition to the faction war if guilds or clans actually could have a larger impact on the game.

Makes a bit more sense now. So strategic play based on a player level and a trading point system? Sounds pretty neat and in terms of suggestions pretty unique as well.

HumoLoco
09-29-2017, 03:55 AM

Example:
Team1 vs Team2 in a 2v2

Hell yea that is what i talk about. I give a big respect you for help. Thank you a lot. Also i forget that Legion the default main point should be 5000 instead 1000. also Legion 1 has gained 11 main points while Legion 2 has lost the same amount. Legion 1 should gain 22 main points because the players has to be same legion. but all of them are good.

Makes a bit more sense now. So strategic play based on a player level and a trading point system? Sounds pretty neat and in terms of suggestions pretty unique as well.

Yea it is, the best for everyone playing this point system in the legion war. I would love to see it.

Halvtand
09-29-2017, 09:19 AM
Hell yea that is what i talk about. I give a big respect you for help. Thank you a lot. Also i forget that Legion the default main point should be 5000 instead 1000. also Legion 1 has gained 11 main points while Legion 2 has lost the same amount. Legion 1 should gain 22 main points because the players has to be same legion. but all of them are good.

Thank you very much. I have tried developing similar systems before, so I knew kind of where you were going with it. In the end it was actually fun to write it all out and see what it could become. I have high hopes for this, or something like this, and have started to think about other functions a "clan" system could bring to this game. Cheers.

HumoLoco
09-30-2017, 12:33 AM
Thank you very much. I have tried developing similar systems before, so I knew kind of where you were going with it. In the end it was actually fun to write it all out and see what it could become. I have high hopes for this, or something like this, and have started to think about other functions a "clan" system could bring to this game. Cheers.

Indeed.

So what about the reward/prize for this clan system? I could thought of unique gears and stuff for each heroes to obtain from the clan system reward. I am sure it would make them play even more.