PDA

View Full Version : berserker Tips

DrinkinMyStella
09-25-2017, 11:42 AM
I love playing with berserker and using his hyper armour chain attacks and that top heavy is so satisfying to use. I want to carry on using him and get him a high rep but I need tips on how to use high effectively at higher levels because I find at higher plays I get parried really easier. I know he is a feint god but can some berserk mains gives me some useful tips on combos with feints etc and what I can get from a GB and parries etc. (on console btw)

S0Mi_xD
09-25-2017, 12:37 PM
I love playing with berserker and using his hyper armour chain attacks and that top heavy is so satisfying to use. I want to carry on using him and get him a high rep but I need tips on how to use high effectively at higher levels because I find at higher plays I get parried really easier. I know he is a feint god but can some berserk mains gives me some useful tips on combos with feints etc and what I can get from a GB and parries etc. (on console btw)

We wanted to make some duels etc. anyways, so if you want I can show you some tricks.

Saturday or Sunday I'll be back at home.

But for now I can show you this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/715dpc/advice_for_a_masochist_going_berserker/

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/717xkp/high_level_zerk_guide/

mrmistark
09-25-2017, 01:03 PM
I find with almost any assassin, the bread and butter always comes down to light-> heavy feint-> light. Practice doing a light in one direction, feint heavy on the other side and then straight in to a different side light if they are waiting to parry, a gb if you suspect a dodge, or if you are getting parried frequently you can not do anything and wait for the parry, though with zerk I recommend either a light or gb. If they get too used to this instant heavy feint let a heavy go and gain HA. This bread and butter combo will really help you. For gb, side heavy is the highest you can get off guaranteed, then light different side for HA start up. If you can throw into a wall or while opponent is OOS, if they hit wall or ground go for top heavy, it's one of the strongest if not the strongest OOS punish and single hit wall splat there is. Other tips: keep zone and spin chops to a minimum. Only spin chop if they have an obvious start up you need to dodge anyways and go into heavy feint again. Other times it takes just a second of patience to parry the highly anticipated and animated light for max punish. Don't be the spin chop guy.

EDIT: sorry for OOS punish, I left out a key factor here. Throw them on the ground, SIDE HEAVY first and THEN top heavy. Crazy damage. Sorry about that, brain fart haha

PDXGorechild
09-25-2017, 02:00 PM
The reason he's a feint god is that his "Infinite" dance of the paired blade combo won't get broken by a feint, so as mentioned, getting some muscle memory going for Light > Heavy feint > Light/GB is going to be key for avoiding them parry's, which will destroy you pretty quick. Stamina management is hard and his hitpoints aren't exactly high so avoiding being parried is particularly crucial for a Berserker, at least until they fix this stupid f*cking mechanic.

Most of the Berserkers moves can be used as combo starters for dance of the paired blades.

Spin chop is a key defensive move against unblockables and leap attacks, but i'd be wary about using it as a combo starter if your enemy is playing defensively. The only time i'll use it offensively is when I know it will miss, so that I get a hyperarmoured heavy attack after, which will work whether the spin chop lands or not, by the way. Same can be said for head slicer leap attack.

Wallsplat > Top heavy is pretty instrumental if you're fighting in tight spaces, as your ability to spin chop will be reduced. It also does nice damage and is satisfying AF.

I'd avoid using head crusher or slashing rush against other players as they're high risk, low reward in terms of damage the amount of stamina they use.

Bear Mauler Side heavy > Side heavy > Top heavy does pretty mad damage, but I'll only use it on an opponent that is fighting someone else and not paying attention to me as it's otherwise too slow.

Basically you'll find other Assassins easy, and everyone else hard. I go all out offensive against Orochi/Shinobi/PK/Gladiator and other Berserkers, paricularly in dominion, and rarely lose against them. Hyper armour, spin chops and having higher than average health for an Assassin make the job pretty easy, especially if they're stupid enough to try and go toe to toe with you.

For all of the other classes, especially defensive ones like conquerors and warlords, you'll have to be a lot cleverer. Feinting, guard breaking and wallsplats will be key if you want to be in with a chance of winning. Don't even bother throwing heavies unless they're guaranteed to land, other than the odd one to keep them guessing.

For me, the best part about being a Berserker is your ability to take people out in 1vX scenarios. People become careless with their defence when they think it's going to be a quick gank. You can make them regret this pretty quick. Once you've got the hang of it, try chaining your dance of the paired blades between multiple opponents. You can change target at the start of each swing and keep the combo going. I've had fights where i've been surrounded by enemies, swinging and hitting one opponent after the other. It's majorly satisfying when you can pull it off.

Finally, feats. You really want the two passive ones in your first two slots, Bounty hunter and revenge attacks. The last two slots are more down to personal preference, but I generally run with throwing axe, which only does about 1 bar of damage but is instant and almost unavoidable - great for getting runners. In the last slot I run with Berserk, which isn't great since they nerfed it for reasons beyond me, but I prefer it to lame instakill abilities like the firebomb.

Happy Zerking!

mrmistark
09-25-2017, 02:28 PM
So unconfirmed by myself, but apparently zerker always gets a top heavy off of every parry. I did not even know this, but my friend just told me, so instead of gb after a heavy parry go for the top heavy. Also another big thing I forgot to hit on was wiffs and soft feints. You can wiff any move pretty much, on purpose, and this will give you hyper armor going into your infinite chain. A good one is backwards zone into either heavy, a wife's forward zone into an immediate left side light throws a lot of people off as well as it seems as though it is still part of zone but is quick and coming from the opposite direction. You can also soft feint any heavy, to include mid infinite chain by dodging at very beginning of start up, usually for a spin chop.

DrinkinMyStella
09-26-2017, 10:20 AM
wow thanks for the tips guys, ill definitely try that out, I can feint pretty good with most heroes its just berserker I find it takes more thought because his chain happens so fast and you have to be quick with the feints.

mrmistark
09-26-2017, 04:52 PM
wow thanks for the tips guys, ill definitely try that out, I can feint pretty good with most heroes its just berserker I find it takes more thought because his chain happens so fast and you have to be quick with the feints.

Any time man! And no worries, on paper I'm like a berserker god but in practice, well I **** up the timing on feints and soft feint dodge sometimes just because of this reason. I'm one of those people that has to think 5 moves ahead because my brains needs time to process haha so it took a long time to get strong with zerk. Just keep practicing and you'll get the hang of it! Cheers mate

DrinkinMyStella
09-26-2017, 05:12 PM
Any time man! And no worries, on paper I'm like a berserker god but in practice, well I **** up the timing on feints and soft feint dodge sometimes just because of this reason. I'm one of those people that has to think 5 moves ahead because my brains needs time to process haha so it took a long time to get strong with zerk. Just keep practicing and you'll get the hang of it! Cheers mate

haha thats like me I need to think ahead as well. Which platform you on mate?

mrmistark
09-26-2017, 07:25 PM
haha thats like me I need to think ahead as well. Which platform you on mate?

Xbox, you?

UbiJurassic
09-27-2017, 12:45 AM
Great job helping him out everyone! It's always great to see players come together to learn something new.

I'm personally not much of a Berserker player, but Berserkers have terrified me enough in Duels that I can share the things that I have difficulty dealing with. As a PK/Glad player, I tend to try and counter-attack against opponents. Therefore, I have trouble dealing with Berserker's who use their super-armored attacks when an opportunity to counter-attack appears. The feint game doesn't usually bother me too much, because it usually means I can do one of two things. Either they continuously feint and I can throw a light attack safely or I can play defensively until he commits to an attack. If you can bait them into throwing a light during your feints, it should open them for an easy deflect GB and follow-up attack. if you find they play on the defensive side, you can start throwing out GB's in an attempt to get some damage in or throw them off your attack patterns if they are consistently CGB'ing you.

Hope I was able to help a bit. I'll try putting some time into Berserker myself and will let you know if I learn anything worthwhile.

OhThatTickles
09-27-2017, 01:59 AM
I run Zerk as a second main (Nobu main). To followup something said earlier, yeah a parry is a free top heavy, if you are quick on the input. That top heavy is over two bars of health too, which is pretty brutal. In terms of OOS punish the side light -> top finisher is an amazing parry but can sometimes fail against assassin characters. Against them I land a side heavy and try to start another chain.

A point to consider with Zerk is that his zone comes out faster than his side lights (which are pretty fast themselves. This means that against a good defensive opponent A fake left heavy into Zone is a good way to take a bar out (at the cost of stamina). Always finish up a zone with a light if you've got stamina to burn, generally a safe hit if the zone lands.

Zerk does this thing to you which someone alluded to earlier, which is muscle memory. You fall into patterns of side light -> heavy faint -> side light -> ... This works early in matches but is easily picked up on. Make sure you put effort into keeping your combos fluid. If you're switching up your light->heavy faint direction then switch. Keep both directions the same. It'll mess with people. At higher levels less people fall for the guardbreak faints so just go for damage.

Feats: Zerk has wonderful feats. There's a particular anti-gank setup that will let you go 1v4 if you're smart: (lvl 1 bounty hunter, lvl2 doom banner [i think], lvl 3 bleed, lvl 4 fury.) You pop all of those then one connected zone bleeds someone out. You wreck everything in vengeance. Other useful setups are traps (for dominion), speed (for anything, rush + ? + lvl3 fury + lvl4 fury).

Zerk is a cult character for sure. If they give him a solid opener I'd sell my soul to the crazy bugger. Until that time I'll enjoy the insane switch in gameplay from Nobu to Zerk or vice-versa.

DrinkinMyStella
09-27-2017, 11:02 AM
Great job helping him out everyone! It's always great to see players come together to learn something new.

I'm personally not much of a Berserker player, but Berserkers have terrified me enough in Duels that I can share the things that I have difficulty dealing with. As a PK/Glad player, I tend to try and counter-attack against opponents. Therefore, I have trouble dealing with Berserker's who use their super-armored attacks when an opportunity to counter-attack appears. The feint game doesn't usually bother me too much, because it usually means I can do one of two things. Either they continuously feint and I can throw a light attack safely or I can play defensively until he commits to an attack. If you can bait them into throwing a light during your feints, it should open them for an easy deflect GB and follow-up attack. if you find they play on the defensive side, you can start throwing out GB's in an attempt to get some damage in or throw them off your attack patterns if they are consistently CGB'ing you.

Hope I was able to help a bit. I'll try putting some time into Berserker myself and will let you know if I learn anything worthwhile.

Yes it is nice that players came to my need and gave me tips, so thanks everyone fro that.

Yeah that was great help thanks. I find because berserker doesn't really have much of an opener its hard to start a chain so I have to feint or soft feint into an attack which can start a chain. He is defiantly my hardest hero to learn with because of the level of mind games you need to play, I can normal pick up a hero and do quite well from the start but with him its taken a lot of blood sweat and deaths to try and get good, I will keep going till I master him as he can be a very dangerous hero.