PDA

View Full Version : Environment

vinniciussilva
09-24-2017, 01:36 AM
I start here the discussions about the envorinment.

- What do you think guys about being able to watch the world in various angles? I think that high detailed characters could be a great option to that. A lot of idle animations and stuff.

- By the screenshots, the buildings (houses) are too similar.
I don't think that "seedRound millisecs()" with "random(1, totalBuildings)" will be enough. It is necessary to design more buildins.

- How the trains will affect the world?

Lets talk more... :D

I'm very anxious because of this game! :D

@aerovinni
Vinnicius Silva

Santa Maria,Brazil.

AgmasGold
09-24-2017, 09:35 AM
I mean, there's only so many models that can be designed, they can't all be different, and Anno has never had procedural graphics, which would be the only way to ensure complete diversity among houses.

Even so, in the real world, groups of houses get built identically all the time.

vinniciussilva
09-24-2017, 06:50 PM
Yes, maybe you are right. But I sill think that they could make more variety of buildings.

I don't know how they work with the animations in this project. But I think that making more frames could work. And frames could be extracted from the 3d file in some way.

For example: frame 1-10 Idle 1, 11-20 Idle 2... It is not that hard to process everything each cycle (of course we have threads, fiber...).
When creating each person, the function could sort an specific idle animation. So when a lot of people are in the scene, most of the animations will be different. This avoid weird visual situations.

About the houses. Yes, houses turns to be similar, but everything is too similar in my opinion.

AgmasGold
09-24-2017, 06:53 PM
Not sure how people are animated in the game. People walk up and down streets and across houses, so I think people are a completely separate system from the houses and the small animations on them.

vinniciussilva
09-24-2017, 07:17 PM
Yes I know. But I am talking about the visual. The variety of animations and buildings models.

iruet
09-24-2017, 07:51 PM
I would love to see those cartmen get changed to people cycling on those ridiculous bikes from the 19th century though :D

I can understand why they won't do all buildings different, cozz of the amount of work going into it :)

AgmasGold
09-24-2017, 08:15 PM
Especially as buildings is Anno are never just static objects, the detail and animations that go into them are beautiful, and you always have to look really closely to fully appreciate them.

The Noria in 1404 has a donkey that pulls the wheel round to distribute the water, definitely my favourite animation.