PDA

View Full Version : Ta-152 Gunsight

Fehler
05-27-2004, 04:31 AM
Although the gunsight bug has been removed from the FW family of fighters, I have discovered that it still exists to a large degree in the Ta-152.

I have been flying the Dora mostly, but yesterday I decided to fly the Ta exclusively online at Warclouds 44 server.

The following is my findings:

13 Sorties flown in Ta throughout the day.
11 Gunsight failures.

1 due to flak - should have wiped out my legs, but didnt.

1 due to a single burst of 50 cal that hit my wing. Got a fuel leak in the wing tank, but lost the gunsight as well!

1 due to massive cockpit hits (Should have failed here) pilot heavily wounded.

1 due to a hispano cannon hit that disabled my ailerons. The hit was on the right wing, I saw it hit, but my sight fell off.

2 more from flak hits that did nothing else to the plane but make my sight fall off.

That was the first 7 flights. I stopped making notes as the bug was still obviously present.

I did discover that the bug seemed more predominant when hit in the right wing or from underneath the plane.

Also, did the Ta-152's gunsight not have a recticle dimmer? It doesnt have one in the game.

I will do some more online testing in the next day or two and make some tracks to forward to 1C. If others are having the same experience, please post them and pay particular attention to where you are receiving hits to make the revi fall off.

Again, I find the bug absent in the Antons and Doras. A substantial amount of damage and only damage in the cockpit will cause the revi to fall off, and seems very realistic. The Ta is another story.

http://webpages.charter.net/cuda70/FehlerSig.gif
http://webpages.charter.net/cuda70/9JG54.html

Fehler
05-27-2004, 04:31 AM
Although the gunsight bug has been removed from the FW family of fighters, I have discovered that it still exists to a large degree in the Ta-152.

I have been flying the Dora mostly, but yesterday I decided to fly the Ta exclusively online at Warclouds 44 server.

11 Gunsight failures.

1 due to a single burst of 50 cal that hit my wing. Got a fuel leak in the wing tank, but lost the gunsight as well!

1 due to a hispano cannon hit that disabled my ailerons. The hit was on the right wing, I saw it hit, but my sight fell off.

2 more from flak hits that did nothing else to the plane but make my sight fall off.

That was the first 7 flights. I stopped making notes as the bug was still obviously present.

I did discover that the bug seemed more predominant when hit in the right wing or from underneath the plane.

Also, did the Ta-152's gunsight not have a recticle dimmer? It doesnt have one in the game.

I will do some more online testing in the next day or two and make some tracks to forward to 1C. If others are having the same experience, please post them and pay particular attention to where you are receiving hits to make the revi fall off.

Again, I find the bug absent in the Antons and Doras. A substantial amount of damage and only damage in the cockpit will cause the revi to fall off, and seems very realistic. The Ta is another story.

http://webpages.charter.net/cuda70/FehlerSig.gif
http://webpages.charter.net/cuda70/9JG54.html

Mattiflaps
05-27-2004, 05:18 AM
Hi Fehler,
Myself and many others are having the same problem-
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=63110913&m=928108124

Diablo310th
05-27-2004, 10:35 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fehler:

11 Gunsight failures.

Hmm Fehler.....that's good info for me...next tiem i'll aim at ur right wing. LOL

http://img54.photobucket.com/albums/v166/310thDiablo/Diablos20Sig.jpg

Zen--
05-27-2004, 11:35 AM
Fehler,

Very respectfully, I am still not seeing this problem. The only time there seems to be a loss of gunsight on the Ta is either the rare random hit or just before taking massive damage that cripples the plane. No flak hits, weird spillover damage or any of that...so far anyway.

If anything seemed unusual to me, it was that the gunsight went before other components while taking heavy damage, not during, almost as if the gunsight knew it was going to be knocked out anyway and jumped the gun.

The only questionable thing in my mind is the order of the damage...it seems like perhaps hits are recorded and then the graphics show the damage in game, but that the gunsight is shown in the wrong order...it is visibly damaged first during heavy fire but it should be further down the list. But overall this is a rare thing for me still, it gets shot out when my plane gets catastrophic damage but rarely under other circumstances. As I said before, I fly this as my primary ride now and flew it during the beta and before almost daily...I don't claim that I am the expert but I am sensitive to changes in Dora/Ta behavior, I am sure I would have noticed something like this after the patch came out, just as we all did when AEP first arrived.

Fehler, I do not discount what you say, I believe you, but I am unable to replicate this in the manner that you are experiencing. I also do not say that you are wrong or talking without evidence, but there must be some kind of difference in our installations...you have this problem, I don't seem to.

Most people don't seem to have it either, judging by the amount of topics and comments posted so far (which are relatively rare compared to first time around in AEP 2.0), but apparently there are at least a handful that do. This indicates to me that maybe it's not a global issue, but a specific user issue instead and might be related to how the game has been patched or installed on your own PC.

I am interested in investigating further so if you want to share tracks or compare notes, exchange configuration files etc, then I'll be more than happy to help out. Maybe we can uncover something or perhaps put the issue to bed altogether.

What are your thoughts? Have you noticed any connection between total damage taken during an attack vs how fast the gunsight gets knocked out? Does the order of damage seem strange or are you feeling that there is actually no change vs 2.0 at all?

Respectfully,

-Zen-

dadada1
05-28-2004, 05:51 AM
Yes I'm having problems with Ta gunsight as well, other FW's seem to be fixed. If anything the Ta gunsight was better before the patch, now it does'nt matter where the Ta gets hit, the gunsight will nearly always fall off.

HeinzBar
05-28-2004, 12:53 PM
BUMP!!!

I whole heartedly agree. While the gunsight was claimed to be fixed, the early A series still suffers from gunsight failure on a regular basis. I must also agree that the TA's gunsight is also suffering from this bug.

HB

http://www.jagdverband44.com/JV44Banner400x75.jpg