PDA

View Full Version : Spaceship Focus: Merchant Mothership

UbiBorghal
09-26-2017, 06:56 PM
https://d2n2wmq66axz2i.cloudfront.net/ubisoft/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/26180525/BGE2_SMP_Mothership_V21-1024x803.jpg

Look at that beauty! If you want to read more about the Merchant Mothership, head over to the BGE blog!

http://ubi.li/8v4yv

WiwarK9
09-26-2017, 07:42 PM
THE BADDEST BO

**** i'm hyped again....

KIERROK
09-27-2017, 12:18 AM
That thing is MINE!

Legion-495
09-27-2017, 04:40 PM
Looks like something I would like to Stealth-Hijack.

ElPrimordial
09-27-2017, 07:21 PM
Some observations to share:

Chinese character on side and sail: 水 = water

the ship looks modeled similar to a whale, there is even an eye in it side and the oars(?) looks similar to flippers

the pattern on bow's ship is the chinese taoist symbol for ci (wealth) or shou (longevity)?

the fish painted near 水 seems to be a flying fish

the painting at top of the ship looks like a dragon-cloud fusion and somehow reminds me of Zhou Yozhu tattoos

a romantic touch with those old timey sails... or is another hint to certain pirate captain? :O

bottom painting shaped like waves

is the red color (or is chinese vermilion) of the ship another symbol of chinese culture? perhaps taoist belief of eternity? or as a symbol of good fortune and joy? or just in it the context of authority? (red is affiliated with and used by the chinese government)

UbiBorghal
09-27-2017, 07:56 PM
Great observations, ElPrimordial!

RVSage
09-27-2017, 11:56 PM
The ship looks brilliant, I like the idea of merchant ships in general, one dynamic type activity would be successfully escape once you steal something valuable from the ship, The player can either buy the item with enough money or steal it, but if he steals it from merchant ship it would trigger a chase/ hunt which would be challenging to get away from. This could be a rewarding experience

I love the ship designs I have seen so far

This one has a lot chinese influence

The ship in the first cinematic had a lot of southern Indian influence (Ship name was in Tamil language)

You guys are really representing asian regions, architecture and languages well here. Keep going :)

ElPrimordial
09-28-2017, 06:41 PM
Great observations, ElPrimordial!

Thanks! :o I just want the BGE2 team to know we're watching them... very closely 0.0!!!

WhitecladGoth
09-29-2017, 07:46 PM
Further observations: *armed* merchant. If what I think are guns really are guns, that thing's got really heavy armament for a merchant ship. It's also got something of a blind spot in a couple of places. I'd have expected a merchant to have more small guns for pirate-swatting and maybe one big one for convincing the bigger brutes that they're not invulnerable and she's not easy prey, not that chin-mounted Bismark.

Also, that rear sail fan't be good for the aerodynamics. If they're in atmosphere, which I'd guess they are by those clouds, that's going to be under a lot of stress at that angle and the ones in front of it had better be wing-section aluminium alloy not canvas or they'll get ripped apart by any high speeds.