PDA

View Full Version : Issues with posting comments on Mobile device

ChampionRuby50g
09-27-2017, 09:38 AM
I pretty much just wrote an essay in response to someone, and after I hit submit response, my internet on mobile (safari, iPhone) sent me to a blank page. I first checked through a different webpage on mobile to see if my comment posted, but it didn't. I refreshed the first page and nothing happened. Basically 20 mins of my life I'll never get back.
This isn't the first time this has happened either.
Hopefully this can be fixed soon.

Edit: Not sure if this is useful information, but it was on the suggestions and feedback forum, and when I opened the forums on a second web page, I was still signed in. Maybe because I was typing for so long it that page timed out? That's just an idea though.

UbiNoty
09-28-2017, 12:18 AM
Thanks for letting me know! Usually (on desktop) it'll save the draft every so often so even if you refresh it should still be there, but I'm not sure about how optimized it is for mobile. I'll send up the feedback to the forum guys.

ChampionRuby50g
09-28-2017, 01:49 AM
Thanks for letting me know! Usually (on desktop) it'll save the draft every so often so even if you refresh it should still be there, but I'm not sure about how optimized it is for mobile. I'll send up the feedback to the forum guys.

Can confirm it doesn't save anything on mobile. Few times I'm on desktop I've noticed that it saves and it's helpful. Cheers for reply (:

DadShowersWitMe
09-28-2017, 03:27 AM
Ive not only experienced this but evertime i try to post a comment i have to re log in with my xbox account and prove im not a robot. And everytime i try to make a ubisoft account it says invalid parameters. Anyone else having these issues?

ChampionRuby50g
09-28-2017, 06:11 AM
Ive not only experienced this but evertime i try to post a comment i have to re log in with my xbox account and prove im not a robot. And everytime i try to make a ubisoft account it says invalid parameters. Anyone else having these issues?

I can see your fairly new, as a junior member and only have 2 posts/comments. After you've been active and posting/commenting for a bit, I think it may be 30 or 50 times you'll become a regular member and won't have to enter the numbers and letters to prove you're real. Little confused on having to re log in though, not sure how to help you there sorry.

ChampionRuby50g
09-28-2017, 06:28 AM

Tagging you Noty so hopefully your notified of this:

But I also too just experienced what DadShowersWitMe (I failed at trying not to laugh) said in their comment. I was logged on still in the same session, typed in a comment and when tapped on post quick reply it said I was logged out. Going back a page said I was still logged in, so I went back through and logged in after I tried to comment to be directed back to the white screen with no comment posted.

fretti21
09-28-2017, 12:29 PM
Switch to Brave. Had problems whit chrome and firefox browsers on honor 7 lite.

SemperFortis201
09-28-2017, 06:02 PM
This is dadshowerswitme(xbox login) I made an account on my pc and logged on here hopefully it remembers my log in. Unfortunately it wouldnt let me make an account with my "innapropriate" name. Thanks for the captcha heads up thats a relief.

UbiNoty
09-28-2017, 11:48 PM
Tagging you Noty so hopefully your notified of this:

But I also too just experienced what DadShowersWitMe (I failed at trying not to laugh) said in their comment. I was logged on still in the same session, typed in a comment and when tapped on post quick reply it said I was logged out. Going back a page said I was still logged in, so I went back through and logged in after I tried to comment to be directed back to the white screen with no comment posted.

On PC this time? How long was this between when you logged in and tried to submit the post? And when you backspaced it might have seemed like you were still logged in, but did you refresh? If it still said you were logged in even though at first glance it seems like your session timed out then we'll need to investigate further.

UbiNoty
09-28-2017, 11:49 PM
This is dadshowerswitme(xbox login) I made an account on my pc and logged on here hopefully it remembers my log in. Unfortunately it wouldnt let me make an account with my "innapropriate" name. Thanks for the captcha heads up thats a relief.

As a new user you will probably have to go through that until either your account is a bit older and you've proven you aren't a bot. :)

ChampionRuby50g
09-29-2017, 12:03 AM
On PC this time? How long was this between when you logged in and tried to submit the post? And when you backspaced it might have seemed like you were still logged in, but did you refresh? If it still said you were logged in even though at first glance it seems like your session timed out then we'll need to investigate further.

Still on Mobile for this. Time since I logged in and tried to post that comment would be somewhere between 10-20 minutes, and in hindsight I wish I had refreshed, but it just didn't occur to me aha.

The_B0G_
09-30-2017, 12:10 AM
It happens to me on mobile too, if I start writing and don't finish, then continue an hour later, it gives me a blank page because I'm not signed in. Also with google chrome any time I try to edit a post, it deletes it completely. I had to go back to firefox.