PDA

View Full Version : The Centurion Protest.

Fusyoda321
09-24-2017, 12:22 AM
May 16th 2017, Ubisoft released Season 2 for For Honor, The new Heros, Centurion and Shinobi were released.

At first Shinobi got most of the Flak of Hate, then it was discovered that centurion had extreme Cheese potential, a lot of people started playing him, was discarded at first, then the 50/50 and wall stun became a popular thing. the Flak of Hate went to Cent. Now it's almost October and it still hasn't been Nerfed, NOW they're planning to buff him... Giving his two heavys the Unblockable effect, and they also decided to remove a BIG part of Conq, "Removed Conqueror's Heavy into Full Block Stance mixup."...

Ubisoft wtf, you are going to destroy the player base, make it even more cancerous, AND make a Hero SO UNPLAYABLE the only thing you can do is turtle and light spam.

The time has come to protest...

I have thought about this for a while, but now that i've heard they're buffing cent, it's time...

Conq lives matter.

On the next warriors den the protest will go into action.
Make random accounts called NerfCentBuffConq with random numbers, Spam Conq lives matter and Nerf Cent. If we get enough people to do this on enough live streams maybe they'll notice.

If you think Centurion needs to be Nerfed, and you think the "Heavy Hitter" needs to actually be the heavy hitter, then join this protest.

CLM(Conq Lives Matter)

- Ned_****ster

CandleInTheDark
09-24-2017, 12:38 AM
May 16th 2017, Ubisoft released Season 2 for For Honor, The new Heros, Centurion and Shinobi were released.

At first Shinobi got most of the Flak of Hate, then it was discovered that centurion had extreme Cheese potential, a lot of people started playing him, was discarded at first, then the 50/50 and wall stun became a popular thing. the Flak of Hate went to Cent. Now it's almost October and it still hasn't been Nerfed, NOW they're planning to buff him... Giving his two heavys the Unblockable effect, and they also decided to remove a BIG part of Conq, "Removed Conqueror's Heavy into Full Block Stance mixup."...

Ubisoft wtf, you are going to destroy the player base, make it even more cancerous, AND make a Hero SO UNPLAYABLE the only thing you can do is turtle and light spam.

I have thought about this for a while, but now that i've heard they're buffing cent, it's time...

Conq lives matter.

Make random accounts called NerfCentBuffConq with random numbers, Spam Conq lives matter and Nerf Cent. If we get enough people to do this on enough live streams maybe they'll notice.

If you think Centurion needs to be Nerfed, and you think the "Heavy Hitter" needs to actually be the heavy hitter, then join this protest.

CLM(Conq Lives Matter)

- Ned_****ster

Maybe just watch the next Den first? They have patch notes on that Den and on reddit Eric specifically said centurion changes are around the corner.

As for conqueror, they have said that they are looking at perhaps reworking some of the older heroes but that is something that is potentially a longer process, especially if it means doing mo-cap for new moves if that is required. They have specifically mentioned conqueror, orochi and kensei when talking about this.

GMG Peter
09-24-2017, 12:51 AM
Maybe just watch the next Den first? They have patch notes on that Den and on reddit Eric specifically said centurion changes are around the corner.

As for conqueror, they have said that they are looking at perhaps reworking some of the older heroes but that is something that is potentially a longer process, especially if it means doing mo-cap for new moves if that is required. They have specifically mentioned conqueror, orochi and kensei when talking about this.

The last sentence lightened my soul

UbiNoty
09-24-2017, 01:13 AM
Centurion changes have been in the works for a while now and they are coming.

bmason1000
09-24-2017, 01:49 AM
What unblockable cent buffs are you talking about?

G4y_aZn_BoY420
09-24-2017, 01:51 AM
What unblockable cent buffs are you talking about?

Also since when does he have a 50/50?

bmason1000
09-24-2017, 02:03 AM
Also since when does he have a 50/50?
Yeah, that too.

The_B0G_
09-24-2017, 02:04 AM
It's been beaten to death, but it has taken way too long to nerf Cent, it still boggles my mind how he was considered balanced when he was released. It makes you wonder how competent the testing guys are.

One parry close to a wall and you're dead. Its pretty ridiculous. Mind you most Cents can't pull off the combo needed, but when they can and refuse to fight out in the open, it can be pretty infuriating.

ArchDukeInstinct
09-24-2017, 03:17 AM
It's really sad how a class like conqueror, barely hanging on by a thread as it is, is getting more significant nerfs than centurion.

bmason1000
09-24-2017, 04:07 AM
It's really sad how a class like conqueror, barely hanging on by a thread as it is, is getting more significant nerfs than centurion.seriously, where is this info coming from?

The_B0G_
09-24-2017, 04:14 AM
seriously, where is this info coming from?

I think what he's saying is a class as weak as Conq, got a nerf lately while the Cent is still untouched.

SwellChemosabe
09-24-2017, 04:21 AM
So......I guess i'm still the only one going "Oh **** me...." whenever I run into a conqueror?

Don't get me wrong, the bots are easy to deal with and the noobs that pick him up just prefer to spam his shield bash which is easy to get around and punish, we all know that.

but when I run into a rep 30 conq I know i'm fixing for a rough fight because as an assassin, conqueror is pretty damn hard to get around if they really know how to turtle. Like cracking open a walnut with a pair of tweezers.

D3dicatedSrv3rz
09-24-2017, 05:15 AM
Centurion changes have been in the works for a while now and they are coming.

"Coming" lolololololol

So sure the devs are not still "looking into the problem" you are noty

bmason1000
09-24-2017, 05:44 AM
So......I guess i'm still the only one going "Oh **** me...." whenever I run into a conqueror?

Don't get me wrong, the bots are easy to deal with and the noobs that pick him up just prefer to spam his shield bash which is easy to get around and punish, we all know that.

but when I run into a rep 30 conq I know i'm fixing for a rough fight because as an assassin, conqueror is pretty damn hard to get around if they really know how to turtle. Like cracking open a walnut with a pair of tweezers.Samesies! I hate seeing a conq. It's always going to be a slow annoying fight that just inches forward at a crawl. Also, 50/50 odds whether i die or not. Pure luck if i pull it off.

mrmistark
09-24-2017, 06:19 AM
I actually am of the opinion that his heavy feint into gb is definitely a 50/50. Might not be a popular opinion, but on Xbox at least, with the heavy ability to charge, you have to be extra patient and wait until the attack nearly hits you to even parry it consistently, then the gb being able to have that same window of cancelation as the start up with the rediculously fast animation makes it very hard to deal with. Most of the time I will just throw out lights and it's not a big problem, but when OOS which against cent we all know is very frequently, it is the most danagerous feint in the game to include even raiders zone. On one hand, if you eat the heavy that goes into another non stop chain of stamina drain so you can't recooperate and just keep eating damage. On the other hand he gets the go and still gets the same out come. I usually just pick one when OOS and can't back away: parry or watch for cgb cause when you actually can guess right you'll be fine.

G4y_aZn_BoY420
09-24-2017, 06:25 AM
I actually am of the opinion that his heavy feint into gb is definitely a 50/50. Might not be a popular opinion, but on Xbox at least, with the heavy ability to charge, you have to be extra patient and wait until the attack nearly hits you to even parry it consistently, then the gb being able to have that same window of cancelation as the start up with the rediculously fast animation makes it very hard to deal with. Most of the time I will just throw out lights and it's not a big problem, but when OOS which against cent we all know is very frequently, it is the most danagerous feint in the game to include even raiders zone. On one hand, if you eat the heavy that goes into another non stop chain of stamina drain so you can't recooperate and just keep eating damage. On the other hand he gets the go and still gets the same out come. I usually just pick one when OOS and can't back away: parry or watch for cgb cause when you actually can guess right you'll be fine.

Unless Xbox is different than PlayStation than its 100% reactable, there's zero guess work involved.

OneManAlone
09-24-2017, 02:34 PM
Centurion should be nerfed to the ground on consoles time for reaction on his attach is 0!!!

TBH_BlueSky
09-24-2017, 03:01 PM

Conq lives matter.

CLM(Conq Lives Matter)

- Ned_****ster

I already stopped playin a little time after S2 came out , I started again to check S3 only to find out that nothing has changed , no balance whatsoever. This arrogant Roman is just useless

SenBotsu893
09-24-2017, 03:15 PM
Unless Xbox is different than PlayStation than its 100% reactable, there's zero guess work involved.

spoken like a true centurion main: "everything is balanced and can be dodged hurr durr"

NO its not balanced and most of his followups can not be dodged. confirmed hits after confirmed hits is just an insult to any other hero in this game.

CandleInTheDark
09-24-2017, 03:28 PM
I already stopped playin a little time after S2 came out , I started again to check S3 only to find out that nothing has changed , no balance whatsoever. This arrogant French c unt Roman is just useless

So they have done no balancing work since May hmm? I have eleven pages of patch notes that disagree with you.

June 1st

CENTURION
Eagle Talon
Eagle Talon hit recovery can be cancelled into Revenge after 1100ms.
Developer comments: Eagle Talon hit recovery used to be cancellable by Revenge instantly. With the added delay, itís still possible to use Eagle Talon a second time thanks to Revenge, however, itís no longer guaranteed.
Jab
Jab hit reaction Stagger window increased to 0-800ms (from 200-800ms).
Developer comments: Jab hit reaction can now stagger the opponent 200ms earlier if near a wall. It will reduce the frame advantage given when you stagger somebody already near a wall with the Jab, preventing the infinite combo with the charged heavy.
Roll
[Bug Fix] Centurion is now immune to Guard Break while rolling.
Moveset
Added Legion Kick combo.
Added Uninterruptible Stance icon on Eagleís Fury and Eagleís Fury Alternate.
Added information about Heavy Attack cancel into Guard Break.
SHINOBI
Roll
[Bug Fix] Shinobi is now immune to Guard Break while rolling.
Deflect
[Bug Fix] Fixed a bug causing the Shinobi to get stuck in objects after performing a Deflect.

June 14th

CENTURION
Eagle Talon
Eagle Talon hit recovery can be cancelled into Revenge after 1100ms.
Developer comments: Eagle Talon hit recovery used to be cancellable by Revenge instantly. With the added delay, itís still possible to use Eagle Talon a second time thanks to Revenge, however, itís no longer guaranteed.
Jab
Jab hit reaction Stagger window increased to 0-800ms (from 200-800ms).
Developer comments: Jab hit reaction can now stagger the opponent 200ms earlier if near a wall. It will reduce the frame advantage given when you stagger somebody already near a wall with the Jab, preventing the infinite combo with the charged heavy.
Roll
[Bug Fix] Centurion is now immune to Guard Break while rolling.
Moveset
Added Legion Kick combo.
Added Uninterruptible Stance icon on Eagleís Fury and Eagleís Fury Alternate.
Added information about Heavy Attack cancel into Guard Break.
SHINOBI
Roll
[Bug Fix] Shinobi is now immune to Guard Break while rolling.
Deflect
[Bug Fix] Fixed a bug causing the Shinobi to get stuck in objects after performing a Deflect.

June 29th

Revenge Gain
Weíre bringing a lot of updates to the Revenge mechanics in this update. Our main objective with these changes is to have more granular control over Revenge gain in multiple group fight situations. Before going into the details of our changes, hereís an overview of how Revenge gain works.
We determine Revenge gain based on two core elements:
The type of attack contact determines how much raw Revenge score you earn for one incoming attack. The Base Revenge score is determined by using the raw damage of the attack* and applying a multiplier based on the contact result: if itís a block or a hit, you earn a given value, if itís a parry you earn another value.
Raw Attack damage x Contact multiplier = Base Revenge score
*Melee attacks that donít have any damage output have a set value.
The group fight status adds a multiplier to the Base Revenge score. If youíre in a 1v1, 1v2, 1v3, or 1v4 situation, we multiply the Base Revenge score accordingly (the more outnumbered you are, the higher the multiplier).
Base Revenge score x Group fight multiplier = Final Revenge Score
Now that youíre familiar with the basics, here are the changes weíve made in this new update.
Most of them focus on improving how we compute group fight status:
We now have 4 distinct values to multiply Re

G4y_aZn_BoY420
09-24-2017, 03:36 PM
spoken like a true centurion main: "everything is balanced and can be dodged hurr durr"

NO its not balanced and most of his followups can not be dodged. confirmed hits after confirmed hits is just an insult to any other hero in this game.

Did I say he's balanced? No I did not, idiot. I said he doesn't have a 50/50 because you can react to heavy unblockable soft feint mixup.

SenBotsu893
09-24-2017, 08:14 PM
Did I say he's balanced? No I did not, idiot. I said he doesn't have a 50/50 because you can react to heavy unblockable soft feint mixup.

oh consider that nerv touched.

yes you are right. you can react to it. as easy as you can react to peacekeepers light spam.

the thing with his soft feint is that your thumb is still on the stick adjusting to the attack direction of the 500ms heavy. while your thumb should have been on the gb button in order to actually counter the gb in time.

not entirely impossible to pull off but very hard indeed if you consider input lag and connectivity are not in favour of such quick actions.

gj4063
09-24-2017, 09:23 PM

Troll.

mrmistark
09-25-2017, 03:40 PM

yes you are right. you can react to it. as easy as you can react to peacekeepers light spam.

the thing with his soft feint is that your thumb is still on the stick adjusting to the attack direction of the 500ms heavy. while your thumb should have been on the gb button in order to actually counter the gb in time.

not entirely impossible to pull off but very hard indeed if you consider input lag and connectivity are not in favour of such quick actions.

^^Spot on. That's why his feint into gb really is a 50/50. It forces you to guess where your thumb should be in more cases than not, though I don't expect pc players to relate, which is fine, not knocking you all, but players with mouse and keyboard don't understand the difficulty when all buttons are right there at a correlating finger tip.

That aside, what makes him so strong is more his ability for such large punishes. He needs a balance between his punishes and his neutral fighting state. A Centurion is only as good as the ability to start up his chains and gimmicky moves. So in neutral his openers are super punishable, a good start up to a chain is super easy to interrupt with a simple light. Making him the ultimate turtle because one parry takes all the stamina. His 50/50 gb feint becomes an actual real danger, and he has a ridiculous ability to keep you OOS. His wall punish is also very difficult to get out of. The follow up jabs that we're "fixed" so you can dodge still don't offer enough time to recover. They need to balance out his ability to punish so hard and really help him on his nutral stance. His melee attacks need to cost much more stamina, his charged heavies should not be able to soft feint into gb, but should have to be hard canceled. Zone should be able to be parried on each hit, but adversely also cancelable at any time. Honestly his normal heavies need to be slower with a bigger delay into soft feint and to counter act the hit on his kit his lights should deal more damage. I think the stamina increase on melee would offset his wall splat offering only 2 rotations max before needing to retreat, opens up the idea of using normal chains more then melee spam making for a better experience all around.

Just my (assuming) unpopular 2 cents (get it? Cents!? Haha ahhh puns...)

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
09-25-2017, 03:56 PM
Please keep my Conqueror out of this crazy mission of yours. I do enough damage as is, and sure the character has holes, but they all. While I agree others may need some adjustments, in no way do I feel the Conqueror needs to be touched.

G4y_aZn_BoY420
09-25-2017, 04:02 PM
^^Spot on. That's why his feint into gb really is a 50/50. It forces you to guess where your thumb should be in more cases than not, though I don't expect pc players to relate, which is fine, not knocking you all, but players with mouse and keyboard don't understand the difficulty when all buttons are right there at a correlating finger tip.

That aside, what makes him so strong is more his ability for such large punishes. He needs a balance between his punishes and his neutral fighting state. A Centurion is only as good as the ability to start up his chains and gimmicky moves. So in neutral his openers are super punishable, a good start up to a chain is super easy to interrupt with a simple light. Making him the ultimate turtle because one parry takes all the stamina. His 50/50 gb feint becomes an actual real danger, and he has a ridiculous ability to keep you OOS. His wall punish is also very difficult to get out of. The follow up jabs that we're "fixed" so you can dodge still don't offer enough time to recover. They need to balance out his ability to punish so hard and really help him on his nutral stance. His melee attacks need to cost much more stamina, his charged heavies should not be able to soft feint into gb, but should have to be hard canceled. Zone should be able to be parried on each hit, but adversely also cancelable at any time. Honestly his normal heavies need to be slower with a bigger delay into soft feint and to counter act the hit on his kit his lights should deal more damage. I think the stamina increase on melee would offset his wall splat offering only 2 rotations max before needing to retreat, opens up the idea of using normal chains more then melee spam making for a better experience all around.

Just my (assuming) unpopular 2 cents (get it? Cents!? Haha ahhh puns...)

Except it doesn't, you can 100% react to it.

mrmistark
09-25-2017, 04:03 PM
You can react to it, it's just not likely that you'll be successful.

brashtralas
09-25-2017, 04:10 PM
Please keep my Conqueror out of this crazy mission of yours. I do enough damage as is, and sure the character has holes, but they all. While I agree others may need some adjustments, in no way do I feel the Conqueror needs to be touched.

Ummm..... completely disagree there. He's pretty awful. Not just balance-wise, but fun and actual utility, as well. The conqueror is the weakest character in the game in the one place that actually counts: design.

G4y_aZn_BoY420
09-25-2017, 04:13 PM
You can react to it, it's just not likely that you'll be successful.

I don't have any trouble. The time between the attack goes orange and it hits seems to take forever, I don't have the exact frame data but maybe ill look into when I get home. If I had to guess its at least 400ms, so you get 600ms to process that either a softfeint or the unblockable is coming and then you get the 400ms to react. Again I don't have the exact numbers so I could be wrong but I've never felt short on time.

mrmistark
09-25-2017, 04:20 PM
Ummm..... completely disagree there. He's pretty awful. Not just balance-wise, but fun and actual utility, as well. The conqueror is the weakest character in the game in the one place that actually counts: design.
Agreed here, he has a very "eh screw it, he has a shoulder bash" type of mentality when being created I feel, you know, back in the day when only a small amount of characters has melee attacks. I think he really just need HUGE chip damage in comparison to other characters, like normal heavy blocked does half a light damage. They wanted to make him "make sense" to his weapon by not letting him cancel his attacks, at least give him the damage benefit for that being the case. At least his crappy infinite chain would be more than a noob crusher. The rest is fine, though I feel like he just needs an unblockable heavy that can also be FGS canceled somewhere to make him perfect, and PLEASE not at the end of a 3 light chain or something utterly ridiculous like that. Maybe an out of FGS option. Would provide good mix ups seeing as everyone good that plays conq is forced to play with this handicap feint bs anyways.

kbvlcvfkhgc
09-25-2017, 05:52 PM
Ran into two Centurions the other night working as a team spamming the Sh!t out of their BS move set, just lining up to take turns on my sorry a$$, the game was over before it began,

yes, don’t get caught on your own, don’t get caught against a wall, just dodge, git gud etc. etc., I’m sure in the perfect world where Cent mains/supporters live this all sounds very reasonable but in the real world sometimes sh!t happens and once you’re in the votex of death you may as well call it a night because you ain’t going to get your stamina back and you’re going to be knocked down and pinned to death in quick order, there’s nothing you can do, nothing,

I so sick and tired of this fu$*!ng Cancer Character and Ubisofts constant BS excuses in addressing him, so somethings coming eh? Like something was coming at the beginning of S3? Enough talk let’s see some action,

swjobson
09-25-2017, 06:04 PM
A lot of things about centurion can be easily understood by recognizing that he's a pay-to-win character.

Does anyone remember how broken and overpowered Orochi was at first? Then they ruined it with nerfs. Why? It was a vanilla kit that nobody specifically paid extra for, everyone had equal access to it, so it's something devs can nerf without worrying about harming their overall revenue.

Cent is not like that. Could they ruin it by doing to it the same things they did to Orochi (slow down movement on certain attacks, raise stamina costs, reduce damage on certain attacks, etc)? Sure, and none of that is complicated in terms of programming since it merely adjusts number values (which is why dev's "cent needs complex changes!" excuse is bogus).

However, players with the season pass get *early* access to dlc kits, and new players with season pass get easy access that bypasses the grindwall of collecting steel, as well as players that just purchase steel via micro transactions are going to want to spend that resource on something more powerful than a vanilla kit, and if those dlc kits are balanced with vanilla kits then there's there's no reason for anyone to pay extra. To protect their revenue, devs need to create and maintain clearly imbalanced content to lure players into handing over extra money.

This is not a problem that's exclusive to For Honor. Almost every game that includes micro transactions has this same experience. Complain all you want but devs will give preference to the pay-to-win crowd for obvious financial reason, and players that want a well balanced and competitive game have no leverage. I've deleted FH off my harddrive and won't be coming back. The rest of you should probably do the same.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
09-25-2017, 06:05 PM

When I am consistently one of the bottom 2 as opposed to one of the top 2 Ill agree. Until then Ill have to say its user error on your part. And no Im not the best, by far. But dont tell me he doesnt work, as far as effectiveness and overall fun.

G4y_aZn_BoY420
09-25-2017, 06:11 PM
A lot of things about centurion can be easily understood by recognizing that he's a pay-to-win character.

Does anyone remember how broken and overpowered Orochi was at first? Then they ruined it with nerfs. Why? It was a vanilla kit that nobody specifically paid extra for, everyone had equal access to it, so it's something devs can nerf without worrying about harming their overall revenue.

Cent is not like that. Could they ruin it by doing to it the same things they did to Orochi (slow down movement on certain attacks, raise stamina costs, reduce damage on certain attacks, etc)? Sure, and none of that is complicated in terms of programming since it merely adjusts number values (which is why dev's "cent needs complex changes!" excuse is bogus).

However, players with the season pass get *early* access to dlc kits, and new players with season pass get easy access that bypasses the grindwall of collecting steel, as well as players that just purchase steel via micro transactions are going to want to spend that resource on something more powerful than a vanilla kit, and if those dlc kits are balanced with vanilla kits then there's there's no reason for anyone to pay extra. To protect their revenue, devs need to create and maintain clearly imbalanced content to lure players into handing over extra money.

This is not a problem that's exclusive to For Honor. Almost every game that includes micro transactions has this same experience. Complain all you want but devs will give preference to the pay-to-win crowd for obvious financial reason, and players that want a well balanced and competitive game have no leverage. I've deleted FH off my harddrive and won't be coming back. The rest of you should probably do the same.

how is it pay to win when everyone has access to him? 15,000 steel is a drop in the bucket, you can get that in a week or two and if you were smart enough to have that saved when you already know a character is coming, you can get him a week after those that buy the season pass (omg an entire week!!!). Also see highlander and post nerf shin and that will help dash away your argument even further.

brashtralas
09-25-2017, 08:02 PM
When I am consistently one of the bottom 2 as opposed to one of the top 2 Ill agree. Until then Ill have to say its user error on your part. And no Im not the best, by far. But dont tell me he doesnt work, as far as effectiveness and overall fun.

Whelp, here we go again with the assumptions. And, to top it off, you didn't read/comprehend what I wrote. Stunning.

I get first place pretty much every match. With conqueror, or any character I play.so I guess, by your logic, my opinions holds more weight than yours since I get first more often on average?

Riiiigghhht.

And he "works," just not effeciently or effectively. I can do what he does with just about any non-assassin characters, except easier/and more fun. Fun is relative, of course, but the conquerors simplicity will make him less fun for the majority of people.

As I said before, he's poorly designed. Then, to top it off, he took some nerfs early on that really hamstrung his versatility. As he stands, not many like to play him, and less want to play against him due to a lack of enjoyment(fun, in other words, the one thing all games should have in common).

Adding some more combos and complexity to the character only benefits the community. And besides, they're changing him no matter what either of us say, so there's that.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
09-25-2017, 08:54 PM
Whelp, here we go again with the assumptions. And, to top it off, you didn't read/comprehend what I wrote. Stunning.

I get first place pretty much every match. With conqueror, or any character I play.so I guess, by your logic, my opinions holds more weight than yours since I get first more often on average?

Riiiigghhht.

And he "works," just not effeciently or effectively. I can do what he does with just about any non-assassin characters, except easier/and more fun. Fun is relative, of course, but the conquerors simplicity will make him less fun for the majority of people.

As I said before, he's poorly designed. Then, to top it off, he took some nerfs early on that really hamstrung his versatility. As he stands, not many like to play him, and less want to play against him due to a lack of enjoyment(fun, in other words, the one thing all games should have in common).

Adding some more combos and complexity to the character only benefits the community. And besides, they're changing him no matter what either of us say, so there's that.

But youre not saying anything really. Its all opinions but you state them as otherwise. And if you are in the top spot every single match with the Conqueror well then yes, it should hold more weight. I should look to learn a thing or 2 from you. Why would I not? Thats just silly.

And fun is relative. You assume its less fun because of this forum? Its probably not even 2% of the actual population that play.

Lastly more opinions, him being poorly designed is just that.

Trbevis
09-25-2017, 09:17 PM
Someone said its massivly unfair that cent hasnt been nerfed yet conquerer has , truest words spoken, i cant wait for conq to be sorted out :( he was my main but he isnt even fun to play with anymore, and cent not being taken down a notch is a joke, all we hear is changes are coming!
When?
They are coming, and you will love it!
...when!??!?!?!
... we dont have a date but changes are coming....

Get a move on then please!! haha
P.s. not a moan at the forum mods, isnt their fault, just very annoying hearing the same line every week/month

swjobson
09-26-2017, 01:15 AM
how is it pay to win when everyone has access to him? 15,000 steel is a drop in the bucket, you can get that in a week or two and if you were smart enough to have that saved when you already know a character is coming, you can get him a week after those that buy the season pass (omg an entire week!!!). Also see highlander and post nerf shin and that will help dash away your argument even further. Since I already listed several cash-payment methods for obtaining dlc characters, you probably didn't read more than a few sentences before becoming angry and responding with this garbage. Just because *some* dlc characters have been slightly tweaked doesn't change the fact that Centurion is by far the most imbalanced kit in the game, or explain the dev's nonsense excuses for not doing anything about it.

Now that I've checked your other posts in this thread, you've spent 100% of your time shreaking at others for criticizing Centurion so at least I'm not alone. I'd guess you play Centurion a lot more often than you're willing to admit. Enjoy the easy wins while they last, kid.

G4y_aZn_BoY420
09-26-2017, 01:29 AM
Since I already listed several cash-payment methods for obtaining dlc characters, you probably didn't read more than a few sentences before becoming angry and responding with this garbage. Just because *some* dlc characters have been slightly tweaked doesn't change the fact that Centurion is by far the most imbalanced kit in the game, or explain the dev's nonsense excuses for not doing anything about it.

Now that I've checked your other posts in this thread, you've spent 100% of your time shreaking at others for criticizing Centurion so at least I'm not alone. I'd guess you play Centurion a lot more often than you're willing to admit. Enjoy the easy wins while they last, kid.

I'm not the one raging, thats you. Depends on what you mean by imbalanced. If you mean hes imbalanced in the sense that he has an absurd punish game while having a terrible neutral game then sure I'd agree. If you mean imbalanced in the sense that hes the strongest then you are way off my friend. How have I shreaked at people? By pointing out he doesnt have a 50/50 because he doesnt? LOL okay. Always this dumb argument that if you say something isnt true about a character than you must play that character. I guess the next time some idiot calls kenseis finisher mixup a 50/50 I have to agree with him or I'm a kensei main amirite?

kweassa1
09-26-2017, 06:24 AM
Ran into two Centurions the other night working as a team spamming the Sh!t out of their BS move set, just lining up to take turns on my sorry a$$, the game was over before it began,

Just out of curiosity, what classes do you think you can defeat when it's a pair of friends communicating each other and working as a team in a premade?

yes, donít get caught on your own, donít get caught against a wall, just dodge, git gud etc. etc., Iím sure in the perfect world where Cent mains/supporters live this all sounds very reasonable but in the real world sometimes sh!t happens and once youíre in the votex of death you may as well call it a night because you ainít going to get your stamina back and youíre going to be knocked down and pinned to death in quick order, thereís nothing you can do, nothing,

Mmmm... the classic rant from people who usually never bother to try or practice.

Yes, it isn't a perfect world, so remedies may fail. There's no guarantee of anything -- just lot of methods to improve your chances. But aside from all that, isn't it really funny how your lamentable situation always works perfectly for the cent pair, and yet always works against you?

So they always catch you when you are alone and your pants down. Your team never comes to help you. Your efforts to escape always fail. Their efforts to kill you and teamwork always succeed, right? :rolleyes:

See, that's funny, because in the real world, random is random. Sometimes they get you, other times your situation is better and you survive, or at times even win. In the real world, the situation isn't perpetually one-sided as you claim it to be. So that actually implies two things:

(1) as with many centwhiners, you're simply exaggerating in an enraged shi*fit
(2) for some reason, it actually does happen that you're always on the short end of the stick

If it's (1), there's no problem at all. If it's (2), there's also no problem at all, because as said, in the real world things go topsy-turvy. If that doesn't happen and you always lose in that situation, thjat means there's a serious human factor involved. :rolleyes:

I so sick and tired of this fu$*!ng Cancer Character and Ubisofts constant BS excuses in addressing him, so somethings coming eh? Like something was coming at the beginning of S3? Enough talk letís see some action,

I've got a pretty good guess that you'll probably be still complaining even if they nerf the hell out of the Cent. Heh.

Aarpian
09-26-2017, 03:26 PM
People are STILL crying about centurion? Just how bad at the game are you people?

StriderBorne
09-26-2017, 03:40 PM
Is Centurion STILL not balanced? Theres your answer

Aarpian
09-26-2017, 04:15 PM
Is Centurion STILL not balanced? Theres your answer

He's been mediocre since release unless you're using him against **** players. I guess I overestimated the community's abilities of simple pattern recognition.

Nope, better just complain about him non-stop instead of paying any ****ing attention to what's happening to me and reacting accordingly! If you people played an actual fighting games your tiny brains would crumble into dust.

Devils-_-legacy
09-26-2017, 04:21 PM
Wow lol someone touched a nerv

Aarpian
09-26-2017, 04:29 PM
Wow lol someone touched a nerv

Wow! BTFO! Point destroyed! Fedora successfully tipped!

kbvlcvfkhgc
09-26-2017, 04:59 PM
Just out of curiosity, what classes do you think you can defeat when it's a pair of friends communicating each other and working as a team in a premade?

Mmmm... the classic rant from people who usually never bother to try or practice.

Yes, it isn't a perfect world, so remedies may fail. There's no guarantee of anything -- just lot of methods to improve your chances. But aside from all that, isn't it really funny how your lamentable situation always works perfectly for the cent pair, and yet always works against you?

So they always catch you when you are alone and your pants down. Your team never comes to help you. Your efforts to escape always fail. Their efforts to kill you and teamwork always succeed, right? :rolleyes:

See, that's funny, because in the real world, random is random. Sometimes they get you, other times your situation is better and you survive, or at times even win. In the real world, the situation isn't perpetually one-sided as you claim it to be. So that actually implies two things:

(1) as with many centwhiners, you're simply exaggerating in an enraged shi*fit
(2) for some reason, it actually does happen that you're always on the short end of the stick

If it's (1), there's no problem at all. If it's (2), there's also no problem at all, because as said, in the real world things go topsy-turvy. If that doesn't happen and you always lose in that situation, thjat means there's a serious human factor involved. :rolleyes:

I've got a pretty good guess that you'll probably be still complaining even if they nerf the hell out of the Cent. Heh.

You again? every Centurion post you turn up like clockwork insulting everyone who comments or posits an opinion that the Centurion is unbalanced in 4v4, espousing the same very lengthy and insufferable arrogant sermon over and over that basically amounts to telling everyone to shut up and "Git Gud"

I like many many others feel that the Centurion is way too unbalanced in 4v4, itís an opinion, we're entitled to air it and one that Ubi if their post can be believed acknowledge as a major problem for non-Centurion player enjoyment, thatís what in case no one told you a public forum exists for? you donít agree thatís fine but leave all the snide and arrogantly dismissive comments out of it,

you appear to have appointed yourself as the official spokesman and defender in Chief for the game, I hate to break it to but youíre not, and your opinion carries no more weight than anyone elseís, so back off with your arrogant insulting sermonizing and allow others to have their say and air their opinion to the game developers.

Devils-_-legacy
09-26-2017, 05:02 PM
Wasn't trying to denie your point just think you went around it the wrong way was a bit blatant you main as a cent before I even checked but I agree he's not that hard to deal with but his jab shouldn't knock down unless your oss they took that ability from most hero's but let cent have it other then that not a real problem

brashtralas
09-26-2017, 05:43 PM
He's been mediocre since release unless you're using him against **** players. I guess I overestimated the community's abilities of simple pattern recognition.

Nope, better just complain about him non-stop instead of paying any ****ing attention to what's happening to me and reacting accordingly! If you people played an actual fighting games your tiny brains would crumble into dust.

I love that you think you're somehow better than those that make baseless claims. You're their equal opposite on the spectrum. You do litttle to actually help any situation, and really only agitate it further.

You're remarkably blinded by your elitism, and you have a relatively narrow perspective. I won't try to argue balance with you, I just thought I'd point out how similar you are to those you hate.

Do better.

Netcode_err_404
09-26-2017, 06:08 PM
I love that you think you're somehow better than those that make baseless claims. You're their equal opposite on the spectrum. You do litttle to actually help any situation, and really only agitate it further.

You're remarkably blinded by your elitism, and you have a relatively narrow perspective. I won't try to argue balance with you, I just thought I'd point out how similar you are to those you hate.

Do better.

He is not etlisist, he is just stupid.

Card1acArrest
09-26-2017, 07:02 PM
Ive played a couple hundred hours now, many classes, and id say im mid skill level. i beat most rep 1-2-3 people and can play good vs ppl with high reps. I just played a guy now, played him 3 classes.

we were equal, until he picked up his Centurion. even if i know the kick is coming as the typical crap move he got so much other things combined I just need 2 misses and I am dead. rinse and repeat.

NOBODY thinks its fun. the guy just quit after 1 fight because it was no fun for him nor for me.

I repeat that for the other fights we were pretty even. (my LB beat his raider, his orochi beat my kensei, his Cent nuked my Valkyre.

So i AGREE, the Centurion is OP for 80% of the people playing against him. I dont care that 20% on the top say he is balanced. It does not help 80% of the player base.

S.J.Lannister
09-26-2017, 09:42 PM
He is not etlisist, he is just stupid.

I think so too. He is so suprised with every Centurion's Thread, repeating "People go Git Gud".

OhThatTickles
09-27-2017, 01:41 AM
Been lurking on these forums for a while, playing since beta. I love this game. Honestly, I would have to say it's my favorite technical fighter game of all time. Love the design, love the customization (minus salvage levels over 900,000), love the skill cap (through the roof), just a little disappointed in developer responsiveness.

Does Cent need a nerf, yeah. Is he a cancer, questionable. Were there bigger cancers in the past, I think so. But to stay on topic, give us the bloody nerf. It's so far overdue that the excuses are really just insulting now. He isn't Kosher by any means, and that's clear to such an overwhelming population here that the outliers among us look like they're suffering the side-effects of drinking sewer water.

Blah blah blah he's OP, what everyone else says. I've been looking at him for awhile and think the main issues are:
1.) Stamina Drain: Too high. No one plays this game to be always OOS.
2.) Punishes: Make it on par with literally every other character. 2 Parries = death, ok, that's... nice...
3.) Heavies: (This is a personal observation): This mutha's heavies come out faster than almost every other character, including the assassin characters Orochi, PK and zerk. Why is this exactly? Is that necessary for his kit?
4.) 4v4: A massive cutscene that lets everyone around wail on you for free, for 30 seconds... I think people have been asking for a change to this since release, which was months ago. That issue, among all of them, seems pretty lackadaisical.

I love this game, I really do. But Cent definitely doesn't make me enjoy it. Every time I start a game to see Cent(s) on the other side I groan, just like 80+% of the people on this forum. For those purveyor's of "git gud": I think your intensity in defending Cent is admirable, in a sad, short-bus sort of way.

Aarpian
09-27-2017, 09:36 AM

Do better.

No. You've missed the endless posts where I provide all the evidence in the world why these people crying about centurion are wrong. All the numbers and information a man could want, but you people don't give a **** about facts - you lost to centurion but it just CAN'T be your fault! The centurion must be overpowered!
I've pointed out time and again how centurion only thrives against people playing terribly. I've pointed out everything you can do to avoid the "unavoidable damage". I've pointed out that Centurion has weaknesses, even if his light-parry game is strong. Nobody cares. They would rather whine.

So now what do I do? I just poke fun at the ****ters who are STILL crying because they STILL haven't learned. Why do you think it is that not a single tournament-level player thinks centurion is overpowered? Do you realise that we ALL laugh at you? That "Centurion is OP" is a meme?

Centurion will no doubt get nerfed from mediocrity into terribad status because you hyperactive clowns can't sit still for 5 minutes and just learn what you need to do to completely shut him down. Meanwhile PK can still **** on absolutely everyone with option-select 400ms zone parries like she's been able to do since day 1, but you idiots don't care about how broken she is because she doesn't knock you on your *** before she kills you.

S0Mi_xD
09-27-2017, 10:14 AM
No. You've missed the endless posts where I provide all the evidence in the world why these people crying about centurion are wrong. All the numbers and information a man could want, but you people don't give a **** about facts - you lost to centurion but it just CAN'T be your fault! The centurion must be overpowered!
I've pointed out time and again how centurion only thrives against people playing terribly. I've pointed out everything you can do to avoid the "unavoidable damage". I've pointed out that Centurion has weaknesses, even if his light-parry game is strong. Nobody cares. They would rather whine.

So now what do I do? I just poke fun at the ****ters who are STILL crying because they STILL haven't learned. Why do you think it is that not a single tournament-level player thinks centurion is overpowered? Do you realise that we ALL laugh at you? That "Centurion is OP" is a meme?

Centurion will no doubt get nerfed from mediocrity into terribad status because you hyperactive clowns can't sit still for 5 minutes and just learn what you need to do to completely shut him down. Meanwhile PK can still **** on absolutely everyone with option-select 400ms zone parries like she's been able to do since day 1, but you idiots don't care about how broken she is because she doesn't knock you on your *** before she kills you.

brashtralas hit the point.

Your message isn't that people should learn to play and centurion is beatable.
It is "I am a competitive player, so I know better than you all" and "centurion is completely trash without his parry punish" (what isn't true at all).

You are sharing basically this "high-lvl opinion" - it's the same as casuals agree to most casual claims, as if they are written in stone or golden rules.

And before you try to defend yourself - this is not an offense against you, there is no reason to argue here.
It is the pure impression other people get from all your posts.

If I would like, I could play For Honor competitive as well, but my opinion on all this would still be the same.

Just to point out brashtralas message:

You are not better than those you argue against.

T00Young.2.Die
09-27-2017, 11:06 AM
Dear Sir,
With all due respect to you and players of your skill level:
I play since beta, but the speed of my learning is no were near yours or high skills players. Thats is a fact and Iīm not ashame to say it. BUT:

What are we talking about ??? The punish of the centurion is way too strong, for me and players in my skill range.
Ofc, I am willing to learn and do practice everyday a bit. I do 2-3 mistakes per round in 1vs1, cause that is my skill level. Playing against centurion feels for me like i have a 5% chance to win and I KNOW that is mainly cause of my skill lvl.

PLEASE READ THIS:
Even if they nerf the centurion, PLAYERS LIKE YOU WILL ALWAYS 3-0 me. Nothing can change that, comparing our skill lvl: you will always be better then me.
Good Sir, all I ask is to get the feeling I that was fair fight, even if it looks like 0-3 from my point of view.
I dont even exepect to take a round against players of your skill lvl, but seeing I was getting you to 2-3 bars moral down is more then a win for me, with my 2-3 mistakes per round.

I have done the 20 matches and ended up in gold 3 (before the redistributed the lvls). It was clear to me that Gold is not there to stay long cause my opponents were much better then me. I truly accepted that, but kept playing to learn, each match.

I love this game, playing every day and I think the best way for FOR HONOR, Ubisoft and our community is to accept that there are different skill lvl players. For me the most important is a big community to support this product, which I love.

From the Matchmaking point of view I must say that I am very happy with how is now. Why?
My overall rep lvl is very high, but that is because the first 4 months I was only playing against Bots (to much salt , crahes in Pvp). So my PvP learning started around 2 mounts ago.
Every single match of dominion, when i get grouped up against rep 1 to 25, first there are scared seeing my overall rep, but once it starts i truly feel and see we are in a very close skill range. Sometimes (in 1vs1 situation) my opponent wins and I have no problem with that as he was clearly better and sometimes I win cause Iīm slowly getting rid of the bad habits (4 months of playing only against bots).

Dear Sir, dear players of high skill in For Honor:
A nerf to centurion or even the strong nerf to warlord has nothing to do with your skill lvl. Your were, are and still be total superior to me. If we get to met on the battleground I will accept the lessons you will give me (from the skill point of view). I never quit a single match till now, no matter the odds and not planning to.

That being said, Dear Devs : Bring the defence meta update as soon as you can and, if then is needed, balance the classes please. In the end we all support you !

With all due respect towards The Community and Ubisoft.
Happy hunting bois and girls

Aarpian
09-27-2017, 12:14 PM
brashtralas hit the point.

Your message isn't that people should learn to play and centurion is beatable.

It used to be, but everybody refused to listen. So now I just laugh at people and point out that the only reason they have problems with centurion is because they're bad.

It is "I am a competitive player, so I know better than you all" and "centurion is completely trash without his parry punish" (what isn't true at all).

You are sharing basically this "high-lvl opinion" - it's the same as casuals agree to most casual claims, as if they are written in stone or golden rules.
He is trash without his parry punish. Low damage, short range, completely reactable heavies. Mediocre damage, short range, completely reactable lights. Kick is completely reactable, his unblockable is extremely easy to parry and can't be feinted. 110hp.
My message isn't "I'm a competitive player so I know better than you", it's "You're terrible at this game and all your issues with centurion could be solved by spending 30 minutes to an hour either playing him or duelling him and paying some ****ing attention to what's going on."
You idiots are trying to get a mediocre character gutted because you can't be ****ed putting in a modicum of effort. It would be like nerfing the auto-sniper in CS:GO because silver babbies get rekt with it.

And before you try to defend yourself - this is not an offense against you, there is no reason to argue here.
It is the pure impression other people get from all your posts.

If I would like, I could play For Honor competitive as well, but my opinion on all this would still be the same.
I'm not offended, I don't give a **** about the opinions of a bunch of people for whom getting the devs to obliterate something they can't handle is preferential to just spending a tiny amount of time actually learning.

Just to point out brashtralas message:

You are not better than those you argue against.
Yes, I am. It's a demonstrable fact. There's a reason you don't see any good players crying about Centurion, just the dregs who inhabit this forum and the regular reddit.

Netcode_err_404
09-27-2017, 01:07 PM
I think so too. He is so suprised with every Centurion's Thread, repeating "People go Git Gud".

He self declaired competitive player. Which in FH scenario means absolutey nothing, considering the game IS NOT COMPETITVE.

He is a poor guy, and im sorry for him.

No, I'm not. :P

S0Mi_xD
09-27-2017, 02:10 PM
It used to be, but everybody refused to listen. So now I just laugh at people and point out that the only reason they have problems with centurion is because they're bad.

He is trash without his parry punish. Low damage, short range, completely reactable heavies. Mediocre damage, short range, completely reactable lights. Kick is completely reactable, his unblockable is extremely easy to parry and can't be feinted. 110hp.
My message isn't "I'm a competitive player so I know better than you", it's "You're terrible at this game and all your issues with centurion could be solved by spending 30 minutes to an hour either playing him or duelling him and paying some ****ing attention to what's going on."
You idiots are trying to get a mediocre character gutted because you can't be ****ed putting in a modicum of effort. It would be like nerfing the auto-sniper in CS:GO because silver babbies get rekt with it.

I'm not offended, I don't give a **** about the opinions of a bunch of people for whom getting the devs to obliterate something they can't handle is preferential to just spending a tiny amount of time actually learning.

Yes, I am. It's a demonstrable fact. There's a reason you don't see any good players crying about Centurion, just the dregs who inhabit this forum and the regular reddit.

Sooo... giving no fu-cks about our opinions means calling us idiots, noobs etc.

See, that's what I hate about players like you.

"Yes, I am. It's a demonstrable fact."
Thinking you are better than those others who complain (so high of yourself) - even if we obviously not talking about skill but behavior.

Also, judging from the centurion part, it really sounds like, you are untouchable by any hero, because you say, that everything is reachable(what I agree), but also everything is a easy parry etc.

Those lines are lines I do not believe, heard those in several games - those ppl always disappointed me, and others, not bragging with a rank or playing competitive or similar things did better then those.

Trash talking a char this way is ridiculous, same happens with warlord after the nerf.
But the most ridiculous about it is, it's useless to talk with such ppl.

Aarpian
09-27-2017, 04:20 PM
He self declaired competitive player. Which in FH scenario means absolutey nothing, considering the game IS NOT COMPETITVE.

He is a poor guy, and im sorry for him.

No, I'm not. :P

I'm not self-declared, I was one of the most successful players in the tournament scene and the best conqueror in the world. Then I stopped playing because they refused to fix the ****ty defensive meta we'd been warning them about since before release.

Sooo... giving no fu-cks about our opinions means calling us idiots, noobs etc.

See, that's what I hate about players like you.

"Yes, I am. It's a demonstrable fact."
Thinking you are better than those others who complain (so high of yourself) - even if we obviously not talking about skill but behavior.

Also, judging from the centurion part, it really sounds like, you are untouchable by any hero, because you say, that everything is reachable(what I agree), but also everything is a easy parry etc.

Those lines are lines I do not believe, heard those in several games - those ppl always disappointed me, and others, not bragging with a rank or playing competitive or similar things did better then those.

Trash talking a char this way is ridiculous, same happens with warlord after the nerf.
But the most ridiculous about it is, it's useless to talk with such ppl.

The problem is you're not going to convince me of anything by merely crying "He does too much damage!". You people NEVER put things in perspective, you never provide any evidence, you just say "I don't like it!" and that's that.

And I didn't say everything is reactable, I said everything centurion does is reactable. I never said everything is an easy parry, I said his unblockable is an easy parry - which it fully is. It can't be feinted and it's slow as ****.

Why am I arguing facts though? So long as he can knock you down you'll complain.

Netcode_err_404
09-27-2017, 04:58 PM
I'm not self-declared, I was one of the most successful players in the tournament scene and the best conqueror in the world. Then I stopped playing because they refused to fix the ****ty defensive meta we'd been warning them about since before release.

The problem is you're not going to convince me of anything by merely crying "He does too much damage!". You people NEVER put things in perspective, you never provide any evidence, you just say "I don't like it!" and that's that.

And I didn't say everything is reactable, I said everything centurion does is reactable. I never said everything is an easy parry, I said his unblockable is an easy parry - which it fully is. It can't be feinted and it's slow as ****.

Why am I arguing facts though? So long as he can knock you down you'll complain.

You still blabbling ?

Nobody cares if you are the best in the world. Especially in this game.

Where is your 10k tournament win ?

Oh right, that reminds me why nobosy cares lol

brashtralas
09-27-2017, 05:57 PM

Wow, didnít take long for you spout the exact hyperbole you so desperately rally against. I have many, many posts across countless threads that break down the centurions imbalances(which doesnít mean ďoverpowered,Ē it means his strengths and weaknesses), why people dislike him, and the effect heís had on the community, THEN I proceed to provide solutions.

But, weíre all just whiners that over-exaggerate and donít know what weíre talking about, right?

Riiiiiiiigggghhhhhtttt....

gj4063
09-27-2017, 06:03 PM
You don't have to feed the troll. Toy understand he's trolling you all.

He has no interest in recognizing the difference between to rosy player balance and balance for everyone else.

S.J.Lannister
09-27-2017, 06:23 PM

The best Conqueror in the World? I remember my son at 4 years old yelling that he is super speed. He was super sweet but that's all ;)

You don't listen - we are saying that Centurion is unfair, not unbeatable. He needs balance, not nerf to the ground.

HumoLoco
09-27-2017, 07:31 PM
Son. Watch the Den video before you bsing spouting here.

I don't believe in Centurion needs to be nerf. Hes fine. It's just you who can't beat him.

They removed Conqueor's moveset which is cleared Conqueror is going to be rework.

Netcode_err_404
09-27-2017, 07:34 PM

I don't believe in Centurion needs to be nerf. Hes fine. It's just you who can't beat him.

They removed Conqueor's moveset which is cleared Conqueror is going to be rework.

Thats good sir, is a BS like i've never heard before.

brashtralas
09-27-2017, 07:44 PM

What?....

Also, I think itís worth noting that the centurions number one counter is.............

The conqueror.

Fascinating.

ChampionRuby50g
09-27-2017, 09:59 PM
I'm not self-declared, I was one of the most successfb
ul players in the tournament scene and the best conqueror in the world. Then I stopped playing because they refused to fix the ****ty defensive meta we'd been warning them about since before release.

So you're one of the most successful players of the exploit/unlock abuse tournament? What have you got to show for it except for a massively inflated ego?
Do you perhaps think you had an easier time dealing with Cent as a Conq due to the fact that Cent is very heavy attack orientated? Cent was very easy for me to deal with as LB due to shove on block and because I was quite skilled in my region. Does that mean I should compleltey disregard other people's opinions because I am a better player than them, and that all off a sudden their concerns aren't valid? Of course not. A bit of open mindness would go a long way here mate. When I fight a Orochi or say a Warden, it's not doom and gloom if I make one mistake. But with the Centurion, one mistake leads to the longest period of time in which he gets confirmed damage and stamina drain on you. You can literally only afford to make one, two max if the Cent is incompetent, mistake when playing against a Cent, due to his insane parry punish And cutscene moveset. Yes, you can react to his moves, but if you miss time one thing he prepared for flashing white screen and A large amount of damage. Just because we have been playing since release compared to a few months doesn't mean that we have to put down people who have valid concerns about a hero.

Arekonator
09-27-2017, 10:55 PM
Being able to (in 4v4 enviroment) delete all but 4 characters with single successful grab near wall is completely fine and balanced. We scrubs just need to git gud.

Averageperson10
09-27-2017, 11:37 PM
this is pointless spam

ArchDukeInstinct
09-28-2017, 02:35 AM
Don't you goofs get it? You just need to play like a tournament player and go absolutely nuts on your class's respective exploit. That centurion can't take half of your health through a light parry if you're doing nothing but unlocked zone attacks as a nobushi.

Aarpian
09-28-2017, 02:01 PM
So you're one of the most successful players of the exploit/unlock abuse tournament? What have you got to show for it except for a massively inflated ego?
Do you perhaps think you had an easier time dealing with Cent as a Conq due to the fact that Cent is very heavy attack orientated? Cent was very easy for me to deal with as LB due to shove on block and because I was quite skilled in my region. Does that mean I should compleltey disregard other people's opinions because I am a better player than them, and that all off a sudden their concerns aren't valid? Of course not. A bit of open mindness would go a long way here mate. When I fight a Orochi or say a Warden, it's not doom and gloom if I make one mistake. But with the Centurion, one mistake leads to the longest period of time in which he gets confirmed damage and stamina drain on you. You can literally only afford to make one, two max if the Cent is incompetent, mistake when playing against a Cent, due to his insane parry punish And cutscene moveset. Yes, you can react to his moves, but if you miss time one thing he prepared for flashing white screen and A large amount of damage. Just because we have been playing since release compared to a few months doesn't mean that we have to put down people who have valid concerns about a hero.

Exploits/unlock weren't a thing when I used to compete. What do I have to show for it? Got quite a fair amount of money.
Did I have an easier time dealing with cent as conq? Yes, conq is a horribly designed character which is why I called for him to be nerfed. Unfortunately superior block is still here and still ridiculous. I also don't play conq very much since I stopped competing.
If I really wanted to beat a conqueror, I'd just pick peacekeeper. She's completely superior. But the fact is you don't need a gimmick to deal with centurion - You can deal with him very easily by simply not humping walls and not throwing out predictable light attacks. If you're not humping a wall he only gets 25 damage off a guardbreak or 40 off a heavy parry. His light parry punish is crazy good, but it's pretty much the only thing keeping him viable. I'd very happily see power shifted in his kit away from that, but that's not a nerf, that's a rebalance.

And yeah, we do have to put people down who cry for nerfs when it's a l2p issue, otherwise the game will get balanced around people who don't know how to play the game.

Wow, didn’t take long for you spout the exact hyperbole you so desperately rally against. I have many, many posts across countless threads that break down the centurions imbalances(which doesn’t mean “overpowered,” it means his strengths and weaknesses), why people dislike him, and the effect he’s had on the community, THEN I proceed to provide solutions.

But, we’re all just whiners that over-exaggerate and don’t know what we’re talking about, right?

Riiiiiiiigggghhhhhtttt....

If you Genuinely are just complaining that Centurion's power is stacked too heavily in one aspect, and that in terms of actual strength he's not that good, then congratulations, you have a brain.

But that's not what I see anybody saying. All I hear is "He's too strong!" or "He killed me from one parry!" or "He drained all my stamina and then I couldn't do ANYTHING!". And, again, I never hear this from good players. I never see people calling for reasoned, rational balancing, it's just praying to the great Ubi-swirl in the sky to cut Centurion's legs off and leave him crippled.

And yes, you're over-exaggerating whiners. That's exactly my point. You cry that he can kill you off of one parry, which isn't true unless he ledges you. Hell one guy even posted "proof" which consisted of him fully geared and with all feats enabled beating on a naked bot and said "SEE! LOOK HE DOES 130 DAMAGE OFF ONE PARRY!"

Netcode_err_404
09-28-2017, 02:19 PM
Exploits/unlock weren't a thing when I used to compete. What do I have to show for it? Got quite a fair amount of money.
Did I have an easier time dealing with cent as conq? Yes, conq is a horribly designed character which is why I called for him to be nerfed. Unfortunately superior block is still here and still ridiculous. I also don't play conq very much since I stopped competing.
If I really wanted to beat a conqueror, I'd just pick peacekeeper. She's completely superior. But the fact is you don't need a gimmick to deal with centurion - You can deal with him very easily by simply not humping walls and not throwing out predictable light attacks. If you're not humping a wall he only gets 25 damage off a guardbreak or 40 off a heavy parry. His light parry punish is crazy good, but it's pretty much the only thing keeping him viable. I'd very happily see power shifted in his kit away from that, but that's not a nerf, that's a rebalance.

And yeah, we do have to put people down who cry for nerfs when it's a l2p issue, otherwise the game will get balanced around people who don't know how to play the game.

If you Genuinely are just complaining that Centurion's power is stacked too heavily in one aspect, and that in terms of actual strength he's not that good, then congratulations, you have a brain.

But that's not what I see anybody saying. All I hear is "He's too strong!" or "He killed me from one parry!" or "He drained all my stamina and then I couldn't do ANYTHING!". And, again, I never hear this from good players. I never see people calling for reasoned, rational balancing, it's just praying to the great Ubi-swirl in the sky to cut Centurion's legs off and leave him crippled.

And yes, you're over-exaggerating whiners. That's exactly my point. You cry that he can kill you off of one parry, which isn't true unless he ledges you. Hell one guy even posted "proof" which consisted of him fully geared and with all feats enabled beating on a naked bot and said "SEE! LOOK HE DOES 130 DAMAGE OFF ONE PARRY!"

We are lucky, because the game is easy to fix.

Organize a tournament, and wait. All you will see need to be fixed. :)

Devils-_-legacy
09-28-2017, 02:23 PM
Why do cent mains always say he's balanced he clearly isn't he's not the toughest hero but still needs to be looked at and balanced to say he doesn't have an advantage against the morjority of hero's is amazing

JesterSyxe
09-28-2017, 02:44 PM
@UbiNoty "Centurion changes have been in the works for a while now and they are coming.!"

Are you not sick of telling this same old lie again and again and again? Nobody believes you anymore.

Devils-_-legacy
09-28-2017, 02:57 PM
Warriors den at 5 hopefully it will have news

Arekonator
09-28-2017, 04:30 PM
The 130 damage combo is real and while the exact damage numbers might slightly vary depending on exact gear matchup, it still deletes majority of other characters from single grab. Regardless of you denying it, it is present and everyone can easily verify it by themselves.

Also i stumbled upon this gem earlier today and immediately knew it will be relevant.
https://i.imgur.com/1PqztVt.png

ChampionRuby50g
09-29-2017, 12:06 AM
@UbiNoty "Centurion changes have been in the works for a while now and they are coming.!"

Are you not sick of telling this same old lie again and again and again? Nobody believes you anymore.

I believed Noty, and guess what? The changes are coming, and if you watch the den/read a recap you'll see too.

brashtralas
09-29-2017, 01:12 AM
I believed Noty, and guess what? The changes are coming, and if you watch the den/read a recap you'll see too.

I wonít lie, seeing flat nerfs across the board for centurion is very disappointing. After all this time of deliberating and calculating, it appears to be a simple, flat nerf that could have happened in week four of season 2.

A lot of people advocate for simply nerfing the centurion into the ground, but they fail to realize that he doesnít have much without his huge parry/wall punish and eagles talon combo. His health is so low that thereís not a lot of room for mistakes.

So i Guess we will see, but I think he needs more CHANGES, less nerfs.

ChampionRuby50g
09-29-2017, 02:20 AM
I wonít lie, seeing flat nerfs across the board for centurion is very disappointing. After all this time of deliberating and calculating, it appears to be a simple, flat nerf that could have happened in week four of season 2.

A lot of people advocate for simply nerfing the centurion into the ground, but they fail to realize that he doesnít have much without his huge parry/wall punish and eagles talon combo. His health is so low that thereís not a lot of room for mistakes.

So i Guess we will see, but I think he needs more CHANGES, less nerfs.

I agree that these nerfs should off come a lot sooner, start of season 3 at the latest. I don't know why or can't say why it took so long, but surely there would be a reason. I personally think that the nerfs, like the slower block time after feint and no longer able to wall splat are fair. The amount of Cents that we will see will now be cut in half, and the community will probably love it.

I also agree that a rework/change would have been better, with some nerfs thrown in too, but only time will tell.

bananaflow2017
09-29-2017, 06:14 AM
Why do cent mains always say he's balanced he clearly isn't he's not the toughest hero but still needs to be looked at and balanced to say he doesn't have an advantage against the morjority of hero's is amazing

I dunno but the cent is not the biggest problem in 2v2 or 4v4.
I played my cent die 9 reps and then i saw an actual meta gameplay in 4v4...
Cent is actually not a part of it.
When i play with my friend (zerker) it's insane.
He engages the enemy and I wait for my moment to stampede and knock him into a wall. If i manage to do that the enemy is dead without being able to pop revenge.
He will get 2 zerker heavies +knee +light.
Only a lawbringer can survive that.
This is nothing compared to any cent wall stagger or anything. This is just sick and lawbringers can do the same thing.

I agree cent is annoying to play against, but imo he was never a problem when u play with premades. Lets see where he is now cuz basicly he has a strong parry and a wall stagger thats all.
Wall stagger removed now jap not safe after hitting a heavy so there are not many reasons to play him imo anymore.
Only in 1v1 he will stay cuz in high skiled plays u just turtle with him anyway.

brashtralas
09-29-2017, 06:35 AM
He engages the enemy and I wait for my moment to stampede and knock him into a wall. If i manage to do that the enemy is dead without being able to pop revenge.
This is nothing compared to any cent wall stagger or anything. This is just sick and lawbringers can do the same thing.

I agree cent is annoying to play against, but imo he was never a problem when u play with premades. Lets see where he is now cuz basicly he has a strong parry and a wall stagger thats all.
Wall stagger removed now jap not safe after hitting a heavy so there are not many reasons to play him imo anymore.
Only in 1v1 he will stay cuz in high skiled plays u just turtle with him anyway.

Pretty much. Seems like an awful long time of deciding how to handle his changes only to damage him in the exact way they feared.

S0Mi_xD
09-29-2017, 06:36 AM

Centurion is fine like he is, the only problem also good players saw with him, is that the abuse of some of his moves was really ridiculous (nearly infinite wall punish etc.)
Also Centurions "animations" ( pins and jab knockdowns), the recovery from it wasn't like on normal knockdowns, that means in 4v4 other many people where able to get much dmg against one player hit by full charge jab.

About the 4v4 - it doesn't matter which heroes gank you, if you are ganked, your are ganked - also, if the gankers are actually working like a team and not attacking blindly, you won't have much of a chance anyways.

The high lvl players turtle, is a parry problem - why should you attack if you can instead be defensive with the same effect (getting full dmg output).
And the newer meta (that hopefully gets patched with the next patch completely ) is the "unlock meta" - as soon as people found a way to surpass/bypass the "parry meta / def meta" with unparriebal attacks.
Unlock zone related exploits getting fixed with the shorter zone buffer (the zone flicker fix), and other unlock exploits with the other change they did.

That means after the next patch we are going back to def meta ;D (you will see more parry/turtle in high lvl play again) until they finally fix the def meta.

bananaflow2017
09-29-2017, 07:03 AM
Centurion is fine like he is, the only problem also good players saw with him, is that the abuse of some of his moves was really ridiculous (nearly infinite wall punish etc.)
Also Centurions "animations" ( pins and jab knockdowns), the recovery from it wasn't like on normal knockdowns, that means in 4v4 other many people where able to get much dmg against one player hit by full charge jab.

About the 4v4 - it doesn't matter which heroes gank you, if you are ganked, your are ganked - also, if the gankers are actually working like a team and not attacking blindly, you won't have much of a chance anyways.

The high lvl players turtle, is a parry problem - why should you attack if you can instead be defensive with the same effect (getting full dmg output).
And the newer meta (that hopefully gets patched with the next patch completely ) is the "unlock meta" - as soon as people found a way to surpass/bypass the "parry meta / def meta" with unparriebal attacks.
Unlock zone related exploits getting fixed with the shorter zone buffer (the zone flicker fix), and other unlock exploits with the other change they did.

That means after the next patch we are going back to def meta ;D (you will see more parry/turtle in high lvl play again) until they finally fix the def meta.

In my experience it's pretty important with what characters u are ganking.
When Im getting ganked by 2 characters without an unblockable or sth i will just turtle up and I usually win this cuz I dont have to dodge so there is no time window of vulnerability. I will get revenge anytime and then it's my time to shine.
Even when it's Cent or shinobi i will get a bit chip dmg after an unblockable but thats it. I will lose this mostly but it will take a long time for them to kill me.
But when u getting a stampede it's 2 free heavies for his mate. 2 heavies from a zerker is just insta death dir nearly everyone....
Yes when you are ganked you are ganked in most cases but it's also a question of time cuz during the ganked ur team can outnumber the enemy while you are ganked.

S0Mi_xD
09-29-2017, 07:17 AM
In my experience it's pretty important with what characters u are ganking.
When Im getting ganked by 2 characters without an unblockable or sth i will just turtle up and I usually win this cuz I dont have to dodge so there is no time window of vulnerability. I will get revenge anytime and then it's my time to shine.
Even when it's Cent or shinobi i will get a bit chip dmg after an unblockable but thats it. I will lose this mostly but it will take a long time for them to kill me.
But when u getting a stampede it's 2 free heavies for his mate. 2 heavies from a zerker is just insta death dir nearly everyone....
Yes when you are ganked you are ganked in most cases but it's also a question of time cuz during the ganked ur team can outnumber the enemy while you are ganked.

Sure, it can be easier with a hero who has unblockables or melee attack.

But it always depends on how you play.

Just as an example, I am a berserker main, and sometimes when I play with a berserker friend, we have a easy tactic in 2v1.

If someone turtles up, he or me launches a chain for a top heavy combo finisher and in before it hits the other one GBs him.

Even if he CGBs, he is still vulnerable in the CGB animation ;) works with every hero.
And if he gets revenge, just GB or faint attacks to trigger him and wait until it is over, most of the time they will spam zones -> parry them, GB maybe into a wall, to drag out the revenge.

It's even easier then with stampede charge.

bananaflow2017
09-29-2017, 07:53 AM
Sure, it can be easier with a hero who has unblockables or melee attack.

But it always depends on how you play.

Just as an example, I am a berserker main, and sometimes when I play with a berserker friend, we have a easy tactic in 2v1.

If someone turtles up, he or me launches a chain for a top heavy combo finisher and in before it hits the other one GBs him.

Even if he CGBs, he is still vulnerable in the CGB animation ;) works with every hero.
And if he gets revenge, just GB or faint attacks to trigger him and wait until it is over, most of the time they will spam zones -> parry them, GB maybe into a wall, to drag out the revenge.

It's even easier then with stampede charge.

Yes it is. Cuz it's an unblockable XD...
And as a zerker u know the strengh of 2 heavies ;).
Also very important: i need to be sure he locks his camera in my zerker bro. Then u can stampede from his back, so it's nearly unreactable. Same with lawbringer, but he can aditionally shove his defense into oblivion :).

S0Mi_xD
09-29-2017, 07:59 AM
I know ;)

Just want to say - you can achieve the same effect with a GB ^^
So there is no "real disadvantage" there, for classes without a melee/unblockable out of neutral :P

Basically works with every hero, if you know what to do and if the teamwork fits :) (funny how we are talking about ganking in a non-negative way xD)