PDA

View Full Version : I was thinking of a new game mode.

I_loveMemes
09-24-2017, 02:44 PM
Well like the title says i was thinking of a game mode I know in s4 we'll get tribute but i was thinking of a new game mode for y2. It would work like battlefield's 1 oparations mode i believe this type of more would fit perfectly in fh. So it would be a classic 4v4 with minions mode but the attackers goals would be let's say to conquer a castle so how this could work is the attackers would have to capture some objectives first and if they successfully capture the objectives then they can bring down the castles gate after that the next Goal could be to destroy the castle's defenses and after that there could be some more objectives to do and at the end if the attackers have completed all the objectives the enemy players would have let's say 2 lives each and if you kill them then you'll have successfully conquer the castle and the attackers would win. Now for the defenders to they just have to prevent the attackers from capturing the objectives (the attackers will have 5 min each phase) and because this mode Will be probably require more amount of time to complete a match than a Dominion it could have more steel as reward and more frequent loot. Oh and something i wanted to tell about faction war after each 6hour update the faction with the most territories could get a reward let's say 50 steel this Will make the players to want to have the most territories with every update because right now only the last 2 Hours of a round matters. Anyway that's all thanks for reading this.

Ianoneshot
09-24-2017, 08:58 PM
Cool idea, kinda sounds like a siege. This could be a cool alternate siege mode. I could really see this fitting into the game. Also whats the map like? Like the picture behind this text? (you can only see it if on computer).

My gamemodemode: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1753673-Siege-gamemode-suggestion-(my-version)?p=12953100#post12953100

I_loveMemes
09-25-2017, 02:52 PM
Cool idea, kinda sounds like a siege. This could be a cool alternate siege mode. I could really see this fitting into the game. Also whats the map like? Like the picture behind this text? (you can only see it if on computer).

My gamemodemode: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1753673-Siege-gamemode-suggestion-(my-version)?p=12953100#post12953100 ikr it would be like the Viking story mission where you raid the samurai ( my favourite mission). I just want Ubisoft to reply to see what's their thoughts on this mode if they like it or not.

Illyrian_King
09-27-2017, 01:09 AM
A bit alternate version of a Siege Mode :)

I like it!

OhThatTickles
09-27-2017, 02:06 AM
I love this idea. There have been similar game types in games like Evolve and Battlefront (the disappointing new one, I know). You could make something like:

Stage 1: breach the gate (gate has health bar), defenders defend, time limit 5min.
Stage 2: Destroy Siege equipment (like in campaign last mission), defenders defend, time limit 4min
Stage 3: Destroy 15 enemy captains + eliminate enemy players, defenders defend, time limit 8min.

Just spitballing ideas, but sounds like a ton of fun and a good change of pace. So far Dominion being the only objective game is kinda lackluster.

Trbevis
09-27-2017, 10:06 AM
Sounds like a good idea, but i would prefer something along the lines of frontlines on BF, for anyone not familiar, both teams fight for control of a flag/section, whoever captures it, advances a point toward to enemies base, say one middle point, then two points either side of that, thene each enemies base.
Now the enemy base at the end could be one side a castle gates, and the other side the attacking encamptment ect, i just love the idea that you can come back after a few points are lost, makes for good matches and i think it would be brilliant in for honor

I_loveMemes
09-27-2017, 07:20 PM
I love this idea. There have been similar game types in games like Evolve and Battlefront (the disappointing new one, I know). You could make something like:

Stage 1: breach the gate (gate has health bar), defenders defend, time limit 5min.
Stage 2: Destroy Siege equipment (like in campaign last mission), defenders defend, time limit 4min
Stage 3: Destroy 15 enemy captains + eliminate enemy players, defenders defend, time limit 8min.

Just spitballing ideas, but sounds like a ton of fun and a good change of pace. So far Dominion being the only objective game is kinda lackluster.
Exactly i had it in my mind like the Viking story mission where you raid the samurai and with deticaded serves coming it would be a blast a lot better than Dominion imo because you would have objectives with a purpose and because it would take longer to complete than a Dominion match the rewards could be better silver, XP etc.

UbiNoty
09-27-2017, 11:44 PM
A siege mode is probably one of the most popular suggestions that we get, and the devs hear about it from us basically every week.
A question for all you siege supporters though - I know we typically think of new modes as being PvP, but what about a mode that's PvAI only? I've always felt siege modes always favor the defending team, which can make it hard to balance. So would it still be as enjoyable if it were only PvAI? Maybe some hyper-intelligent, killing-machine bots that we'll comandeer from skynet? ;p

Cac.maus
09-28-2017, 11:32 AM
A siege mode is probably one of the most popular suggestions that we get, and the devs hear about it from us basically every week.
A question for all you siege supporters though - I know we typically think of new modes as being PvP, but what about a mode that's PvAI only? I've always felt siege modes always favor the defending team, which can make it hard to balance. So would it still be as enjoyable if it were only PvAI? Maybe some hyper-intelligent, killing-machine bots that we'll comandeer from skynet? ;p

I have asked about harder bots before and have been told that it is an active idea with the devs and it excites me that you are bringing it up first. I fully agree that it would be difficult to balance, but doombots would make this more entertaining.
Siege mode would be great but in a pvp one team would most likely get really annoyed and them leave the game.

The_B0G_
09-28-2017, 02:59 PM

I would be totally up for a PvE mode, if it was done right. I'll bring up two other games as examples.

The Division being the first one, it was a great game until you got to the end game and started playing the hard modes that were meant to be difficult. The problem with the route they took was instead of making enemies smarter, flank more or use better tactics than on other difficulties, they just jacked up their HP and attack damage, to the point where it took 2-3 mags of ammo with a top tier gun, all headshots, just to kill a regular enemy. It took all fun out of the game that we seen in the progression from level 1-30 in the story mode.

The second game is Destiny it was fun from day one, right up until even the end game content and expansions were beat to death. Instead of going the route Division went, they decided to add more enemies, rather then add more bullet sponges that do massive damage. This way you can still get a few kills per mag, but it can still be hard if you get overwhelmed because you charge in at the wrong time, which makes it fun.

Now I know these two examples are shooters but I think the premise is the same. If you're going to make a fun but challenging PvE mode in For Honor, you can't have bots that parry, dodge, CGB or block every single attack thats launched at them, the difficulty should come from the amount of enemies you're fighting, not the skill level of the bots necessarily.

I think AI soldiers should be replaced by Captains, because in all honesty soldiers should only be used to add cinematics to the fight, they take no skill to kill, but killing a few in between every couple of Captains would add the feeling of a chaotic battle to the mode. So, lots of Captains, a few soldiers, level 3 bots would be fine but obviously you would need to make easier modes for some people with lower level bots. Maybe even make an ultra difficult level to play for big rewards, this would have to be difficult enough for most players to fail frequently before actually beating it, you could even make it a once a week thing, like Night fall strikes in Destiny.

I think a good, fun PvE mode would bring players back into the game, I have a few friends that loved the beta but don't play the game enough to be able to compete with most other players in PvP, so they shelfed it.