PDA

View Full Version : Survival Mode against AI game type?

CheekyKemosabe
09-23-2017, 10:33 AM
Hey everybody, same as always; I'm not entirely sure if it's been brought up and i'd search for it but I'll be perfectly honest in saying that i'm not very computer savvy and the search for other threads is confusing as ****.

SO, that being said I had an idea earlier about a new game mode. Sing along if you know the lyrics, if not I really don't ****ing care HERE WE GO :D

Survival mode: a game mode where 1-4 players start out in an arena like setting, maybe similar to brawl maps or a new map set up in such a fashion for players to be able to move around but still be confined to a limited space.

Unlimited rounds, no time limit, no boosts, feats, or gear score.

it's a bit dragged out, the explanation I have for how the mode would work, so here's a very brief rough draft for how it'd work.

Round 1: One level 1 bot
Round 2: two level 1 bots
Round 3: three level 1 bots
Round 4: four level 1 bots
Round 4: two level 1 bots, one level 2 bot
Round 5: two level 2 bots
Round 6: two level 1 bots, two level two bots

here's where it gets interesting

round 6: three level 2 bots and two captains
round 7: four level 2 bots, two captains, 10 minions
round 8: three level 2 bots, one level 3 bot, two captains 30 minions
round 9: two level 3 bots, two level two bots, four captains, 50 minions
round 10: four level 3 bots: four captains, 70 minions

Now from this point on the number of bots could actually increase from the typical maximum of four. so instead of 4v4 at some point you might be facing 4v6 or 4v8.

Each round more bots, higher level bots, until eventually you reach a point where there's just adding more and more of the maximum level bot you can face, with more captain, more minions and the only way you can gain health back is through the standard execution like in the normal matchmaking.

Obviously this is just a very very rough sketch of how each round could progress but ya'll got the idea.

Thoughts everybody?

edit: just to add on, I feel like it'd be great way to inspire teamwork and might give way for more events, contracts, even themes. Imagine, Halloween time's a comin, how many of the reanimated dead could you fend off as they fight for the underworld?

but anywho, that's my pitch. All criticism accepted, good or bad :)

ChampionRuby50g
09-23-2017, 10:59 AM
You know what? I think this idea has great potential. It would defs be a way to challenge players in a new type of fighting, especially with the no health unless execution. I like the idea of it because it sounds like a final stand, a Viking raiding party getting cut off behind enemy lines.
My one question is: Do all off these enemy's Come out and charge you at once, or is it at a set time, or depending on how many enemy's you kill? Say for round 10 2 level 3 bots, 1 captain and 35 or so minions then after you kill a bot the next one instantly comes out with a captain and minion support?

Also to expand on this, if the maps and locations allow for it, let it be so we could possibly set up defences at key areas or choke points. You could place a wooden barricade down to deny access for a short time, maybe a ballista down for the later rounds. Even sharpened wood stakes into the ground to deal damage while the enemy is slowed passing through. Earning these defences could be based of renown as well, making players have to think hard about if they would prefer their feats (if feats would be available) or defences

CheekyKemosabe
09-23-2017, 11:42 AM
You know what? I think this idea has great potential. It would defs be a way to challenge players in a new type of fighting, especially with the no health unless execution. I like the idea of it because it sounds like a final stand, a Viking raiding party getting cut off behind enemy lines.
My one question is: Do all off these enemy's Come out and charge you at once, or is it at a set time, or depending on how many enemy's you kill? Say for round 10 2 level 3 bots, 1 captain and 35 or so minions then after you kill a bot the next one instantly comes out with a captain and minion support?

Also to expand on this, if the maps and locations allow for it, let it be so we could possibly set up defences at key areas or choke points. You could place a wooden barricade down to deny access for a short time, maybe a ballista down for the later rounds. Even sharpened wood stakes into the ground to deal damage while the enemy is slowed passing through. Earning these defences could be based of renown as well, making players have to think hard about if they would prefer their feats (if feats would be available) or defences

In my mind it goes by rounds, like a typical duel, brawl, elimination match, but the damage you take carries over. However that does sound like it would be more challenging and I would love if that could be a thing. My concern is how hard it'd be to code that together (shouldn't be too hard i'd imagine but i'm not a programmer so i can't assume anything). Like just a full on, wave after wave no time to breath kind of challenge would be really fun in my opinion. Good idea!

I could get on board with a point limit defense award. Rewarding players with like the absolute minimal defensive capabilities after a certain point gain.

ChampionRuby50g
09-23-2017, 12:28 PM
In my mind it goes by rounds, like a typical duel, brawl, elimination match, but the damage you take carries over. However that does sound like it would be more challenging and I would love if that could be a thing. My concern is how hard it'd be to code that together (shouldn't be too hard i'd imagine but i'm not a programmer so i can't assume anything). Like just a full on, wave after wave no time to breath kind of challenge would be really fun in my opinion. Good idea!

I could get on board with a point limit defense award. Rewarding players with like the absolute minimal defensive capabilities after a certain point gain.

Like you said in the opening post of this thread, I too am not computer savvy at all and have no idea how hard or difficult that would be to code, I'd like to think it wouldn't be that hard but I've been wrong before. Facing endless waves would really give one the impression off been up against the wall and make quick decisions. New game mode for year 2 or FH 2 perhaps?

UbiNoty
09-24-2017, 12:40 AM
I can definitely pass it over to the team! We do get quite a few horde mode style suggestions, but I like the round progression suggestions. :)