PDA

View Full Version : The PVP is getting out of control and that's sucking the fun out of the game

Thomspotting
09-25-2017, 06:27 PM
Hi everyone,

so here I'll mostly try to address what I feel like everyone who is playing the game must feel.

First, the PVP rank reset isn't a bad idea but it's not working. Nobody is able to step up the ladder as we are supposed to. Because we're not able to stack victories for two different reasons:

1- We should not lose a star for a Draw, like someone else said in this forum already, draws are almost 50% of the game.

2- Hackers and cheaters

You know that behaviour where you get a Defeat at the very start of the game (people call it ''instaloss''), well that's not a server bug, that's a hack.
And when you feel like someone is spawning way too much characters and seems to have infinite energy, that's a hack.
And when you see the health bar of your enemy grow back a full bar... yep, that's a cheat too.

and everything is documented here (hackers' gonna hate me, but I hate them already so):

http://daeity.blogspot.ca/2017/06/current-hacks-in-phone-destroyer-early.html?m=1

The guy that wrote this article said he got tired of the game because there war too much cheaters.
I think every legit gamers will get tired before the game full release if you don't correct that toxic situation soon, Ubisoft.

Thanks for listening and have a good day.

- a legal player that doesn't want to spend an hour each time to get his free PVP card pack.

Kaprylo
10-07-2017, 01:55 PM
I really hope more is done against the hackers. The game is getting so annoying pvp. I just do pve but really want to pvp fair.

cheeliah
10-24-2017, 12:27 PM
Hi, everyone! I'm new to this forum, just FYI.

Yep, you expressed how I feel.

I started playing about a month or two ago, if I remember correctly... There were quite a few cheaters then, too, but recently, this game has become virtually unplayable to me, solely because of the insane number of cheaters in PVP.

It's such a shame, as I really love the game and would love to keep playing -- but unfortunately, I am now almost completely stuck because I can't get any PVP packs, and because of this, I can hardly get any loot in single player anymore, either. And for the record: Yes, I have spent a fair amount of money on the game already, so I'm not spending any more for a while -- and most definitely not until the issue of the cheaters has been dealt with properly.

Is there any recent news from RedLynx / Ubisoft regarding this? All I can find is a statement from back in June.

Please fix this. I don't know what happened with the hotfix, but I am absolutely positive that there are still a bunch of cheaters in Phone Destroyer And sadly,they seem to have taken over the PVP completely.

Thanks for reading / listening. "Ooonwaaaaaaaard!"

UbiDomZ
10-24-2017, 02:25 PM
Welcome to the forums, cheeliah! We’re aware of these issues, and we’re working on a hotfix that should help. Although we don't have an exact date for the hotfix yet, we should have more information for everyone soon. We're taking this very seriously and we appreciate every bit of player feedback!

For more information on the upcoming hotfix, you can check out Steve's post here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1696010-Regarding-Cheaters

cashlezz
11-02-2017, 01:15 AM
Hope the hotfix is coming soon because I encountered so many hackers today right after the pvp reward rebalance patch that it's ridiculous. It's one thing if they do it discreetly but it's another when they insta-disconnect you, keep their hp bar invincible, etc. hacking right in front of you like that and there's nothing you can do.

Wierzbicki85
11-02-2017, 09:58 PM
I checked out the forum just to make sure I wasn't going crazy. There's always been a little cheating in this game but lately it's just constant. That combined with how for some reason I can't drop rank below 35 is making it pretty much impossible for me to win any pvp matches anymore. It's to the point where I'm winning one out of 10-15 matches, and I'm considering just dropping the game. Or maybe I'll just start cheating too! If everyone cheats then maybe, ironically, the game will actually be fair!

ahmerali222
11-03-2017, 08:15 PM
I love this game so much.

But it is not fun anymore.

ahmerali222
11-05-2017, 02:32 AM
Not.

Fun.

cashlezz
11-11-2017, 09:44 PM
I literally just got dced 6 times in a row today. Not sure if it's hack - most of them were at the start of the match- or just server problems. Either way I'm taking a break from this game until I can see that all the problems are hotfixed. I cautioned everyone not to spend any money like I did for the game until things are improved.

cheeliah
11-13-2017, 10:42 PM
Hi, and thank you for your reply! I still see a lot of hackers, and I was wondering how / where I should report them? This game is SUPER KEWL (seriously, though: I love it, it makes me laugh no matter how down I feel), so I hope the hackers will be banished from The Distant Realm of Downtown, and everywhere else, very soon.

Welcome to the forums, cheeliah! Were aware of these issues, and were working on a hotfix that should help. Although we don't have an exact date for the hotfix yet, we should have more information for everyone soon. We're taking this very seriously and we appreciate every bit of player feedback!

For more information on the upcoming hotfix, you can check out Steve's post here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1696010-Regarding-Cheaters

Drenzul
11-14-2017, 02:31 PM
That post was from June...... 5 months and you haven't got a fix in yet.....

This is "Soon" to you?

UbiDomZ
11-14-2017, 03:37 PM
Hi, and thank you for your reply! I still see a lot of hackers, and I was wondering how / where I should report them? This game is SUPER KEWL (seriously, though: I love it, it makes me laugh no matter how down I feel), so I hope the hackers will be banished from The Distant Realm of Downtown, and everywhere else, very soon.

Hi, cheeliah! We investigate all reported incidents of hacking very seriously, as we have a zero tolerance policy for cheating. You can use the in-game bug reporting feature to inform us of players you believe to be cheating. You may also PM me this information directly on the forums. We are actively working to improve our anti-cheat to stay ahead of potential cheaters, and we appreciate player reports and patience!

Drenzul
11-14-2017, 04:46 PM
How about an actual responce instead of the same meaningless copy/paste platitudes...........

UbiDomZ
11-14-2017, 05:03 PM
Hi, Drenzul! You can check out the latest patch notes here (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1786782-Behold!-A-mighty-update-approaches!-%F0%9F%98%8D) for more information on the steps we're taking to banish cheaters from the game. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out!

cheeliah
11-14-2017, 05:38 PM
Thank you! Will do. Would that in-game bug reporting feature be located in the Settings app on New Kid's phone?

UbiDomZ
11-14-2017, 05:51 PM
Correct! If you want to report something directly from the game, you can do so from the Support section under Settings.

Inhumanism
11-27-2017, 01:21 AM
I was enjoying this game. Until I got to around 7-8 rank in pvp... then I started encountering cheaters. I'd be winning, then all of the sudden opponent would drop 20-30 energy worth of mobs in 5 seconds... when they had been spamming as much as me all game. Maybe 1 in 2 or 3 had this "power". Then I got another couple ranks and started playing tonight. Literally 75%+ of my opponents are spamming more than 3x energy recovery rate, and I'm still VERY low rank, obviously it's only going to get worse as I rank up. This means basically everyone playing this game is cheating. Fix your damn game then let me know and maybe I'll reinstall it. If you can't manage that, then congratulations on being the most inept dev team ever.

KingGelbin
11-27-2017, 05:27 AM
There are just too many games out there that are corrupted and it looks like this one is getting added to the list. I was experiencing some of the same wonky, lopsided losses in PVP as well and thought it was weird how some players had the capability to summon massive cards mid game and never appeared to run out of energy.

Now that I have come here I see this has been going on for quite some time. Your blogspot post was from June so apparently they are not concerned with fixing the issue?
I think I had spent maybe $30.00 on the game but they will not get another penny more.

Of what value is your victory in a game when you achieved it by cheating?

It's a shame really because everything about the game is very cool, too bad it's corrupted.

Inhumanism
11-27-2017, 08:13 PM
For all their talk of "zero tolerance", it's clear that the cheating is working as intended.

The fix? Move these things server side. Yes it means you pretty much recode the game. It's a mobile game. This code is NOT that complex. They've had 6 months to do it. They haven't. That's a sure sign they don't intend to. So we move on to why don't they? Well let's look at the evidence.

Single player REQUIRES a HUGE amount of pvp play to progress. You are FORCED to not only PVP but to WIN pvp to advance in SP. There are ZERO in game rewards for losing.

This would be fine if the game didn't allow you to go on ridiculous 10, 20, 30+ game losing streaks... by some sort of balancing system. This appears to not exist. I think I've lost maybe 29 of my last 30 games. I'm still facing players who are ranked equal to or higher than myself almost every match. Most of these players have full decks of level 2 cards (I have 3). These players are usually LOWER level than me however... suggesting they do not play single player at all. The result? Forced to replay single player matches until THEY level you out... then you literally have no way to progress beyond waiting on free packs or spending money.

They've created a BRICK WALL for advancement. Can't play SP without winning PVP. Can't win PVP because THE MAJORITY of the player base is cheating. Problem could be solved if they created a balancing system that would make cheaters EASILY identifiable (obviously the top ranked players would be cheaters in a system that is flooded with cheaters). Cheaters would sift to the top, noncheaters would form a series of tiers underneath. But since they don't do this, what are your remaining options?

Pay to win. Just spend and spend real money to advance. You can't beat the single player campaigns past lvl 10? Buy upgrades until you can.

It's no surprise there are so many cheaters, considering Ubi refuses to fix the games holes that allow cheating (which were so obvious, apparently they were being widely exploited in beta and never got fixed), and structured advancement to financially REWARD cheating (it's the only way to progress without paying significant amounts of real money). They are, in essence, PAYING the cheaters to cheat, because it forces non-cheaters to pay them to advance in the game.

The game is a shakedown where cheaters are the muscle for the Ubi family. Ubi sells you "protection" (getting to advance without nonstop losses to cheaters), then lets the cheaters create the environment you need protection from.

LordLateralus
11-27-2017, 09:55 PM
I want the money back I spent on this game over the weekend. I dropped about $20 on this sh!t and I run into 95% cheaters in PVP now. Can't progress in single player because I need PVP wins. Can't win in PVP because of units that won't die, and ridiculous never ending opponent power meters that let people spam units. It's so blatantly obvious and it's not even funny.

And the sad part is that you're going to kill your own game in the process before it's even been out a month because no one will play it. You telling me the hackers are going to spend actual money on this? Good luck with that.

I'm fvcking done with this.

Tweekii
11-28-2017, 10:02 AM
I 100% agree with Inhumanism and LordLateralus.

They should give them refunds!
Can we go for a Class action lawsuit please?

Because if this was a problem in bta they should have fixed it.

Stanima1981
11-29-2017, 10:05 PM
I have experienced it on a small scale...so I acknowledge that it does exist. However, I have not run into that many cheaters. I am at rank 20 and a level 9. I really hope it stays this way for me...but who knows.

Kejserjorn
11-30-2017, 12:13 AM
I am lvl 13 and rank 42 in pvp. I normally suck at games like this one, but I like it and did make a couple of decks that work.

I dont see many cheaters (at least I dont think so) and the ones I have reported was careless and obvious beyond any doubt (spent 35 energy in 15 sec.).
Maybe I have faced other cheaters that was less obvious (I certainly have been beaten beyond recognition more than once or twice) but the majority seems to play fair in my opinion.

I do see a lot of bugs though and that is a far bigger problem to me. Mostly connection and timing bugs that are probably caused by poor connection in one or both ends.

Furthermore it annoys me that support never gives a useful answer. I have no idea if the people I reported has been banned or even investigated. Actually I am not sure if they even read my messages, as the answers are obviously generic and does not address my specific questions.

T0oru
11-30-2017, 07:23 AM
Today I tried to do pvp 5 times and got frustrated and quit.

Because all 5 of them were friggin hackers.
Pvp is no fun at all just about everyone is cheating.

errant33
12-01-2017, 04:31 PM
So many people complain about seeing hackers in most of their games. The true reality is they are far fewer then what is portrayed here and on reddit. I play this game 5+ hours a day and I watch streamers at the same time, up to 3 at a time. I am getting a TON of exposure to matches and I am a Test software engineer I know how to spot things. Their are bugs, their are hackers. The numbers are just NO WHERE near what people keeps saying. Maybe one in twenty is a hacker.

A level 2 card is not equal to another level 2 card, if you have a fresh level 2 card and they have a maxed level 2 card they will win the face off. This happens a ton in the rank 8-25 arenas and it can seem like you are match their plays playing strategically and they just are winning, in fact they can often end up with 5 guys on board as you struggle to get one out thanks to every one of their guys out matching yours as they play cards. It only takes a few days to pass this issue and be back on equal strategic playing ground. If you are bad strategically it may take longer. This is what I call the first card check wall, you don't have good enough cards to get past a certain rank because everyone at that rank has out leveled your cards and no strategy will help, hence the hacker feeling when most are not. The next card check wall happens around rank 35.

I am level 11 rank 45 for reference

shark.music
12-03-2017, 07:00 PM
I don't think the hackers are as rampant as some claim them to be, but they do exist. And I'm sure it's regional, to some extent, and the fact that I'm in the Mountain Time zone, where people are noticeably less tech oriented than, say, California, gives me some protection. (Things that used to take me six hours on craigslist when I lived in LA literally take six weeks here, because the relationship with computers and the online world is so different here in New Mexico.)

Anyway, I do think that as long as there are hackers are a real factor in the game, you shouldn't lose ranks from losing pvp. Stars, ok, sure, but if you're going to take whole ranks away, and the card access that comes with them, I feel like the game needs to be 100% legit first.

Vladimirken
12-07-2017, 12:46 AM
There are times when the hackers are a lot worse. Sometimes I can play several games in a row without coming across an energy or connection hacker. Other times its four or five in a row. Do gotta say it is kinda fun beating one of the slow play hackers on the rare occasion.

harlingd
12-29-2017, 07:18 PM
Found an easy fix to counter hackers!

I just deleted the game off my iphone while searching for articles on how Ubisoft is responding to cheaters.

This fix has brought me (and my wallet) instant relief.

Highly recommended.

guest-I0xSQUQG
12-29-2017, 10:46 PM
I think the time zone difference noted by shark.music has a big impact on the differing impressions people have about the amount of cheating. I play at many different times throughout the day, and have noticed a huge difference depending on when I am on.

If I play before work, around 5-6 AM Eastern, there are not many cheaters, and the competition is in general not vary good. Throughout the afternoon, there are a few hackers, but not many. In general, if someone beats me, it's because they are better than me. Between about 8-12 PM, Almost everyone is a cheater, and the few that don't cheat have ranked up because they are skilled/have good cards.

This has resulted in a pattern for me, where I gain 2-3 ranks every morning, maintain them throughout the day, and then lose them again in the evening. If you play early AM, you probably don't think there are any cheaters, and that we are all making this up. If you play late eveining, you are probably eaither here complaining, or you are one of the cheaters.

guest-I0xSQUQG
12-30-2017, 02:45 AM
why can't I edit my post to fix the damn typo ?!

Lolololo3333333
12-31-2017, 02:14 AM
Game is a crap show. Bugs are in every pvp match I play. Probably the worst managed pay to win game Ive seen. Match making is horrible. Im level 9 rank 39 and get matched with a lvl 13 rank 43. Whats the point? Amateur hour.

Xoulrath
12-31-2017, 06:49 AM
Game is a crap show. Bugs are in every pvp match I play. Probably the worst managed pay to win game Ive seen. Match making is horrible. Im level 9 rank 39 and get matched with a lvl 13 rank 43. Whats the point? Amateur hour.While I agree with you about the state of PvP not being as good as it could, listing just your level is misleading. I myself am at level 10 as of a few days ago, but I'm only rank 30.

While there is certainly a small advantage to be had with being higher level than your opponent, it is not nearly as important as card level. I've faced plenty of level 11 and 12 in the mid 20 ranks, back when I was still 8-9, but their cards weren't that much higher than mine.

Player level is misleading because you can easily be a high level simply by donating a lot, and/or leveling a lot of different cards without focusing on a specific deck.

I ran into a level 8 earlier tonight that had level 3 and 4 cards. This tells me that he probably doesn't donate much (and now that I think about it I don't think that he was in a clan). And it also tells me that he has focused on leveling just certain cards.

Just food for thought...

Gotecs
02-26-2018, 09:42 AM
they are settings rule sets on Friendly Matches but not on PVP . So fighting my friends will be fair but fighting for the top 100# is unfair ? This is money sucking greedy corporation 100% . Freemium. The irony is that they are also promoting it in the game . The hunger to be the best, top dog is always in human nature and thus people will ALWAYS invest their money in a crappy game.

pressplaybg
02-26-2018, 12:22 PM
Gotecs,

add to that a huge fan base of the series, along with the very good PC/Console games they made and you are free to get drawn into the illusion that the game will be awesome!

Gotecs
02-26-2018, 01:47 PM
The game is not awesome. The ideea IS . But in this game. Who invests the money has a higher chance of winning . I lost all my chances of winning when i stopped playing it for 1-2 months . Level 10 ranking against level 13 ? like WTF ? :)) It feels like the DEVS enjoy now and then the joy of hitting little kids in face . When i try to play a game, and see that the opponent is higher in Level and drops like LVL5 Characters, i just stop the application from running and reflect on Why I Love Blizzard games ? Because Blizzard is love for the community, unlike EA,UBISOFT,ACTIVISION (and when i say Activision, i refer to the part of the company that is not related to Blizzard) .

MarkeeMordred
02-26-2018, 04:14 PM
How about you fix the other **** in the other forums you keep ignoring eh?

Lack of pve compensation when the game crashes on rewards.

No in game mail system to credit players for your Fkups

Inconsistent energy over all servers

Hackers/Cheaters EVERYWHERE

And the list goes on, games gonna die and people will get refunds with this lack of CS...

Cauhalem
02-26-2018, 09:53 PM
I think the time zone difference noted by shark.music has a big impact on the differing impressions people have about the amount of cheating. I play at many different times throughout the day, and have noticed a huge difference depending on when I am on.

If I play before work, around 5-6 AM Eastern, there are not many cheaters, and the competition is in general not vary good. Throughout the afternoon, there are a few hackers, but not many. In general, if someone beats me, it's because they are better than me. Between about 8-12 PM, Almost everyone is a cheater, and the few that don't cheat have ranked up because they are skilled/have good cards.

This has resulted in a pattern for me, where I gain 2-3 ranks every morning, maintain them throughout the day, and then lose them again in the evening. If you play early AM, you probably don't think there are any cheaters, and that we are all making this up. If you play late eveining, you are probably eaither here complaining, or you are one of the cheaters.

This was my exact experience in PvP when I played the game. What made me quit were bugs that didn't allow me to even play the game plus the insufferable custom service, giving you generic answers or no answers at all, in a long period of time. It is not only the problems the game has, it is also that they are neither properly recognize not properly dealt with by the dev staff, who instead make you feel that you are crazy and insignificant with their copy-paste responses.

Zibnewski
05-04-2018, 09:32 AM
Match making is super imbalanced, have to deal with that first of all.

DarthCh3f
05-07-2018, 05:29 AM
Welcome to the forums, cheeliah! Were aware of these issues, and were working on a hotfix that should help. Although we don't have an exact date for the hotfix yet, we should have more information for everyone soon. We're taking this very seriously and we appreciate every bit of player feedback!

Yeah, how's that "hotfix" coming along? Do you have hot fix the brains of the developers?